+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Best pregnancy tests?

Hi everybody,
    ive been doing some research on pregnancy tests on the web, and I've come across one called detect5 - anybody else heard of it/had experience with it? Is it able for purchase in Aus?

(some background....I had a bfp couple weeks ago, but have had spotting for the last 5 days, including 2 days of cramping and one low hcg result.....not entirely giving up but not holding my breath either and want to be prepared for next go at ttc - thanks)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about your low hcg I used oracle fertility ovulation tests and hpt tests they are cheap and you can buy in packs there is no postage either and you order them online, i got a faint bfp on them at 11dpo and got pregnant first cycle using there ovulation tests.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happy86 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your low hcg I used oracle fertility ovulation tests and hpt tests they are cheap and you can buy in packs there is no postage either and you order them online, i got a faint bfp on them at 11dpo and got pregnant first cycle using there ovulation tests.
    Thanks happy
    I know the hcg doesn't mean much by itself, just trying to not get my hopes up so far that I end up being heartbroken again. I'll look into those tests!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you have another blood test to check that the levels are doubling? I have heard as long as they are doubling then its all good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happy86 View Post
    Did you have another blood test to check that the levels are doubling? I have heard as long as they are doubling then its all good
    No no yet - when I got the results from doc he said that I was most likely m/cing or bo and I was a bit taken aback and obviously upset and didn't think to request another one.....I do have an appt with my ob gyn coming up in May, she was great when I saw her a few years ago for pap smear issues, and I reckon nature will take its course either way. Not experiencing any preg symptoms since yesterday tho

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah nature will take its course in Nov last year lost my baby at 7wks, I started spotting at 6+3 went for a scan and was told all was well as there was a heartbeat but two days later bleed heavier then went to hospital and there was still a heartbeat but was told things could go either way as my hcg was low and I had a follow up scan the following Monday and everything completely passed naturally I was very sad but then felt better knowing that it was obviously abnormal and was more glad in a way it happened sooner rather then later, my fingers are crossed that you have a happy ending .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks happy
    really appreciate the support

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good luck and I wish you all the best for your future. I haven't heard of that test brand. I just used those first response and clear blue ones (I think).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    Good luck and I wish you all the best for your future. I haven't heard of that test brand. I just used those first response and clear blue ones (I think).

Thanks !

The detect5 tests have 5 bands within the one test, and claim to be able to give you a range for your hcg levels....probs not as accurate as a blood test (!) but sound tempting. Not sure if u can buy them in Aus. I've used first response and clear blue digi too....I like the digitals as there's no chance of misinterpreting the results.....but they're a bit pricey..

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree they are pricey. If you look around maybe you can get those other ones in aus? I would be curious to see how they worked.