+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I just took this pic on my iPhone so it's not great... But you can clearly see my second and third holes.

I haven't worn earrings in those holes since my early twenties... I would guess 15 years.Attachment 35793
    Mine are the same I have two holes in each ear that have not had earrings in for many many years. I also have a growth on my head (behind my ear) from an earring causing some skin thing.

It sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't want to do DD's ears. No reason, just something I don't want to do at this point in time. Tbh, I don't notice whether they're done on other babies or not, unless it really stands out - cute earrings, in appropriate earrings, etc. I was out for dinner last weekend and noticed a toddler with dark skin, dark curly hair & gold studs in - she looked totally adorable.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    yawn, do it if u want don't if u don't but keep in mind everyone's different and that doesn't mean better or worse.
    And you'll apply that logic if you see a baby with their belly button and eyebrow pierced?

If not then you admit there's a line that you won't cross. Mine is just located a little further back than yours.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (30-04-2013),Busy-Bee  (30-04-2013),Eko  (30-04-2013),Guest654  (30-04-2013),Mod-Degrassi  (30-04-2013),NancyBlackett  (30-04-2013),peanutmonkey  (30-04-2013)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    My daughter was done at 9 months she's terribly traumatised and scarred by the experience and hates me for it..... Oh wait she has no idea it was done haha she loves her pretty earrings and picking new ones, each to their own but I love how this topic is one of those that allows the high and mighty mums who probably spend too much time on the Internet judging other mums exercise their egos and belittle and bad mouth the other mums who do not share the same opinions, yawn, do it if u want don't if u don't but keep in mind everyone's different and that doesn't mean better or worse.
    I think it has very little to do with ego boosting and belittling others who do not share the same opinion. I don't agree with piercing a child's ears at a young age but I don't go around putting others down or make them feel any less because they like that. People can do what they want.

I think referring to those who don't agree with early ear piercing as high and mighty mums who spend too much time Internet judging is over the top.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (30-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    There is no 'type'. I know plenty of people who have babies/toddlers with pierced ears and they are all very different in their parenting styles, backgrounds, personalities.

I wouldn't do it myself but I'm not fazed by those who do.
    Nothing to do with parenting styles .. Personalities etc..

I think we all know what type I mean ( unless your living under a rock ) .. Kath and Kim and your kids called Ebony !

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    I think we all know what type I mean ( unless your living under a rock ) .. Kath and Kim and your kids called Ebony !
    I think I've made my opinion pretty clear, but I disagree strongly here. I know people who have pierced their daughters' ears who are anything but bogans.

I don't think I actually judge the parents at all. They've acted within the law. The fact that it's legal is what I object to.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMO it doesn't look awful but I could never do it. I don't quiet understand the need for a child under 8 to have it done.
    I wouldn't put ear piercing in the same category as circumcision or belly piercing , some people take the debate to far. It's just absolutely unnecessary for a child to have their ears pierced plain and simple but I wouldn't look at a young child or baby with earrings and think anything more than plain and simply why???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    Nothing to do with parenting styles .. Personalities etc..

Oh...so your fictional characters, then.

Really, though...that seems to me to be just a less direct way of calling people "bogans".

The bogan/feral thing is something I've been pondering a bit lately. I do wonder if class/social stereotyping in this country will ever be viewed in a similar light to racial and sexual stereotyping.

i grew up thinking an example of a "feral" was the fox that killed our chickens. I have since discovered that it means "supporters of a team other than my own".

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mom had my ears pierced when I was a baby (9mths?) without telling my dad. They ended up getting incredibly infected and my skin grew over the tiny studs and my dad had to dig them out (they were itty bitty diamonds in gold so not a cheap metal). He was very p*ssed off obviously! To this day I still have problems with my ears. I can only wear certain metals or else my ears get infected and no matter what, if I don't wear earrings 24/7 my skin grows back over the holes and I have to poke through every time I want to wear earrings. I rarely wear earrings because of all this as they more often hurt than not.

I personally wouldn't pierce my daughters ears until maybe 8-12 years old (if she was asking).
    Last edited by Kirst33; 30-04-2013 at 14:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have never seen a baby in Albert Park with its ears pierced .. But go to Fountaingate and try to find one that's not .. I don't even think it's " bogans".. Maybe just outer suburban thing .. I am just going by what I see ..