+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    Huh I'd never heard of those being bogan before. I guess my parents must have been bogans since their house has both. The dining room just became a short cut through to the formal lounge room, which was mainly used when i was hosting parties as in had the best stereo!

Next time I visit I'm going to be looking more closely...
    Ah but formal living areas are only bogan if they are in the house of a bogan. Which is obviously where the lines blur.

Here are two more articles on the modern bogan:

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/...verlords/desc/

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/sun...-1225953040665

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think the bogan has evolved since the 70s/80s. No more is it about flannos, cheap grog and Shazza/Bazza/Dazza etc.

These days, many bogans are cashed-up. Tradies are traditionally bogan (some moreso than others), but these days they're working at the mines and earning a small fortune.

I think it's harder to spot a bogan these days than it would have been in the past... and it's usually a collection of many things that makes someone a bogan. Just because you do one bogan thing doesn't make you a bogan... but it's a combination of doing bogan things that makes you one. It's why it's so hard to pinpoint what is bogan and what isn't.

Shane Warne is a cashed-up bogan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Ah but formal living areas are only bogan if they are in the house of a bogan. Which is obviously where the lines blur.

Here are two more articles on the modern bogan:

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/...verlords/desc/

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/sun...-1225953040665
    Wow this is starting to get complicated lol. I'm definitely planning on looking for more boganlike traits next time I visit my mother :d