My DS luckily wasn't the type that put things in his mouth but we found my niece at the park eating a cigarette butt she found in the grass!
Not my kid but yeah, Poo. Another child's poo. I have also seen many kids lick fences. Wooden fences especially had me puzzled.
The bottlecap I found as a result of dh's bucket of bottle caps left me very unimpressed.
But we had our first trip to emergency on Saturday night because she swallowed this hair clip and it was stuck in her throat. But of course when we got to emergency she had bought it back up on her own. We still got them to check her throat wasn't damaged and she hadn't aspirated while she was trying to vomit but all clear luckily. Spent almost 2 hours waiting in emergency though.
ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1367397465.441711.jpg
Chewed chewing gum
A cigarette butt
DD swallowed a plum stone when she was about 18 months. I called health direct, but they told me she would just pass it - which she did not even 24 hours later.
OK, here's one that I wasn't sure I wanted to share, but........
When my little brother was a toddler (20-something years ago) the family were having a BBQ lunch at a local park. He approached mum and dad with something he had found in the grounds... a black balloon as I recall (I was 6). He said, "Mum, can you help me blow up this balloon..." and held out his open palm with a ....... condom.
Mum and dad totaly freaked and I remember the hysteria....
Last edited by ~Marigold~; 01-05-2013 at 18:47.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!