User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Birthday Party Entertainment

Hi mums and daddys,
    I'm new to the forum but am really excited to see all the existing threads on birthday parties as DD wants a princess party for her 4th birthday. Her friend had a fairy party with a "real fairy" and now she has asked to have a real princess at her party!
    I was just wondering if anyone has ever hired a birthday party entertainer before? I had a look on line but I don't really know what to look for or how I can tell which one will be good.
    Also does anyone know around how much I can expect to pay?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i'd just google. i have been to parties with face painters, balloon entertainers etc, but as far as i know they weren't cheap.

would you have someone you know dress up as a fairy and do fairy games etc??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My auntie had a clown at her sons, he was awesome! But around $200 for. Hour.

My sister had a fairy and she was pretty crap, same price.

Just goggle, most will have different costumes.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    it may depend where you live in regards to cost, but i hire many performers and they generally cost anywhere from $150-400 averaging at around $200. That's for a one hour 'show'. The cost would probably be different if they're doing extra things like face painting etc.

I would go with someone a bit more established- if they have testimonials on their site, how old are they? If they've only been doing it for less than a year I wouldn't hire them without a recommendation from someone I trusted.
    Call them and ask about their show, ask them what the variations are for different age groups/smaller or larger groups etc. Good performers will know there is a huge difference between a 4 and 7 year old audience, and if you have mixed ages they should be able to deal with that too.
    Some performers are more flexible and will take the day as it comes, if the kids are out of control they might do rowdy games and dancing, if they're older or a bit more sedate they might do more of a storytelling session. I would try to get someone who is happy to do that if you can. Just call a few and get a feel for how confident they are, and how much experience they have.
    Also, ask your friend where she got the fairy- she may have been from an agency that can send you a princess.