+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Your arrangements

*** This thread is for single/separated parents only, please do not share what you hypothetically would do were you to separate"

I am curious to the age of your children and the sort of arrangements you have with them spending time in your care and with the other parent.

Please share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have three to my exhusband. We separated when I was pregnant with dd3. First up big two would go one full weekend then wed split the next weekend with a kid each and swsp them the next night then it was my weekend. He would spend time with the baby with me there for an hour a week. Bub was fully bf. Then as she got older she would spend time with him at his house with her sisters then wotking up to a full day and then one night then two and now three like her sisters.
    We have since stopped the split weekend and they all spend two or three nights with him two weekends out of three. My kids are 9, 6 and 2.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 8.

He sees EX 1 night a fortnight (Sat lunch time - Sunday arvo 4ish).

Sometimes, he will spend 2 nights but that is no more than 3 times a year.

Ex usually chooses not to see DS during school holidays. in 8 years, he has had him for 1 week of holidays.

We split when DS was 4 months...at first ex would just come and see him at my house...when he was about 18 months he would have him 1 night at his own house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is 6 and goes to her dad's every second weekend (usually Friday after school to Sunday afternoon). he sometimes sees her during the week if I need help picking her up as I have to work late, or I am sick or something. We have a good relationship and can usually agree on changes and try to help each other out whenever we can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 5, her father left when I was pregnant.
    For the first 3 years he would have her 2 - 3 times a week, including a few sleep overs but since meeting his gf, he has dd every second Tuesday for about 2 hours for dinner. He refuses to acknowledge her any other day outside of that time slot.

My current partner has dd 12 and ds 9, he has them every second weekend from Friday night till Sunday arvo and Usually a week every holiday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Shar23; 14-05-2013 at 08:52.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shar23 For This Useful Post:

jo101  (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deleted - phone is double posting
    Last edited by mummyrissa; 29-04-2013 at 17:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DSS lives in another state. From the time he was about 8 months until he started school he was with his mum for 5 weeks and then spent 1 week with his dad, alternating birthdays and Christmas. Once he started school he spends 2 weeks with his dad every school holidays except Christmas when he spends 3 weeks with his dad and christmas's are alternated still. He spends the rest of the time with his mum including his birthday as it falls in the school term.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS (8) sees his father every fortnight from Friday after school - Monday morning (ex drops to school).

Nothing over school holidays.
    Christmas is year on, year off for a 48hr period.

He was meant to have 1/2 shool holidays but he decided he can't handle DS and has given that up.
    There was also provision for him to have a weekly phone call with DS but it didnt last.. He decided he was "too busy with life" to put aside 10 mins to talk to his child
    Last edited by PinkSmarties; 29-04-2013 at 17:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine are 8 and 5.

They see their dad every second weekend and half holidays (if he can get time off). Oh and it is at his convenience of course which half he has them .

Every time they go I worry he won't return them as he has done it twice in the past

There is also provision for him to call two nights a week. They really want him to call but since he has a new girlfriend he is lucky to call once a week. I always make sure they are here in case he calls and I document the nights he misses!