+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I should add that I actually took my own panadol and nurofen to hospital... They don't like it when you do and try to take it away. But I'm an adult and I can manage my own drugs...and after the first days of waiting for the nurses to bring me medication, sometimes waiting for half hour I got sick of it, as it's important to take stuff before you get in pain. So I just kept my own and told them when I had taken some.
    (on th Endone front, I only took a couple of doses because codeine based meds can give you constipation!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I should add that I actually took my own panadol and nurofen to hospital... They don't like it when you do and try to take it away. But I'm an adult and I can manage my own drugs...and after the first days of waiting for the nurses to bring me medication, sometimes waiting for half hour I got sick of it, as it's important to take stuff before you get in pain. So I just kept my own and told them when I had taken some.
    (on th Endone front, I only took a couple of doses because codeine based meds can give you constipation!)

It's also not a bad idea because when they give you stuff they charge you an arm and a leg (if private) I think I got a bill for like $60 for my panadol/nurofen to take away.... the hell?!?! It costs me $10 from the chemist to buy that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    It's also not a bad idea because when they give you stuff they charge you an arm and a leg (if private) I think I got a bill for like $60 for my panadol/nurofen to take away.... the hell?!?! It costs me $10 from the chemist to buy that.
    Absolutely agree! Another reason I did it! I had DH go and get me more when I ran out too. But you have to be firm and stick to your guns about keeping it yourself. They get kinda narky about it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just don't tell them.
    The hospital refused me panadol on day 3 and I had to walk myself to the chemist in agony, and had an infection in my wound.
    Definitely take your own!

ETA I was so scared about doing my first poo that I made myself constipated and didn't go until day 8, total agony!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Yes I did as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh thanks guys! Will put panadole on my list! With DD I was on endone so I know I can safely have that at least. I have no problems with being doped up this time. I was too much of a "hero" last time which didn't help my recovery.

I can't take the coloxyl stool softeners because they have milk in them (I can't have any allergens because of how sever DDs allergies were and DDs pead and allergist said if I want to BF avoid them all, I'm vegan anyway so doesn't matter this time..)
    I may go see the chemist about something else I can use and take it with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    Can you have oxycodone? I couldn't take the first thing they kept offering (can't remember the name) but that worked well.
    I don't know! I don't recall having it before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thongs for the shower and a light robe to just wrap around you becaus esometimes that's easier then bending down to try and put pants on without help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    (P.S what is all this painful poo business?? I cant remember anything about difficulty pooing or any painfulness at all, either with peeing )
    Your guts get moved around a fair bit when you have a caesar and the decreased mobility afterwards means all the bowel movement slows down. So constipation becomes an issue, especially if you have codeine based pain relief as this makes it worse. They should give you a really good laxative if you get stuck. Just ask!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on endone after my 3 c/s but make sure you keep the painkillers up and not let the nurses forgot about you which happens a lot.
    I started taking Metamucil (not sure if you can take this) few weeks prior to your c/s it helps with your first bowel movement after.