This is all brand new... | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post
    Stuffnthings - I sent you a pm as we will be using the same clinic. Out first appointment is this week and I would love to know what you can share. We both want to use same donor so hoping that I can go through the process at the same time even though she will be carrying first. I'm not sure if my pm worked cos there is nothing in my sent box let me know if you got it? Hi to everyone else too!!

Hi rainbowbabe! I replied to your inbox message

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr Molloy is also very open minded..and he is extremely senior...be warned though..his is quite abrupt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    So we had an initial consult last week with Dr Jacobson at QFG to discuss how it all works and also had a scan to check all my bits are working ok -which they are- so a few more blood tests and then we are booked in for August to have our 3 appointments (nurse, psychologist, donor coordinator). We aren't trying till later in the year so we have spaced it out so we can prepare mentally and financially.
    Just wondering how everyone else is going? Anyone in their TWW? Anyone starting IUDI soon? Any BFP?
    Ok well hope all is well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We had a CD2 appt with dr Jacobson on Friday (he had to come in especially for us as af showed early for DP). He did a scan (poor DP) and ordered more bloods. Scan and trigger shot is set for 8 days and insem 2 days after that. The only cr@p thing is that he's on leave that week so another doctor will be doing it, but that's okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockKnockPenny View Post
    We had a CD2 appt with dr Jacobson on Friday (he had to come in especially for us as af showed early for DP). He did a scan (poor DP) and ordered more bloods. Scan and trigger shot is set for 8 days and insem 2 days after that. The only cr@p thing is that he's on leave that week so another doctor will be doing it, but that's okay.
    That's exciting that it'll all start happening soon enough. Shame it won't be your Dr doing the procedure though.

I have to admit when he told me I had to have a scan during my period I was kinda grossed out and apprehensive because I'm sooo sore and sensitive down there at time. Never mind though. What has to be done has to be done!!!

Keep us updated with how it all goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twomummas View Post
    That's exciting that it'll all start happening soon enough. Shame it won't be your Dr doing the procedure though.

I have to admit when he told me I had to have a scan during my period I was kinda grossed out and apprehensive because I'm sooo sore and sensitive down there at time. Never mind though. What has to be done has to be done!!!

Keep us updated with how it all goes
    DP took painkillers before the scan so that was good. And she said he was gentle.

We will definitely keep everyone updated with it all :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohooooo you are on the way!
    u must be doing insemination as I am not familiar with the terms u are using.
    sp exciting...good luck!
    I am now 22w..fat as a house. Tough start, but getting there now.
    i hope you have as much success as us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So just thought I would update. We are day 5 of the TWW. It sucks so bad!

DP said insem wasn't so bad at the time but had a little cramping after. Our doctor was on annual leave but came back early and ended up coming in just for us and got to do the insem, which was awesome!

There was a stuff up with our billing, he originally had us under the 'infertility' rate but then said as we only have 'social infertility' it gets billed differently.
    Originally we had to pay for a few appointments and ultrasounds ($120 appt and $90 u/s) and then the IUI fee of $1280 and get about $475 back from Medicare. Now we just pay for each appt and ultrasound and then an 'insemination levy'. We thought it would be huge but we got all the receipts today (we had already paid the $1280 so they had to redo it and send out receipts to us) and the insem levy is only $180. We are $580 in credit with them yay!!!
    Due to DPs cycle being a little weird and requiring 2 extra appts and scans this cycle, we will probably be out of pocket around $800-900 not including sperm and clomid. Next time we will hopefully be out of pocket $500 or so (again not including sperm or medications)

Hoping the rest of the TWW goes quickly and that anyone else trying gets their BFPs soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck and fingers crossed for a BFP keep us updated! Can't wait for DF and I to start trying!!!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!