+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppyLoppy View Post
    I saw a toddler drinking red bull our of the can and then a few mins later saw mum sceeaming at him for running around and being naughty!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    *face palm*

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 'friend' put coke in her babies bottles or cordial because apparently they didn't like milk.. She lost her kids to docks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't understand the soft drink? Or how kids would like it? My 2 year old grabbed my glass and took a sip the other day and it had lemonade in it and she freaked out. I think because of all the bubbles and taste. There is no way she would go for it again. I just don't understand how babies/ little kids would like the taste.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've used flat lemonade when the kids have had icky tummies before. I've also been told that if your kidlets are sick and won't take hydralyte (most can't stand the taste) them power aide cAn be used.

Tbh I don't really pay attention to know what weird things I may have seen. Usually I'm too busy minding my own business and kids to even think twice at what others have in their kids bottles or what their drinking

Me (21) DH (25) DS (4) DD (2)
    Sent from a magical mobile bubhub device in a galaxy far far away

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (02-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HippyGirl85 View Post
    One was given a drowsy antihistamine mixed with milk in her bottle (about 18 months old) to "just take the edge off".

It's really sad.
    And this is why you can't buy Phenergan anymore and get sent to the doctor to get a prescription!!

I see babies/toddlers on a regular basis drinking soft/energy drinks and I work in a hospital.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shy View Post
    Just to put a different perspective out there in relation to flavored milk. I have a child who has weight gain issues and for a period of time lost weight. He wasn't a fan of milk, but needed it for the fat content (as well as the other goodness it contains), so both his paediatrician and hospital dietician told us to give him flavored milk, both were very adiment that it was definitely the right thing to do.

Two dieticians have also told me that they would rather see kids drink flavored milk over juice as its not as bad for their teeth and whilst it does have a high sugar content (like the juice), it at least has other good bits to it, ie fat and calcium.

Just thought I'd put it out there as there are often other reasons why parents make the choices they do (although I'd be surprised if there is a good reason for soft drink )
    Agree with this! My DS2 has lost over 2kg since jan and was still losing weight - we couldnt get him to stop losing because he has sensory issues and is extremely picky with what he eats and drinks - he will not under any circumstances drink plain milk, so we have to give him sustagen but every now and again when we're out I buy him a calciyum flavoured milk. He doesn't look underweight because he is still considered average but its the loss that was worrying his dr.

TBH though, if anyone has ever judged me in public for it, ive never noticed.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    **stupid double post, my phone had a meltdown lol
    Last edited by peanutmonkey; 30-04-2013 at 19:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can of mother poured straight into bubs bottle. The baby would have been maybe 10 months old.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really try not to judge because as we have seen, there are often good reasons for things that seem odd at face value, but I must admit to being absolutely amazed that people feed their young children energy drinks!! I would be really reluctant to drink one myself, let alone give one to a child. Do people just not realise what's in them???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Agree with this! My DS2 has lost over 2kg since jan and was still losing weight - we couldnt get him to stop losing because he has sensory issues and is extremely picky with what he eats and drinks - he will not under any circumstances drink plain milk, so we have to give him sustagen but every now and again when we're out I buy him a calciyum flavoured milk. He doesn't look underweight because he is still considered average but its the loss that was worrying his dr.

TBH though, if anyone has ever judged me in public for it, ive never noticed.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

This sort of circumstance is very understandable. The child I saw with choc milk had it in a baby bottle at my day care as its only source of fluid for the day. I found it odd that instead of a popper style thing they chose to put in in a baby bottle. Also odd that they sent choc milk to daycare.

But you are right, many parents do have good reasons for thier choices (tho I still dont understand coke for littlies).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast