+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's sometimes a cultural thing. When we were in Eastern Europe and Spain/Portugal (maybe Italy as well??) a majority of baby girls had their ears pierced as they do it so you can tell they are girls and not boys. I can remember walking around London with one of the gorgeous baby girls I nannied for, she had on a dress and light blue cardigan and a Spanish shop keeper thought she was a boy, I corrected him and he said that because her ears weren't pierced he assumed she was a boy. It's also very common in Latin America.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (30-04-2013),Maybelline  (30-04-2013),snowqu33n  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    I have never seen a baby in Albert Park with its ears pierced .. But go to Fountaingate and try to find one that's not .. I don't even think it's " bogans".. Maybe just outer suburban thing .. I am just going by what I see ..
    This is true. In higher socio-economic suburbs you rarely see it (I want to say never as I never have but I won't presume that it's none), and in other suburbs you do. Make of that what you will.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    From reading all these posts I now have another question, what actually classes someone as a bogan? I have read many different things on here such as having a Strider is bogan and having a coffee table is bogan (seriously) and now getting babies ears pierced is bogan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My partner wants to get katelyns done. I didn't realise it was going to come up as an issue until he made a comment about how it's weird how uptight Aussies are about piercing babies ears.

.... Oh what?!?

I've set a few conditions on getting katelyns done which df hasn't met, so it's not been done. I am glad it's working out much like the religion thing. I haven't said no, but the required effort on his behalf has meant it's not been much of an issue. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another ear piercing thread going downhill

What a surprise.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    From reading all these posts I now have another question, what actually classes someone as a bogan? I have read many different things on here such as having a Strider is bogan and having a coffee table is bogan (seriously) and now getting babies ears pierced is bogan.
    Particular names are bogan, alternative spelling, specific suburbs, use of particular words, doing or not doing things at social events - particularly weddings, how you dress or dress your kids, hair styles or your child's hair style, number of middle names, Yup your pram - bogan!

Bogans! Bogans everywhere!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

kw123  (30-04-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I won't get my DD's ears pierced because they are not my ears so it's not my decision. They are her ears and therefore her decision. I chose not to make body modifications on my children unless medically necessary.

I have a second piercing in one ear. I haven't worn an earring in it since the 80s but the hole is still there, not closed up at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    I have never seen a baby in Albert Park with its ears pierced .. But go to Fountaingate and try to find one that's not .. I don't even think it's " bogans".. Maybe just outer suburban thing .. I am just going by what I see ..
    I've seen them pierced in Albert Park/Middle Park.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Particular names are bogan, alternative spelling, specific suburbs, use of particular words, doing or not doing things at social events - particularly weddings, how you dress or dress your kids, hair styles or your child's hair style, number of middle names, Yup your pram - bogan!

Bogans! Bogans everywhere!!!

Hahaha so it seems

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    Oh dear. I'm buying a Valco so apparently a "bogan" is someone I look up to

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jellybeanicecream For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (30-04-2013)