+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeForWine View Post
    I really dont think they are in the same ballpark to be honest. Your talking about DV and Slavery and this thread is about ear peircings - hardly ruining anyones lives or mentally / physically scarring them for life!
    That is not what I took from Lambjam's post. She was not comparing DV and slavery to ear piercing. She was commenting on the vast changes in social norms over the years.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

anonyme  (30-04-2013),lambjam  (30-04-2013),peanutmonkey  (30-04-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    That is not what I took from Lambjam's post. She was not comparing DV and slavery to ear piercing. She was commenting on the vast changes in social norms over the years.
    Thank you, yes. I was comparing the process of change, not the subjects in question.

Further, the arguments that "everybody does it" or "people should make their own choices" aren't suitable for all topics.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my ears pierced at 3 months, my sister had hers done at 2 months. It's a traditional thing in our family and culture. We're not traumatised and we love wearing earrings. We both got extra piercings when we were older.

I've always maintained that, if I had a girl, she'd have her ears pierced at 2-3 months. I don't see anything wrong with it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snowqu33n For This Useful Post:

jellybeanicecream  (30-04-2013),Lauzy83  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally against it for many reasons, including: 1) I don't like them at all. Doesn't look 'cute' to me, looks wrong. 2) I wouldn't inflict pain on my child for no reason other than to please myself, its just not my parenting style. 3) The whole 'my child, my choice' thing doesn't really work for me, pretty sure as the ears in question are not actually yours, that logic is just stupid. That said, my child is cute enough without requiring body modification

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I just dont see the big deal (with the EAR piercing). And look Ive had 4 ear rings in each ear - I dont get why people are saying it scars and and doesnt heal?? I have only 1 in each ear now and you can not see a single mark in my ears?

FTR I dont have my girls ears pierced, nor do I intend too - however Im just saying its not up to me to judge other parents who decide that they do want to pierce their childs ears.

Anyway we will go around in circles - I get your passionately oppossed to it, I guess Im just not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I guess I just dont see the big deal (with the EAR piercing). And look Ive had 4 ear rings in each ear - I dont get why people are saying it scars and and doesnt heal?? I have only 1 in each ear now and you can not see a single mark in my ears?
    Because whilst it may not have left a scar/mark on you, that isnt the case for everyone? I have marks where my ears were pierced, I also have scarring on the back of my lobe from where I got an infection caused by a reaction to cheap jewelry.

Our experiences also shape our opinions. So someone whose had their ears pierced at a young age and suffered pain etc from them, is more likely to be opposed to her own child having it done than someone who had it done and had no issues?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had multiple holes which have been closed for many years; I can see most of them clearly. The piercings were my choice and I have no regrets, but had someone else made the choice for me I'd feel differently.

How would you feel about someone piercing their infant boy's ears? Or an infant girl's eyebrow? I don't see a distinction between these and piercing an infant girl's ears, so perhaps that gives you an insight into how I feel about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am not the type of person to get my girls ears done .. Make up your own mind of what I mean by type ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Until I saw the argument on Facebook I have never given it any thought. To be honest I don't really notice whether kids have earrings or not. I think I must have gotten off lightly when I got DD done she didn't cry or play with them at all. Now however I am internally cringing at what people must have thought when I took her to get them done. I do agree that it isn't right to think of young children as trashy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just took this pic on my iPhone so it's not great... But you can clearly see my second and third holes.

I haven't worn earrings in those holes since my early twenties... I would guess 15 years.ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1367288587.488084.jpg