+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always said if I had a girl I would get them done as a baby.
    But because there are sooooo many judgmental people out there I don't think I would. I think it's disgusting that so many people judge other mothers/parents by a pair of earrings..
    I had mine done when I was very young and I even had an accident with mine... ( Involving a sleeper ring, a bangle and a swing set.) however I still love them and if I didn't I would just take them out... No hassle? No worries? And no blame! I think they look pretty on young girls and def spare gender confusion.
    So yes while I love them and def would consider getting a daughters ears pierced while quite young I probably wouldn't because there are too many nosy, judgmental and nasty people out there that do have problems with it.

I loved you before I ever met you <3

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Monster & Boof For This Useful Post:

Cazza1981  (30-04-2013),jellybeanicecream  (30-04-2013),Lauzy83  (30-04-2013),Purple Lily  (30-04-2013),RipperRita  (30-04-2013),snowqu33n  (30-04-2013),TimeForWine  (30-04-2013),~Marigold~  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't have DD's done either, I'm not a fan of ear rings at all, I had mine done as a baby but I haven't worn ear rings since I left high school many years ago.

Thanks mum - said me never.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    Trashy? Not sure I would ever use that word to describe a baby/toddler. I don't have dd's ears pierced and honestly haven't really thought about it yet.

just a question all those parents who say they would never put their children through pain for cosmetic reasons. My dd (2yrs) has a turned in eye. It isn't a lazy eye but something wrong with her muscle. At the end of this year she is having an operation (I dare say a lot more traumatic then getting ears pierced) to straighten her eye. The operation isn't to improve her sight but purely for cosmetic reasons so she has straight eyes and doesn't get teased later in life. What do you think of that? Does that make me a bad parent?
    No lol.. I wouldnt think you a bad parent. I wouldnt think someone who pierced their childs ears a,bad parent either, i just dont like it

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I seriously dont get why people get upset with opinions with these topics. We all have an opinion, just,because someone doesnt like or agree with something, shouldnt stop you from doing it!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hopefulmama2b For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (30-04-2013),MRR1006  (30-04-2013),peanutmonkey  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't like the look of it on little ones, so won't be getting dd's ears done til she asks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    I don't think it is that different from the ear piercing or circumcion debate actually. Since being told i have kind of changed my tune. I could of waited until she is older and let her make the choice whether she thinks its important enough to warrant the risks of an operation. After all Iam only doing it for cosmetic reasons. She won't actually see any better or anything. She was born like that and it isn't hurting her and Iam putting her through an operation which we all know there are "risks" with any operation purely so she looks better and fits in. I love my dd more than life itself and Iam putting her through this operation because I never want her to be made to feel bad. I originally thought about getting it later but recently she has been asked a few times in the playground by older kids what's wrong with her eye. I think we all need to teach our kids tolerance, kindness and acceptance rather than judge people by their looks or choices. No child/ baby or toddler should ever be described as looking trashy no matter what in my opinion. I don't care if their parents have given them mullet haircuts, dressed them in baby bikini's or pierced their ears. It's just plain wrong!
    I think your circumstance is probably more in line with orthodontic work on the scale of necessary v's cosmetic - and so far as I know this is not something greatly debated (I do stay out of the debate threads usually though so could be wrong! If I am wrong then get the popcorn ready!).

DD's adult teeth are coming through now and, as suspected, she's going to have her mummy's overcrowding issues and will need extensive orthodontic work as she grows up. I had this done myself where my jaw was slowly widened over about 2 years, it hurt like hell, constant aching etc and I will definitely put her through this pain.

If I still had the teeth I had when younger (45 degree buck on the front ones, couldn't shut my lips etc) there is no way I would have had the opportunities in life that I have had. A great smile or beautiful eyes is something we all like, warm to quickly and these things open many doors (or turn people away when the opposite is true). This level of judgement on looks is human instinct - it goes well beyond concious thought - especially when it's "first impressions" things.

IMO the operation you are chosing for your DD to have goes well beyond school teasing, this is an appearance factor that could impact negatively on her for the rest of her life.

Not even close to ear piercing IMO which is an optional extra.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

anonyme  (30-04-2013),Sonja  (30-04-2013),Stiflers Mom  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    I wouldn't have DD's done either, I'm not a fan of ear rings at all, I had mine done as a baby but I haven't worn ear rings since I left high school many years ago.

Thanks mum - said me never.
    I agree, If I had a DD I wouldnt get them done... I had mine done as a child and had nothing but trouble, and a lot of infections, allergic reactions and pain... I took them out in my late teens and would never ever get them done again.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmama2b View Post
    I seriously dont get why people get upset with opinions with these topics. We all have an opinion, just,because someone doesnt like or agree with something, shouldnt stop you from doing it!

I think what offends people is not the "I don't personally like it, I wouldn't do it," but the "It's trashy/bogan." One is just an opinion, the other is an insult to people who make that choice.

I expect I'll hold off if and until my little girl wants them...then go for it. I take no issue with what other people do.

I hazard a guess that people would often be less inclined to criticise the cultural adornment practices of, say, an African tribe, which may often be much more extreme. We respectfully say "that's their culture". The piercing of female earlobes is a common part of our culture in Australia (and particularly babies in the case of Australians from some cultural groups), but we can be so judgmental about it.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jellybeanicecream For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (30-04-2013),Lauzy83  (30-04-2013),RipperRita  (30-04-2013),TimeForWine  (30-04-2013),~Marigold~  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep, i had my dd's done when she was 3 months old. and i couldn't care less who thinks it's ''trashy'' etc..strangers opinions are irrelevant.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

hopefulmama2b  (30-04-2013),jellybeanicecream  (30-04-2013),Lauzy83  (30-04-2013),MRR1006  (30-04-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (30-04-2013),~Marigold~  (30-04-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I view all body piercing in the same way. Boy or girl, ear lobe, eyebrow or nostril.

Not my body, not my choice.

Trashy doesn't come into it for me. I think it's much worse than simple bad taste.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (30-04-2013),Busy-Bee  (30-04-2013),peanutmonkey  (30-04-2013),Tainted  (30-04-2013)