+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetTheBluths View Post
    I find it a bit odd that someone could say 'I don't like (other people's) kids'... It's like saying 'I don't like old people' or 'I don't like adults'. Kids are individuals as much as the rest if us...
    Maybe because kids don't pick up on social cues? If you're not in a talkative mood, or you plain don't like someone, most adults will pick that up. Lots of kids can be pretty in your face. I know mine are. My DS tries to tickle random strangers in public and DD will grin and grin at someone till they pay attention to her, and if they don't she shouts. Because they're too young to really know how to behave in public properly, which I can see would be really annoying to some people. Kids personalities are sort of amplified. That's kind of what I love about them, they are who they are- no bullshyte.

I adore kids, even now I have two. I'm one of those adults you find at the kid's table, or going to work conferences and spending the whole week chatting with another speaker's 10 year old daughter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think it's fair enough to say you don't like kids.

Sure, it generalising, but for me, kids are people. I don't like people. That doesn't mean I don't like ALL people, but in general, I would prefer to be alone than spend a lot of time around other people. Kids happen to, generally, be the most noisy and inconsiderate people there are. They're not exactly easy to like. Some are likeable... I like DP's nephew because he's funny and cheeky, but also charismatic, so you laugh at him even when he's being a little brat. He's got charm. But generally... kids are noisy and like to demand attention. I am not keen on listening to their noise or giving them my attention.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I loved kids, until I had my own... now I just love mine. There are some kids I really like, but in general... not a huge fan.
    This.

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I adore kids, even now I have two. I'm one of those adults you find at the kid's table, or going to work conferences and spending the whole week chatting with another speaker's 10 year old daughter
    Me too - I would much rather spend time with kids than most adults, I find them so individual, interesting, wondrous and whimsical. I often chat to the kids at DS's daycare. All if them are beautiful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Girl X;7220136]I was never maternal. I never wanted to hold babies, and kids never really appealed.

However, when I thought of the future with no kids, then that felt sad...

this for me.

.in my twenties i loathed kids...but i knew one day i wanted my own...just did, i knew it..i had a few dark years doing ivf when i thought i would never have kids and i was riddled with an intense fear...it was a horrific thought to have no children of my own even tho i didnt particuarly like ( nor dislike, its more of an indifference to others kids) .....mostly im just not overly interested in other ppl's kids and i just assume they are not interested in mine which i thought was pretty standard? My mum said the same ie she never particuarly liked kids but knew she wanted her own...occasionally i know or knew a child that i instantly take a liking to..its usually for VERY shallow reasons ie they are very very very cute and cuddly and sometimes i take an instant dislike to a child..eg .i have never been 'fond' of my friends child and i feel terrible about it, i pretend to like him as its actually not really his behaviour or personality but i just i cant warm to the child AT ALL...

I think liking children and wanting your own are in no way correlated...i know ppl who love kids and they play with and mind them etc but are adamant they dont want kids and they never ended up having them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never wanted kids, then unexpectedly fell pregnant with DD. I was honestly terrified of how I would feel when she was born, I remember going home crying to DH one day saying "what if I don't love her?!"

When she was born it all changed. I've never loved someone so much didn't change the way I felt about other people's kids though. It did make me want another child though, because I know Ill love this baby as much as DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love babies. Pretty much without exception. I enjoy most kids.

I have recently discovered, though, that I have the ability to truly dislike kids. Just *some* kids.

It's so sad, I have a friend, and I really really like her, but when all her kids are together with mine, I feel like running away. I feel like putting my head in the oven. It's just a matter of her kids all being at certain ages that don't meld well with each other and certainly don't mix with my own. I'm positive they are awesome little people, but I just can't handle them all together (mine included). Sadly, our play dates now usually fall when only our smallest are home with us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On a tangent...
    I find people go dislike kids annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't really like other people's kids at all. I knew I would be a great mum and wanted to have kids, it's different when they are your own.

I adore DD but tbh don't like any of my fiends or families kids gee that makes me sounds awful!! I'm always nice to them just don't...like them

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I loved kids. Until I had my own. Now I dint know what I ever saw in any of them. Little monsters, the lot of them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast