+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had Bells a few years ago and it took a good month before I even got the smallest twitch, but mine was caused by a compressed nerve that I still have so my recovery might be a little different to viral

2. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

ardora  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had Bell's palsy a few years ago. It took about 4-5 weeks before I started to see some improvement in the movement of my face. I also lost all taste sensation on the left hand side of my mouth. Now, you couldn't tell I had it. I found that I was tired ALL the time, so it's probably both pregnancy and Bell's palsy.
    I am sure that you will see improvement soon. Good luck!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanna1980 For This Useful Post:

ardora  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP, i truly feel for you as I had it too at 32 weeks in my first pregnancy. My Dr have me steroids to take (that were safe during pregnancy) to help stimulate the facial nerve to regenerate quicker but it didn't work. It took until 6 weeks after I had DS1 to look 'normal' again and almost 4 years on, I can feel my eye get a bit lazy when I'm tried.

I hid out at home and didn't want anyone to see me inc my family because when my sister saw me for the first time with it she said " smile for me, I wanna see how weird your face looks when you can use only half of it" :screwy:

Good luck and hope it clears up for you soon xoxox

Sent from my LG-P705 using BubHub
    Last edited by cantwait1; 30-04-2013 at 12:43.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cantwait1 For This Useful Post:

ardora  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your words of support. I really appreciate them.

I should clarify that I have been to 2 GPs, 1 obstetrician, 1 neurologist and 1 acupuncturist.... pretty much they all said to wait and see. Acupuncturist and obstetrician insisted on resting, the others said normal life. I am not seeing anyone else in a while or I will become obsessive with this.

I am doing acupuncture 3 times a week and I massage my face daily. Speech therapist might be needed when I start moving again to ensure that I do it correctly but it might not be neccessary.

The viral ear infection caused the compression of the facial nerve which led to Bell's Palsy. The part I am really struggling with is not to know how long this will take, and your answers are confirming that it is highly variable...