+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleB View Post
    Oh I'm a step-mum...

Obviously I'm going to steal your husband away AND your kid! And then the kid will become like Cinderella.

Even though my DH was separated long before I met him (just not officially divorced)
    Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh, a couple more...

We plan on a smack on the bum if DD does something really naughty. One smack, not a spanking.

We will use one of those cute backpack leash thingys. Some may say it's degrading, I say I've had experience with toddlers and know how fast they can pick up on that split second you lose focus and they bolt. I'd rather have my child on a leash rather than hit by a car or snatched up by an opportunistic evil b*stard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraH80 View Post
    Oh, I gotta ask - what's with the coffee table references??
    Short version is.. A while ago there was a thread about what makes a Bogan a Bogan (a similar one is around at the moment). Coffee tables along with strider prams and many other things were on the rather extensive list of Bogan items to own.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok...here goes...
    DS 21mo has a sippy of cows milk at snoozetime after his teeth are cleaned and often wakes overnight to sup it. Sometimes I forget to clean his teeth...oh my, I must be a monster... He still has a dummy at night (was a prem and let him have it as he didn't have us 24/7 in hospital...here I am justifying it like I'm scared of judgement already! ).

He used to sleep in till 11am, and when he'd nap in the days, he'd be up till 1am. Mercifully he's dropped the day nap and now sleeps from 9pm till 10am...with us in our bed. He is a self-settler, though.

The tv is on way too much, like a coupla hours a day. My partner uses it to distract during nappy changes and forgets to turn it off.

We eat way too much takeaway, like every second day (hot chips a dozen times a month), but I compromise by cooking vegies every night, too. (We live with in-laws, so food choice is often not our choice). DS eats way too many of those squishy baby food packs, the organic ones, and the only guilt I feel is that they are unrecyclable.

He has worn an amber necklace since 4mo (it may not do much, who knows, but it looks great).

I gave up bf'ing as bub had reflux, and pumped for 17m. Maybe I didn't persevere enough...

I had the odd wine and smoke when pg, and still do.

I let DP wash all the nappies, ostensibly due to my nerve condition...

Had an epidural after 6hrs of labour, gas, peth, the works...but I was tied to a bed and monitored and not allowed to get up and walk around. I was on morphine for severe pain throughout my pg, and thankfully bub had no symptoms or problems when born. I've never admitted that on BH before (aaah, the relief! ).

I can't stand spanking and all my discipline is modelling good behaviour and gentle redirection.

I earn a good crust as a circus freak, and swallowed swords up till 32wks pg for fear of losing the ability (gonna be hated in here for that one). Naturally, only in private and only because I know what I'm doing and it was the least of my activities that could have hurt my unborn. Did hardcore yoga till 26wks pg, too.

I know there's more, but that's enough catharsis for now.

This thread is like a 12 step detox. What WOULD we own up to if this was truly anonymous?

Thank you all for sharing!
    Last edited by BaronessM; 01-05-2013 at 19:55. Reason: trying to spell on a phone keyboard is rather hit and miss...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (30-04-2013),Lauzy83  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I screamed hysterically 'get this *ucking thing out of me' as I was crowning DD, but then wouldn't open my legs!

I FF from birth

I co slept with DD till she was 7 months old

I'm secretly thrilled when DD stops what she is doing and goes into the zone when the wiggles come on

I leave her in the car to buy fuel

DD has 93 size 1 dresses ( after a clear out)

Last week end I was in the parent room trying to change DD's nappy and she was screaming, bucking and having a complete meltdown when I lady came in and said is everything all right in here and I yelled ' no it bloody isn't!!!'

Judge away

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Are you serious? You did sword swallowing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my... Where do I start?
    C section and OB
    Disposable nappies from birth
    I formula fed after 6 weeks
    In his own room at 3 months
    Solids at 5 months
    Went back to work full time at 6 months. He is in daycare 4 days a week and has been since that time.
    Dummy, until he decided he didn't want it anymore at about 8 months.
    I smoke (outside)
    He eats everything.
    He has started spitting
    He hates water. He has watered down Ribena sometimes. Banana flavoured milk about once a fortnight.
    He eats chocolate, one small piece every couple of days.
    I've become complacent with cooking and he throws it all on the floor anyway. Sometimes he gets cheese sandwiches for dinner.
    I laugh when he farts and now he giggles too.
    He says "doodle".
    I can't keep a straight face when he's done something wrong!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunny Lover For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, I also leave in car for petrol and have PHI.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Short version is.. A while ago there was a thread about what makes a Bogan a Bogan (a similar one is around at the moment). Coffee tables along with strider prams and many other things were on the rather extensive list of Bogan items to own.

Yes - there have been many threads confirming that owning a coffee table is Bogan.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love smoking. Love it. I only smoke socially, but God I love it.

I often don't 'supervise' my child. I will let him roam the streets once he's 7 or 8.

Oh, and i work because I love it, not because i need to. And i don't think about let alone miss my child while I'm there.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (30-04-2013),BaronessM  (30-04-2013),Lauzy83  (01-05-2013),Turk EnJayDee  (30-04-2013)