+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks ladies our next appt is on Monday so I'll chat to him about changing.

On top of reflux, I'm thinking he also has allergy or CMPI (DS1 had it too). Yesterday I recorded his chucks - 57, which is a lot when he's still sleeping a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    57?? Poor little guy. Sometimes reflux is misdiagnosed and its actually cmpi. I hope you get some answers and the dr can help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I dont have any other advice that hasn't already been said but I was told not to mix losec with milk or EBM... the paed we see said it can reduce the effectiveness of it? Not sure how accurate that is, just what I was told

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks peanutmonkey. My dr said it was fine.....but DS won't take it anyway!

Apart from his discomfort which breaks my heart, I'm so over walking around with chuck all over me! I'm changing him several times a day too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Thanks peanutmonkey. My dr said it was fine.....but DS won't take it anyway!

Apart from his discomfort which breaks my heart, I'm so over walking around with chuck all over me! I'm changing him several times a day too.
    I feel your pain, my DS1 would go through 8+ outfits a day and I became an expert at catching spew in my hands lol.

Can you try giving him a bit of a thickener before a feed? We used the karicare one for DS2, wish I knew about it when DS1 was a baby!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pesca, you've been given some great advice so I just wanted to offer some hugs instead (as my advice has already been said).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I feel your pain, my DS1 would go through 8+ outfits a day and I became an expert at catching spew in my hands lol.

Can you try giving him a bit of a thickener before a feed? We used the karicare one for DS2, wish I knew about it when DS1 was a baby!

I used this with DS1 too, thanks. But DS2 won't let anything in his mouth apart from his hands and my boobs! I've tried different bottle teats & syringe.

It's funny, I never realised how lucky I was with DS1 at the time. He took a dummy and any type of bottle I gave him of EBM. Then when we had to stop b/f and go on prescription formula that smells and tastes vile, he still didn't bat an eyelid! I now know how lucky we were.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did it go last night? Did he take any?
    What type of bottles have you tried? I went through nearly every bottle on the market getting Chloe to take one easily...and the only ones that worked were the old fashioned slim line bottles with peristaltic teats. Also I gave her bottles to start with sitting in the bouncer or lying on the bed...not in a position where it felt like breast feeding.
    I wish I could help you! Because I've been there and I was literally going out of my mind!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got about 1ml in this morning - so better than nothing! But it was awful, I literally had to close his mouth and wait for him to choke then swallow. I felt as low as a cockroach

Tamtam I have 6 different bottles and teats here, aarrgghh! But your tip of not mimicking the b/f position is great, I'll try that today thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Sorry cant remember if its been mentioned but blowing in their mouth can help too, as well as massaging the throat to help make them swallow?

It sux... reflux and meds in general are awful.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (01-05-2013)