+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default *Spin off* What are your school rules about party invites??

At my ds's school (he is in Prep) the rules are that if you want to give out invites then you have to give invites to the whole class (which is essentially 2 classes of 13, so 26 kids). Then they will go home in the kids school bags. But if you want to invite only a few children you need to do that by handing out the invitations individually (basically that means parent to parent), but some of the kids go to before or after school care and I know the Mum's, but not the Dad's or Grandparents, etc. So, basically going by the hand it directly method I think it could take me a week to guarentee that I give out the invites to specific kids. We have a class list of contact details but only got it at the end of Term 1 and some parents don't have their contact details listed.

So, is this a common rule, that if you want to invite the kids it's a 'everyone' or 'no-one' rule for giving out invites? Does it just get easier as the kids progress through school as you know more parents & their contact details? We don't have to worry too much as our ds's Birthday isn't til January next year, but the thought of having 26 6 year olds is scaring me already (more from a financial perspective & the space perspective than anything -- he doesn't need 26 presents!!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think we have any. Both last year and this year I gave DS his invitations to hand out himself & nobody has said anything about it. I do know parents who distribute the invitations and discuss the party 'discreetly' and nothing could be more obvious.

Personally I'm not in favour of that kind of rule - the kids talk about the party anyways and making a big deal out of keeping it secret can just reinforce the feeling of being left out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I dont think my sons school has any. I do parent helper for his class though so I just stuck the invites into the kids home reader bags with their new book for the day

He has a class of 22 kids but half of his friends from pre-prep are at his school in other classes too, so he only invited 8 from his class then another 8 from other classes.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    If we're not inviting the whole class I give them to the teacher and she makes sure they go in the individual child's school bag. I wouldn't have a clue yet who half the parents are in kindy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didnt invite the whole class - I just put the invite in the kids homework folders.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No rules at our school, last year I invited the whole class and it was a disaster, so this year I thought screw it and we just invited the kids DD wanted to invite from the year level.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No rule
    When dd1 had her last party she just handed out the invites to the kids she had invited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Schools have rules about this stuff??

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

callmedragon22  (30-04-2013),Rutabaga  (30-04-2013),~BEXTER~  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am all for being inclusive of other people, but I think it's getting a tiny bit out of hand in some instances. I don't think there is anything wrong with children inviting a few friends. I agree that they will probably talk about it at school anyway.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (30-04-2013),peanutmonkey  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that sucks! Who would want 26 kids running around their house with parents or if you had your party somewhere it would cost a fortune!!

My dd has a limit of 10 kids from school, she hands the invites out herself. We don't have to invite the whole class.