+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    We are going to go to Hawaii next year our bub due October will be about 7-8 months old when we want to go. I think it is do able as long as you prepare. DH and I want to go just before I go back to work. You can buy portable cots which are travel ones I've been thinking I will get one of those if the hotel dosnt have anything like that. DH and I went to Hawaii on our honeymoon and loved it there's a lot more to do than Fiji I went last year I loved it but didn't find as much to do as Hawaii. Never traveled with a bub as this is our first but I'm sure it be ok lots of people do it.
    The hotel will have a cot for you,much easier than taking your own. I would also look into hiring a pram so you don't have to risk damaging your own pram when it is loaded on the plane

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    We flew direct from Sydney. It's not as expensive as I expected. I think it cost $3k total for flights and accommodation. If you're saying in an apartment you can save on eating out for every meal - you can do Coles home shop online before you go so it arrives the day after you arrive, which will be cheaper than the grocery store on the island. The restaurants are a little pricey but considering kids eat free pretty much everywhere it wasn't too bad.
    Sorry forgot to say we went for 5 nights. They provided a cot at no extra charge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe thinking of port Douglas or airlie beach. Any recommendations for accommodation in these places?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to march2013 For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fiji yes its cyclone season but November is the very beginning, and generally they don't even get one cyclone per season,its usually every couple of years. I've been numerous times over the past 10 years and lived there for 6 months and only had one cyclone hit.

Most resorts are super child friendly, baby sitters are cheap, and they will supply things like a cot for you. I'd contact a couple of the car hire companies to enquire about the car seat. Coastal rental is a Fijian owned company, as well as the usual europcar, hertz, etc.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps if you are going to consider Fiji check out myfiji.com for package deals. One of my fave resorts is on there atm 7 nights accom, flights, airport transfers, meals and drinks package, $500 resort credit, free upgrade to oceanview bure for $1500 per person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    Ps if you are going to consider Fiji check out myfiji.com for package deals. One of my fave resorts is on there atm 7 nights accom, flights, airport transfers, meals and drinks package, $500 resort credit, free upgrade to oceanview bure for $1500 per person.

Wow! What hotel is that?
    ETA - hit send too fast! Also do they cater well for a (just) 2yr old?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty sure their kids club is 4+ but you will find they will be more than happy to take him/her on. Babysitters are also only around $2 an hour if you want to have dinner, stay up watching the shows, etc child free. Its at hideaway spa and resort on the coral coast. I've stayed many times and love it so much. They have lots of free activities, shows every night, its a great resort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome, I've stayed there before but it was about 15yrs ago now, so great to know its still good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha wow would be interesting to see how much its changed since then! The wades don't own it anymore, the new owners have done a lot of refurbishment its very fresh and new looking compared to when I first stayed. Same friendly faces though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We stayed at the Whitsunday Apartments on Hamilton Island last November, much cheaper than the 2 main resorts and they are also self contained which means you can order from Coles online and have groceries delivered. The resort is opposite the beach and has the shuttle bus stop at the door so you don't have to hire a buggy - I would not stress about car seats on Hamilton Island as the only modes of transport are golf buggies or the shuttle bus which never exceeds 30k's per hour. The island itself is small and easy to walk from the main hotels down to the marina. Each hotel/resort has its own pool plus the island has 2 other pools that anyone can use - there is a kids pool (which is massive with sun lounges etc...) and the main island pool with swim up bar and a few adjacent restaurants. There is not a great deal to do on the island, really no shopping there are a few boutiques which are insanely expensive. The we paid around $2000 for 8 nights accom and return airfares from Melbourne. Once on the island it can be a little pricey especially if you stay at the main resorts and have to dine in the restaurants. But in saying that the weather was lovely and it was very peaceful and relaxing