+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I swear too much.. evidenced by the fact my 27 month old has come out with "f***ing idiot" when I have to break suddenly in the car I refused to 'cover up' with a cloth/go elsewhere to feed my baby, clearly I was trying to pick up. I'm a single mother. My son started FDC just after two years of age so I could get more units out of the way, but I still consider myself a SAHM. I bribe my son with rides and milkshakes so he behaves at the shops. We have reverted back to co-sleeping, he prefers it and to be honest I can't be bothered getting up to him multiple times during the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Deep breath

I love housework, ironing and cooking, if the house is messy I feel unorganised and close to falling apart..

Have the dirtiest car imaginable though ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't like kids...... I adore the hell out of my own, but kids in general.... I really couldn't care less.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

MummaOJ  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Yes but the title of the thread is - what would you be judged for on bh. Not what are you judged for irl
    Since we're playing semantics, the title is 'what do you * feel* you would be judged for on bh' , like I said originally I've read countless comments here that suggest anything other than birth with an ob or under the hospital system is a bit fruity and or irresponsible ( you don't genuinely believe that home birth is a widely respected choice on bubhub?)

but that completely aside if you have faced judgment in real life re your choices, why would you not expect to be judged on bubhub where seemingly innocent subjects like coffee tables and striders are subjects of contention?

It seems like there is a subtle insinuation that only a certain type of parenting gets judged, and it's just not fair or true. We all cop it, it just comes from different directions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    Lucky you.

For my inlaws ( and a fair percentage of comments on here) my choice to not use an ob or the public system is akin to me squatting out my baby unassisted under a tree somewhere. In fact, my few appointments I've had with our local public hospital suggest that they might think something similar. I didn't think it would be as big of an issue as it is, people hire private obs all the time, but apparently a private midwife is a bit of an 'issue' and seen as a little fruity. Incredibly frustrating to try and navigate as a pregnant mumma!

And one would have to be living in a bubble not to be aware of how women can be judged for extended breastfeeding or feeding in public.

I think the point is we are all open to critique and judgement regardless of our choices. That mum you think is judging you because she chooses differently, is being judged by someone else and on it goes..
    Ah yes extended BFing I have seen judgement on but not non-extended.

Do you mean you hired a private midwife to have a home birth? Because that definitely receives judgement I agree!

I hired a private midwife myself, although I used a public hospital. It was basically shared care with her instead of a GP. My hospital didn't blink an eye but perhaps they see it more often.

I have still never seen it judged negatively on BH though but perhaps I missed the threads. Which is a shame as I would have had something to say since I hired one myself lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Ah yes extended BFing I have seen judgement on but not non-extended.

Do you mean you hired a private midwife to have a home birth? Because that definitely receives judgement I agree!

I hired a private midwife myself, although I used a public hospital. It was basically shared care with her instead of a GP. My hospital didn't blink an relief but perhaps they see it more often.

I have still never seen it judged negatively on BH though but perhaps I missed the threads. Which is a shame as I would have had something to say since I hired one myself lol!
    Yep, I hired a Medicare sub'd private middy, who does home or hospital birth. Up until a few years ago she actually was employed at the hospital I would have birthed at so I figured she was legit! Lol but when I had to have an emergency appt at our local public hospital with said middy present it was a battle from the get go

They assumed I was home birthing and wrote it in inverted commas on my file on a sticky note, despite the fact that my midwife doesn't book them officially until 36 weeks to determine risk level anyway and created all kind of hassles with communication. It was just awkward and horrible in what was already a stressful situation.

Now that I am actually considering the non hospy affiliated birth centre, which is essentially a home birth, I'm finding it even harder to avoid the implication that I don't have bubs best interest in mind. So yep, I feel pretty judged and it's not fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    Since we're playing semantics, the title is 'what do you * feel* you would be judged for on bh' , like I said originally I've read countless comments here that suggest anything other than birth with an ob or under the hospital system is a bit fruity and or irresponsible ( you don't genuinely believe that home birth is a widely respected choice on bubhub?)

but that completely aside if you have faced judgment in real life re your choices, why would you not expect to be judged on bubhub where seemingly innocent subjects like coffee tables and striders are subjects of contention?

It seems like there is a subtle insinuation that only a certain type of parenting gets judged, and it's just not fair or true. We all cop it, it just comes from different directions.
    Ok then, I think we have just interpreted the thread differently, it's no biggie

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What would I get judged for on BH?

- Being direct, honest and not being lovey-dovey enough/sucking up to other posters enough and joining all the FB love-ins.

- having an opinion that differs to the majority.

Strangely, when it comes to parenting I don't think I'd be judged half as harshly as for the reasons as above.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (01-05-2013),MummaOJ  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh yeah I sometimes lie about Ds's reader too (say it's done when it's not). Just not worth the battle and I don't want him to get in trouble for it when he's generally pretty good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Should I feel guilty about how many things/times I have listed? Hahaha

1) I have let my children fried food from a service station hot box
    2) last night I gave my 8 month old a little taste of jelly
    3) I am one of those mothers you see at a playground on their iPhone