+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is it just me or are people just listing their parenting styles now?

I have never seen anyone receive negative remarks about BFing or hiring a private midwife, and come on, the non-vaccinators are the only ones who get judged (well, one member prob judges those who vax but that's it).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post

I have never seen anyone receive negative remarks about BFing or hiring a private midwife, and come on, the non-vaccinators are the only ones who get judged (well, one member prob judges those who vax but that's it).

Agreed, I've never seen any negative judgments about co-sleeping,vbacs or baby led weaning on bubhub, yet people are listing them in this thread. People saying its not right for them or they didn't do it doesn't constitute judging.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post

Lucky you.

For my inlaws ( and a fair percentage of comments on here) my choice to not use an ob or the public system is akin to me squatting out my baby unassisted under a tree somewhere. In fact, my few appointments I've had with our local public hospital suggest that they might think something similar. I didn't think it would be as big of an issue as it is, people hire private obs all the time, but apparently a private midwife is a bit of an 'issue' and seen as a little fruity. Incredibly frustrating to try and navigate as a pregnant mumma!

And one would have to be living in a bubble not to be aware of how women can be judged for extended breastfeeding or feeding in public.

I think the point is we are all open to critique and judgement regardless of our choices. That mum you think is judging you because she chooses differently, is being judged by someone else and on it goes..
    Last edited by Mathermy; 01-05-2013 at 11:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    I dislike other people's children - I don't find them cute or funny, I find them annoying and obnoxious - even my nephews and nieces
    Haha! I forgot about that one i should add it to my list...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where do I start?

I don't give DS chocolate or lollies, but let him have cake
    I refuse to give him juice, no matter how much my mum nags me. I almost refuse out of spite now.
    I cuddle my DS when he cries, mostly. I have been known to sit on the couch with a cup of tea wishing he wasn't whinging in his cot.
    I work pt, study part time and send him to day care. I combine fed when I went back to work (before 12 months!). I hover parent at the park/other public places.
    I am addicted to my iPhone/iPad
    We all watch too much tv.
    I still let him go to sleep with a bottle.
    I give him snacks in the car/pram/trolley so that he will be quiet.

I really love this thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes. I hate house work. Seriously. I avoid it by going out all day then DH can help me after dinner

I'm confused on the letting my DS eat curry/sushi one?i had no idea they were judge-worthy. Those are my DS' fave foods! (And mine)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Oh yes. I hate house work. Seriously. I avoid it by going out all day then DH can help me after dinner

I'm confused on the letting my DS eat curry/sushi one?i had no idea they were judge-worthy. Those are my DS' fave foods! (And mine)

I didn't know that about curry?! DD loves curry and spicey mexican food, she eats jalapenos and stuff like that and loves it. She also eats sushi from time to time, mainly because it's so easy haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    Lucky you.

For my inlaws ( and a fair percentage of comments on here) my choice to not use an ob or the public system is akin to me squatting out my baby unassisted under a tree somewhere. In fact, my few appointments I've had with our local public hospital suggest that they might think something similar. I didn't think it would be as big of an issue as it is, people hire private obs all the time, but apparently a private midwife is a bit of an 'issue' and seen as a little fruity. Incredibly frustrating to try and navigate as a pregnant mumma!

And one would have to be living in a bubble not to be aware of how women can be judged for extended breastfeeding or feeding in public.

I think the point is we are all open to critique and judgement regardless of our choices. That mum you think is judging you because she chooses differently, is being judged by someone else and on it goes..
    Yes but the title of the thread is - what would you be judged for on bh. Not what are you judged for irl

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find babies really.... REALLY boring. I like the cuddles cause they're warm and smell good when they're clean and no poopie nappy but otherwise, I find them boring. I like them when they do start back chatting me. I find child logic to be thoroughly impressive most of the time. And I enjoy teaching them and watching them find topics they love and study it and ask questions. Endless questions.

And most babies are ugly. I've met one cute baby and to be honest, the rest look like sweet potatoes.

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Oh, I'd love to do an audit on those that haven't contributed here and are now secretly judging everything we have all admitted!!
    I havent contributed, but thats because everything i'd be judged for is always listed over and over ... no judging here

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (01-05-2013),Pesca77  (01-05-2013)