+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I bought maternity yoga pants, so comfortable (in fact the are so comfortable i still wear them and bub is 8 months old) and didn't hurt to have on at all. The midwifes actually said they were going to start suggesting them to people

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Take plain yogurt and have one a day if you have a fridge in your room - you need to get some good bacteria into your stomach to help it recover as well , plus start taking a pro biotic a month before if you are not already and eat fresh high fibre meals the day before ( try avoid fast food or red meat or anything hard to digest the night before)

Also I was bored spending 5 days in hospital! Tame some books/mags/iPad etc , my DS slept a lot !

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I liked the yoga type pants too with the roll top. I also found that leggings were good. One size up, I wore them over my wound and because they sit a bit firmer it helped me feel a bit more comfortable and also didn't roll down or irritate the incision area. I lived in leggings, breast feeding singlets and long cardigans for the first week or so!
    If the physio offers you a tubi grip to wear around your mid section after the c section take it! My physio doubled it over and it was far too tight and uncomfortable...once I cut it myself and wore it in a single layer it was an absolute miracle how much better it made me feel. I wore the tubi grip for several weeks after.
    Oh, I treated myself to a pair of Peter Alexander maternity pjs.... They have the roll top, expensive but worth every cent! They made me feel more human and it was a nice treat to wear something nice post c section. I still wear them now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh wow thanks guys.

I might get some Metamucil and buy some maternity yoga pants and leggings. I don't really car about anyone seeing my boobs while I'm feeding in hospital, but will buy some singlets for at home and out and about.

I'm vegan so can't do yoghurt but do have inner health plus dairy free so ill make sure I pack them too, thanks!

The maternity ward has lots of fresh fruit an juices so I don't need to worry too much about that but will pack some healthy snacks to take too.

As for painkillers I can't have morphine, pethadine or even anti inflamitories, will there be something else I can take? I'm worried ill have to try and cope on paradise alone
    I will be seeing taking to the surgical team about this but my appointment isn't for another month.
    Last edited by waterlily; 05-05-2013 at 04:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found I wore hispter undies because my wound was so low they still covered it, I just used a pad to cover the would and then wore high leggings/yoga pants for the stretch. I also felt it "held" me in if that makes sense?!

Definitely something with a lot of fibre, a lot of hospitals won't let you go home until you've done a poo, and it's fricken painful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might take some prune bars with me too then!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing as I have my c-section in 2 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can you have oxycodone? I couldn't take the first thing they kept offering (can't remember the name) but that worked well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was really worried about the pain too. But it was really fine. I had one dose of endone overnight and one the following afternoon (mostly due to trips in the wheelchair to NICU) then I just alternated nurofen and panadol. After a few days just panadol every 6 hours or so.
    Oh and maybe I'm a rare one but going to the loo for number two (tmi!!) wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be!!! If you are worried you can also get this stuff called coloxyl senna. Works a treat as its a softener not laxative.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never wore granny panties. My hipsters did just fine and i had a pad over the wound. I lived in tights in hospital and for a few months after DS was born. Tights and an oversized tshirt thats easy to lift up for BF... Sooo comfy!! Also yes, flannies are awesome too. My mum also dropped her lush soft dressing gown off which I used more than I thought as the hospital can get quite cold and the hospital has those stiff sheets and blankets so it was lovely to snuggle with my newbie while wrapped up in it.

Makeup! Might be vain but it made me feel human.

Hmm thats about it really. I didnt get to pack my bag, my mum did after DS was already born and there wasnt really anything that i needed other than the essentials that I use everyday anyway.

(P.S what is all this painful poo business?? I cant remember anything about difficulty pooing or any painfulness at all, either with peeing )