+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I found being a SAHM while on mat leave incredibly boring as much as I adore DS.

Now I work part-time because I want to, not because I have to financially. I love it! Don't feel guilty about it although I do love going to get DS from daycare at the end of the day.

I also think that having enough money to be able to provide yours kids with things like good education and travel opportunities, etc actually IS more important than having his mum around 24/7.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (01-05-2013),jfblady72  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I FF DD from 5 days old, I plan to FF from birth this time
    I was induced at 38 weeks with DD and will be again this time purely for convenience
    I went back to work after 4 months, DD has been in full time daycare since then and she's now 3
    We let DD stay up late in weekends just so we can get a sleep in the next morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cosleep and breastfeed(yes in publuc too). My boys HAVE peed in public. I am a stay at home mum. I have multiple piercings and tattoos. I have children to two fathers. I have smacked, yelled and used timeout, sometimes all at once. I drank castor oil in my third pregnancy(and it worked!) We watch too much tv. I listen to LOUD metal music. My DP attends bucks night with strippers, he is having strippers at his bucks night. Toast is a sufficient meal. I use mcdonalds wifi while my kids play. Im partial to the odd horse carrot

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by davinfected; 01-05-2013 at 07:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH and I also regularly share a bottle of red which means we would both be over the limit and not able to drive DS somewhere if we needed to. We figure the chances of this happening are so slim that it doesn't warrant us never being able to share a bottle of wine, and we would call an ambulance in a medical emergency anyway.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (01-05-2013),Guest654  (01-05-2013),Stiflers Mom  (01-05-2013),~BEXTER~  (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do a lot of 'free rangey' type things with my kids that I'm sure I'd get judged for (ie. 6 year old goes to the corner shop by herself to buy milk, and goes to the park alone with her older responsible cousins, I don't watch them at the park - I am usually reading a book etc, sleepovers etc.)

I also swear in front of them on occasion, let them watch too much TV when I can't be bothered dealing with them, I don't get up until 7am so let them amuse themselves until then (they have been known to raid the chocolate stash, but frankly if it means an hour more sleep then I don't care!), we have been known to have maccas AT LEAST once a week, oh god I could go on and on and on.....

There are a few things from when they were babies (ie. elective c-sections, back at work for sanity not financial reasons, having a drink or two while breastfeeding, daycare etc) but the older my kids get the less these things matter. I rarely talk about them these days, and people don't ask, so it really doesn't matter

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am completely child led.

We have never and will never let our kids cio. Even if it means we cuddle, rock to sleep or get up numerous times.

I am not trying to wean my two year old. He will when HE is ready.

I happily tandem feed a two year old and three month old on demand.

I co slept with DS and now I bed share with DD.

I rarely use a cover when breastfeeding in public (that confidence took time though!!)

I do not give my son lollies, chocolate, sugary drinks, etc but have caved with maccas due to laziness!

I get judged for most of these things by my own family....I actually find bubhub less judgemental!

Oh and DS watches way to much tv

P.S. I have a coffee table AND a strider plus....I can't believe I had no idea we were bogan!!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MilkiCuddles For This Useful Post:

Bonezart  (01-05-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    DH and I also regularly share a bottle of red which means we would both be over the limit and not able to drive DS somewhere if we needed to. We figure the chances of this happening are so slim that it doesn't warrant us never being able to share a bottle of wine, and we would call an ambulance in a medical emergency anyway.
    Oh god, there are nights (too many to count), where DH and I have a bottle EACH!! I'm like you, the kids are in bed, we would still be able to function, and ambulances are not only free in QLD, but are there for medical emergencies.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not a Listeria hysteria person
    Drank a couple of glasses of wine during pregnancy
    PHI and OB. I do not do public hospy
    Baptised my children into the catholic faith and expect them to follow it
    Pierce girls ears
    Circumsize any future boys
    Use cloth nappies
    Extended bf
    Bf in public
    Express at work
    Work part time .
    Use daycare centres
    Send girls into daycare with a runny nose.
    We eat meat.... Sausages are meat too.
    I feed my children curry and sushi.
    Co sleeping, bedsharing, musical bed family
    I make my Dh his lunch every day.
    I keep a clean house
    I think housework is part of SAHP deal
    I don't like dirty people.
    I drink wine and still bf
    I let my kids watch the news
    I take my kids out at night to restaurants, parties, weddings etc
    I forward face car seats at 6mths
    I give my kids cows milk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

kw123  (01-05-2013)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    My kids have take-away food once a week.
    We have programmed our Austar remote to have all the kids channels on the favourites, so they can not only find their own channels easily, they can operate the whole system without help. It's been like this since they were 2. I don't limit the amount of tv they watch.
    Their kinder teacher commended me on their problem solving skills, and said she hadn't seen anything like it. Instead of feeling proud, I walked away feeling guilty with the knowledge it was because they finished the whole Super Mario Bros Wii game when they were 3. (Yes, including beating big Bowser at the end. I don't know how they did it either, other than teamwork!)
    When DP is on nightshift and I have worked I often can't be bothered cooking tea. Cold spaghetti out of a can? Why yes!
    They are bribed with lollies and chocolate.
    I get bored supervising them outside when they play.. so I don't.
    Have never got them out of the car to pay for petrol (Although that to me makes perfect sense... could never have carried 2 NB's inside)
    Right now their father has just gotten home from work and is picking on them because they desperately need a haircut.. he is educating them on mullets and bogans..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Twoalready  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im having a sickie today and im sending my kids to daycare...i just want a day to bludge...i will do some chores but im going to watch tv too

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (01-05-2013),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (01-05-2013),RipperRita  (01-05-2013)