+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Great news Full Time Mum. I've made it to 30 weeks, with no issues for over 5 weeks.

Really on the countdown now. Dr won't let me go over 38 weeks, so it is getting close.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting! Did he say why he won't let you go past 38weeks? What's the volume size of your hematoma?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Not sure the current volume, thankfully haven't had a need for a proper scan for a while. It was around 5cm by 5cm at one stage. Given the bleeding has stopped I am hoping that it has shrunk.

He is concerned that all the bleeding has damaged the placenta in some way. At this stage it is all going ok, but he thinks when the bub gets big in those last few weeks that the placenta might start to fail, therefore it is safer to deliver than have something go wrong.

I am still a little concerned about delivery options. He seems to think an induction and natural will be ok (except for the breech baby, which is a separate issue), but I'm worried that any pushing will set of the bleeding again. Guess I will just have to wait and see what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's interesting DJNette. What makes me more nervous than anything is the varying degree of advice people seem to be getting from their doctors... My midwife seems totally relaxed about it all...
    How much bleeding have you had? I had my first bleed at 12weeks and it only lasted a couple of days then nothing for three weeks and then it started again an lasted around four weeks now I haven't had any for 4 weeks. At its largest mine was 9cmx10cm but in my last scan they said the volume had halved to 16ml but didn't report on size....
    My midwife has told me there is always a chance of early labour but he doesn't seem concerned at all and I am actually going through the birth centre, so all natural..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I bled pretty much continuously (but with varying amounts from spotting to full gushing) from 13 weeks to 24 weeks. Any type of exertion definitely increased it (eg vacuuming, lifting, walking etc)

Pretty much everyone is surprised and amazed that I have made it this far. Hence the expectation that I will go early. Who knows, I just thank my lucky stars for every extra day, for every day out of hospital and that my little miracle is still kicking away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that must have been a scary time! Must feel so good to be at thirty weeks now!
    Wishing you all the best for the next eight weeks!!! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies , well yep I've been on complete bed rest for several weeks now and my doctor has advised I take early maternity leave , which I just started this week . At last check my clot was still the same size ( without getting out of bed to check my records ) I think it was 11x 17cm ... I have another scan this coming Tuesday . We are almost 15 weeks and I'm currently on my longest strectch so far without any bleeding 6 days in a row !!! So super excited
    I really hope when the radioligist does the scan he says " what clot " I can't see anything ..... Fingers crossed
    I'm so glad you are both doing great . ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1370735116.499779.jpg
    Please keep in touch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mspoppi I had the exact same thing at 8 weeks pregnant I was a mess so worried! Mine eventually completely cleared up.I'm now 34 weeks pregnant. I'm sure everything will work out. Good luck with your pregnancy
    Last edited by Mummy2013; 09-06-2013 at 12:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My clot had more than halved in size , very happy still no bleeding !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's great news! Well done I have my next scan 8july can't wait to see how mine is going!