+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I cringe when I see little babies with pierced ears. Just doesn't sit well with me. I don't think they look any cuter. For me, they look less cute.

I have no problem with older kids of either gender making the choice when they are older. When they are old enough to understand the consequences of their actions. I have no fixed age in mind, I think some kids could cope at 6 or 7, others older again.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    My dd's got their ears pierced on their 8th bday. It was a long wait for them as they had wanted it done since they were five but I think five is still too young.
    Babies....no way! My friends little 2yo got her earring caught on the lacy curtain and she panicked, threw herself back and tore the earring out! She is now 14 and she said she's too scared to get her ears pierced ever again. But accidents aside, I don't think parents should pierce babies ears, let the baby grow up and make their own decision.
    Ohhh that would have been awful for that poor little girl! I don't have girls but I agree with PP's about waiting until they are old enough to decide for themselves and understand what's involved. I really don't like it on babies and even toddlers to be honest. Each to their own but certainly not something I would choose for my own child.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A big fat NO for my daughter.

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had both my girls ears pierced, at 16wks and 8wks old.

I quite frankly don't care what other ppl do.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (30-04-2013),snowqu33n  (30-04-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    No way. DD will have to wait until she is old enough to earn the money to pay to have it done. I had mine done when I was 14 and I regret it now. It's just bizarre to want to stick a hole through a perfectly good ear lobe to adorn with precious metals and stones.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

lydie  (01-05-2013),SoThisIsLove  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope I won't be for dd and she will have to wait til she is old enough to make the decision for herself. I won't be making the decision to alter my child's appearance without their permission. Imagine if were forced to have a piercing or woke up with a tattoo you didn't want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I had no idea that this was an issue to be honest, until I joined bubhub. I never gave it a second thought, certainly never saw it as "trashy". It comes up time and time again, but I struggle with the labels like "trashy" when describing toddlers or very young children. i actually don't agree and my idea of trashy must be vastly different... A sequined G-string hanging out of someone's trackie dacks, trashy, imo. 2 little earrings on a little girl.... doesn't concern or bother me. Maybe this is because we all had earrings when I little (had my own ears done at 3 I think) and it was just normal. Calling pierced ears body modification seems extreme to me... I guess when I hear that term I think of branding the skin or something bigger than a single lobe piercing. I know I'm in the minority on here, but it's strange because in real life I've never heard anyone bag out another woman's child or the mother herself for piercing ears. Maybe because they wouldn't say it aloud?
    But that is my personal opinion and everyone is entitled to their own.
    Having said that, I wont be piercing DD's ears, only because I don't like the look of it on my baby, not because I see it as trashy or tacky, but I just don't like much jewellery myself, I took my earrings out long ago and only wear the occasional necklace or bracelet.
    If DD asked me I will allow her to have them done.

I hope this thread remains respectful to others.

Oh, and someone on here called it "bogan". Well some of the most un-bogan people I know have their kids ears pierced so I most definitely disagree with that.
    I agree with this...I can't believe the amount of people who have said it looks trashy or bogan.

It's an earring or 2 it's no big deal

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (30-04-2013),~Marigold~  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't got a daughter but if I was to have one in the future I wouldn't be getting her ears pierced. I don't think it looks bogan or trashy I just don't see the need personally, is it much different to any other piercing? Or just more socially acceptable? I had mine done as a baby and hold no ill will towards my parents for it, although they are wonky which annoys me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm not a fan but yes I don't think of a baby girl with earrings as being trashy -
    if I had a daughter I would probably wait until high school

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally don't like the look of it on babies and toddlers. DD is 6 and hasn't asked to have her ears pierced yet. I'm more than happy to wait until she asks, and understands that it will hurt, requires care in the early stages and is forever.