+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Retained heamorrhage at 8 weeks

Hi ladies hope u can give me some advice .... I'm 8 weeks and on Sunday I started to bleed , I wasnt super heavy but more than spotting and def enough to get me worried .... My gp sent me straight for an u/s which showed baby still there with heart rate of 161bpm and measuring right on 8 weeks also cervix is still closed , all very reassuring news . However u/s report says I have a retained heamorrhage inferior to the sac ??? Does anyone know what this is ? I'm super worried .....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Mspoppi,

not sure exactly what that is....I believe I've read where there can be some kind of bleeding in the uterus? Are you able to ask your gp what means? He other results sound amazing, and I'm sure if it was a problem they would have brought it up during your appointment. Maybe another option is if you've got some kind of telephone health service ( like in Qld with 13HEALTH) where you can ring and speak to an RN. Or if you have private health insurance maybe there's a similar service through them? Sorry if that's not much help...I say if you're worried get back in touch with your doc. I hate it when thy don't explain things fully first time around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MsPoppy try not to stress. I had a similar experience at 12 weeks.
    I was also diagnosed with a hemorrhage after a bleed. My hemorrhage was classified as large and depending on the size, the more risky it can be. Most ppl with hemorrhage end up having full term healthy babies but there is a risk of miscarrying.
    Try to take it easy as much as possible and not to lift heavy.
    I am now 19weeks and all is going well so far. I have my next scan next week and can't wait to find out if the hemorrhage is still there or not...
    All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So the doc said its a " subchorionic hematoma " that it increases misscarriage risk a bit , but obviously there's nothing we can do except keep our fingers crossed ... Apparantly they usually shrink by the time you have your twenty week scan , I have a follow up scan on wed to see if has gotten bigger/smaller

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mspoppi View Post
    So the doc said its a " subchorionic hematoma " that it increases misscarriage risk a bit , but obviously there's nothing we can do except keep our fingers crossed ... Apparantly they usually shrink by the time you have your twenty week scan , I have a follow up scan on wed to see if has gotten bigger/smaller
    I had the exact same with my first. I started bleeding just after 4 weeks & had I not already taken a test I would have thought AF was late.
    I was very scared like you & had 3 u/s all before 12 weeks & by 20 week scan it had been reabsorbed in my body.

Please don't stress, I know I did but from what I researched & read it can be very common. I now have a happy healthy 14 month old

Congratulations on your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Mspoppi, it can be a very scary time. If you start bleeding get straight to your Ob or hospital.

I have a retroplacental hematoma (which is very similar to what you have). I have had bleeding on and off since 13 weeks. I have had some very large haemorrhages, including one where I lost about 1.5-2 litres of blood and needed to be rushed to hospital in an ambulance (because I passed out at home due to my low blood pressure after the large blood loss). I am 26 weeks tomorrow and have been hospitalised 4 times, 3 blood transfusions and an iron infusion. But my little fighter is still there going strong.

It has apparently increased my chance of having a prem, but having made it over the 24 week mark my ob is pretty happy. It has been terrifying for me, DH and most of the nurses/midwives. All of whom are still in shock that my bub is still there doing fine.

From what I gather I am certainly not the norm and most people only bleed a little and it usually clears up well before 20 weeks. this is you. I have had to stop doing most activities and have spent a lot of time on complete bed rest. Even lifting the washing basket or vacuuming have put me in hospital (so great excuse to avoid housework). Take it easy and don't push yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow DJNette I feel for you! All the best for the rest of your pregnancy and I hope all goes well.

Mspoppi that's exactly what I have/had. When first discovered it was already large and then two weeks later it had increased in size measuring 9cmx10cm . I was highly worried especially due to the size but with time I have realized that this little one is holding on and as long as I don't over do it there is a big chance all will be fine. I have my 20week scan in two days and I am very interested to see if it is still there and if so how big it is now.
    After my first bleed which only lasted a few days, I had three weeks of no bleeding and then it started again and lasted for weeks... It only just stopped a few days ago so I can't wait to see the scan.
    All the best for you and remember the odds are on your side! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had several big bleeds since I was on here last but baby is sticking in there like a little trooper I have my appointment at the early pregnancy clinic today so they can decide if i need to be on bed rest or not ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news I am now 24weeks and haven't had a bleed for around 4weeks all the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mspoppi what was the decision?