Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont like the way it looks on babies.. Looks trashy imo

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I think it looks trashy. And I think it's wrong for a parent to cause pain to their baby for purely cosmetic reasons.
    Trashy? Not sure I would ever use that word to describe a baby/toddler. I don't have dd's ears pierced and honestly haven't really thought about it yet.

just a question all those parents who say they would never put their children through pain for cosmetic reasons. My dd (2yrs) has a turned in eye. It isn't a lazy eye but something wrong with her muscle. At the end of this year she is having an operation (I dare say a lot more traumatic then getting ears pierced) to straighten her eye. The operation isn't to improve her sight but purely for cosmetic reasons so she has straight eyes and doesn't get teased later in life. What do you think of that? Does that make me a bad parent?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (30-04-2013)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not something I think is needed. It doesnt look right to me and I won't consider peircing DDs ears until she is old enough to do ask for it to be done.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    just a question all those parents who say they would never put their children through pain for cosmetic reasons. My dd (2yrs) has a turned in eye. It isn't a lazy eye but something wrong with her muscle. At the end of this year she is having an operation (I dare say a lot more traumatic then getting ears pierced) to straighten her eye. The operation isn't to improve her sight but purely for cosmetic reasons so she has straight eyes and doesn't get teased later in life. What do you think of that? Does that make me a bad parent?
    That's completely different. It might be cosmetic but you are having it done for a reason. I don't even see that in the same park as piercing a babies ears just because it looks cute.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

anonyme  (30-04-2013),kezanazz  (30-04-2013),SoThisIsLove  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it looks awful. I would never ever put my child through unnecessary pain so she could have some bling in her ears. If she wants them when she is old enough to understand and care for them then that's ok because its her choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd's got their ears pierced on their 8th bday. It was a long wait for them as they had wanted it done since they were five but I think five is still too young.
    Babies....no way! My friends little 2yo got her earring caught on the lacy curtain and she panicked, threw herself back and tore the earring out! She is now 14 and she said she's too scared to get her ears pierced ever again. But accidents aside, I don't think parents should pierce babies ears, let the baby grow up and make their own decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They aren't my ears to pierce, so no I don't agree with it.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Trashy? Not sure I would ever use that word to describe a baby/toddler. I don't have dd's ears pierced and honestly haven't really thought about it yet.

Your dd is highly unlikely to be teased for not having her ears pierced. I don't think the two are comparable at all! My friend's little boy had his eyes straightened and she noticed an immediate improvement in his concentration and fine motor skills. So it's not just cosmetic, even though it is classed as such

Another friend of mine had her ears pierced at 1 day old, must all her how it was done. Not scissors I hope!!

Dd1 recently asked for it but changed her mind when I said it might hurt. I had mine done with a gun aged 11 at my own request, and I still remember them throbbing for hours afterwards, I remember crying late that night, not able to settle. it wasn't horrendously painful but it wasn't pleasant either. So I sit in the camp of bodily autonomy I guess, she can have it done when she understands what's involved & still chooses it for herself.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (30-04-2013),Madame Mayhem  (30-04-2013),Purple Lily  (30-04-2013),SoThisIsLove  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope I had mine done when I was 8 and my girls can wait until then as well. I am severely allergic to anything other than solid titanium (picture swollen weeping earlobes) so I will put it off as long as I can.

Thanks
    Reviews

Totally different! You are doing this for your dd so she doesn't look different and get teased. You are helping her to fit in and look 'normal'. Getting a babies ears pieced IMO is not for the baby but for the mum so she has a 'pretty little baby girl'. Why else would anyone do that at such a young age?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (30-04-2013),SoThisIsLove  (30-04-2013)