+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What do you use your stick mixer/processor for?

I have been wanting a stick blender with the food processor attachment for a while now (thanks MKR) and with mother's day coming up I may get my wish. So after looking at them all I think I have decided on the Breville but don't know if I should just get the basic setup with mixer and chopper or get the bigger set that can slice veggies and has the potatoes masher plus more. I'm just worried it's one of things I think I will use but then never really do. We eat a lot of homemade pizza so I'm loving the slicer idea just for that. I would love to hear what others are using theirs for and if they get used a lot. Also when I make Smoothies make them in the blender with fruit, yogurt and ice instead of ice cream for a healthier version. Will these chop through the ice and essentially replace my piece of crap blender?
    This is what I am thinking of getting.
    http://m.harveynorman.com.au/brevill...ll-in-one.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have that but without the slicer/big 'cup', but I wish I had that! I use the stick blender for hummus and pesto, etc - it would be so nice to be able to slice/chop things quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have that and I find I still only use the stick blender itself for soup and dips and things like that.

The slicing and chopping thing becomes more of a pain in the butt, I prefer doing it by hand haha. I was sold by the "masher" attachment and soon realised it wasn't worth the extra $50 or whatever it is.

Myer had the Breville control grip stick blender for $89 at the moment That still comes with the whisk attachment and chopper bowl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have the kenwood triblade. I love it! I use it for:
    Dips
    Baby food
    Soup
    Mash
    Batters (whisk attachment)
    Whipped cream
    Pesto
    Smoothies
    Sauces
    I also use the processor attachment for chopping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I use my food processor for everything from chopping up all the vegs for a quiche to making cookies and cakes. And than the normal stuff like soups and dips etc...

I use mine atleast once a week.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies. I think I probably will get use out of it. The chopper might come in handy for barbeques when I need to slice heaps of onions. It's probably worth it just for that

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just have a basic stick mixer (without extra attachments) and I mainly use it for drinks and smoothies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought one a month ago with intentions to use it for a billion things, so far it hasn't made it out of the box :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a basic stick mixer and I use it constantly. I'm actually on my second one because I burnt out the motor on the first. If you cook a lot from scratch I am sure you will use it a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a basic stick mixer-$25 from woollies (can't remember brand) I use it for so much! Baby food, smoothies, soup, hummus.