+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never wanted kids and I don't like them. I'm having a baby because I love my husband and he wants kids.

I believe people when they say "it's different when it's your own child" however I really hope my child doesn't end up being one of those obnoxious ones, because I hate the idea that something I created and love is annoying people. I go out of my way to not annoy people, and I really don't want to start once I have a child...

Sent from my doodad on the whatsimagiggy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm not very clucky or maternal I think, I have absolutely no idea how to connect with kids at all, all of my friends kids think I am majorly boring. I suppose I had my first because Ithought that is what you do, my hubby wanted one etc, and I was pleased to find out that I adored him, so we had more. But yeah, I woulnd't say I don't like other peoples kids, I just am not interested at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My kid can be a brat. It's just that I can send her to her room if she's giving me the irrits and I can't do that with others lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    See I just don't get the 'I don't like kids but knew I wanted my own'
    I don't like dogs, they annoy me. So I'll never get a dog, simple.
    I can get that there are other factor for people having kids... Maybe it's a biological thing.
    All animal species have a biological drive to procreate. It ensures the survival of the species. It's simply biological. Of course we love our own children above all others, it ensures we will care for them into maturity so they can repeat the cycle of life. That's all. You might find Darwin 'on the origin of species' interesting reading.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've never met a kid I didn't like. I love all kids. I would MUCH rather spend my time with kids than adults. Doesn't matter how old they are, either. I've always been like that.

No idea if that will change when I have my own, but I seriously doubt it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There's only a couple of kids I don't like, and it's for their horrible/rude personality.
    But a lot of the time I do blame their parents as they do nothing to discourage it.

My kids can do some really naughty things sometimes, but they are really sweet kids. Just not to their poor mother lol.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love kids but since being pregnant I've had a lot less tolerance for them (it might just be because i am tired though!) I've spent almost half my life looking after other people's kids and I'm just ready to look after my own.

Having kids was always a deal breaker for me, I wouldn't have settled down with someone who didn't care one way or the other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    See I just don't get the 'I don't like kids but knew I wanted my own'
    I don't like dogs, they annoy me. So I'll never get a dog, simple.
    I can get that there are other factor for people having kids... Maybe it's a biological thing.
    For me I never hated kids. I didn't gravitate towards kids before I had my own (still don't really) but I didn't actively hate them either. I'm just not naturally a maternal person, but I always knew I'd love my own.

As for dogs, well you've never met my goldie

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (02-05-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    It's not that I didn't like kids, I just felt really akward around children. I am the youngest in the family and had no exposure to babies or younger children. I never had any maternal desires either. If at work someone bought their new baby in I was usually the only woman who had no interest in looking at the baby or holding the baby. I always knew that I wanted my own children though and I've learnt how to talk and relate to children through my own children and subsequent exposure to other people's children.

I think saying "we don't like children" is probably not what we really mean. It's probably more we feel uncomfortable or have no parental inclinations towards other people's children.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

MsMummy  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think I ever felt a biological urge to have kids either. It was more of a 'logical' decision. If I'd been able to continue having children for my whole life then I would have waited another 5-10+ years! It was because of my age that prompted us to start trying.

I also wanted them more as 'older' kids or adults, than I did babies/ toddlers, if that makes sense. I looked at the things I loved doing with my parents (and still do) - like playing cards, drinking wine, watching films, etc. - and thought how nice it would be to do that with my own kids one day.

So, if I can describe it that way, it was more of a logical thought about the future, rather than an "I want babies" feeling.

Having had DD, I like babies and kids a lot better now! She changed my thinking