+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Best high chair for a little bub

I'm hoping to buy a high chair to start solids...but my five month old is tiny, like only 5kgs! She's also quite short. But she does everything you would expect for a five month old.
    So I'm hoping there are some recommendations for a great high chair that is supportive for a young one, that reclines too and that the tray isn't too high. (she didn't like sitting in the bumbo or anything so that's not an option. And I would quite like her to be comfortable in one so she can sit in it and play while I'm cooking dinner etc).
    Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there Tamtam, I have a Childcare Capri from Target ($150 full price I think, but Target is often on sale). It has a great cushioned padding on the seat and back, 5 point harness safety belt, the seat goes up and down and reclines and sits up straight and the tray can come in quite close to bub. Removeable tray. It also has wheels so I can whiz it around the house. I have had DD in it since about 4 months using it as a seat down low so she could sit in the lounge or kitchen. Now she sits in it alot, to eat, sometimes play with toys on the tray and also just when she's sitting around while I hang out the washing or something like that. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks littleriv. I will check that one out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just got the new Peg Perego Siesta, love it! It is pricey ($350) but it has 5 difference recline levels including completely flat. It can also be mind higher and lower. The leather is also really easy to clean. I think most highchairs will have a similar height level for the tray, except I think the Ikea type ones are low (but don't recline). I went online and looked at reviews and noticed a lot of the seats with the vinyl type covers cracked easily so we wanted something that would last.

I went to baby shops and put him in a whole heap until we found one we both liked.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1367276046.811473.jpg
    Last edited by callmedragon22; 30-04-2013 at 09:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Tamtam my little man was tiny when we started solids as well (not quite as tiny as your DD though!) and we have the Infa-Secure convertible high chair. It's a great solid chair and kept my DS sitting upright quite well. It has the harness and can recline. I love this chair because it converts into a table and chair when they are bigger. I quite often take the seat out of the table part and put it in front of me when I'm sitting on the lounge to give him food. It wasn't overly expensive (I got mine online) but I have seen them in Big W.

Great chair, really easy to clean and fitted my small DS which I loved! It's not on wheels but that hasn't been an issue.

Good luck with your high chair buying

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I saw that infa-secure one online when googling. Seems like a good idea. Especially because I can use it later as a table and chair for playtimes. Looks a bit bulky maybe?
    I really just want to go around and put her in hi chairs and see how she sits in them!! Because she's so tiny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do it! We tried out so many before deciding lol. Pram Warehouse at Robina had quite a few, including an Infasecure one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second the infa-secure convertible.
    My almost 5 month old sits up really well in it.
    From memory I think it was $129 at Big W.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Thanks ladies. I saw that infa-secure one online when googling. Seems like a good idea. Especially because I can use it later as a table and chair for playtimes. Looks a bit bulky maybe?
    I really just want to go around and put her in hi chairs and see how she sits in them!! Because she's so tiny.
    It is a bit bulky but I had a tiny kitchen/dining area when we first got it and it wasn't an issue. It's so easy to clean and DS used to sit in it while I vacuumed! It doesn't fold up but I had one that folded for DS1 and I never ever folded it up! Have fun testing chairs

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Phil and teds high pod. Love it and my Bub has beenin it since she was a new born and she was only 2.5kg.
    Super easy to clean and also sit at the table.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app