Closed Thread
Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all
    Kd - I would contact ur ob as it can be passed onto the baby but it is only a problem during labour I believe. I think they have to put u on meds. Ah u poor thing. I work it pharmacy & had a few customers come in during preg with them. Goodluck & let us know how u go.

Pilbara - ye I'm in port hedland ATM. It's beautiful weather lots of cool flowy clothing not looking forward to going back home to the cold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sunshine - I freak out a little about getting an outy too, but I have a feeling mine won't do much more than flatten out, just cause of the shape it is. I have belly explosions too, where the skin is so stretched it's quite uncomfortable, but then it goes down again! Like today for instance, I barely looked pregnant at all when I got up, and still not much now. It must totally depend on what my digestive system is doing, and where the "pressure" is coming from behind and above my uterus, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KD - no need to be embarrassed, strange things happen during pregnancy! ...but, definitely get checked out so that you can get it sorted before the birth (if that is what is required).

lyndsay - enjoy that warm weather! Hopefully by the time you get back it will be warm here too

sunshine and sariele - so funny that you are both worried about getting an outy! With DD, mine just flattened out completely and my belly was all strange and buttonless I still have a slight indent at this point, but I reckon it will be gone soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay ... so I tried to post a bump photo for you today but it just doesn't work ... to hard...give up! I want you to see it. Its beautiful! I love it!

Talking about touches ... ive started getting asked quite regularly the last week when am I due?

I went for another pampering day today. Ahhh. Just feels so good.

I haven't had a bath for months ... but for months really been enjoying my showerz. I wish I could take a stool to the shower!! I just love running water. Can't get enough of it. Starting to wish lately I could swim. Guess I can bob thats not physical! Might have to buy some maternity swimmers just so I can go bob in a pool!

Does anyone else have a water thing happening?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies! Happy tuesday. Sounds like everyone is travelling along well at the moment. KD i agree with everyone best to go get it checked out if anything for some peace of mind. The joys of pregnancy hey! lol

We had a HUGE weekend, saturday working on the house and visitors for dinner that night, sunday a huge day of walking (6 hours) at Taronga Zoo with my neice and Monday morning tea with DH's family. Tired is an understatement. I do believe that Mr Petri was none to happy about how busy I was as I had something super weird happen at Taronga. Just before I called it a day i was getting a lot of pain (ligament i am guessing) lower RH side of stomach then all of a sudden it went numb! completely numb just in one section??? weird huh. I spoke to the midwife and they are not concerned as it went away but still it was scarey and weird. safe to say i turned to DH asked him to grab my neice from the play area and announced it was time to go home haha.

I noticed Petri hasnt been moving alot these last couple of days so when I spoke to the midwife i asked about it. She had me monitor his movements for 3 hours, they wanted 10 movements I got 8 called them back and they were happy with 8 so YAY! as soon as I got off the phone i have had 5 movements in the last 40 mins. Yep he is just fine haha.

How is everyones Tuesday going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Howdy doody lovely ladies!

Cheeky how exciting, another little pink bundle is joining our crew of testosterone! Thank god lol So exciting

I am expecting my referral for the Glucose test next monday when we see our OB again....dreading it! The short test wasn't bad when I had my son, when I had to go back for the 2 hour test, geez that's when i suffered! I nearly passed out at one stage and had to have a lie down hahahaha. Am hoping I don't need that one this time but I guess we will see soon enough!

Pilbara glad you are back in the land of the (internet) living lol You don't realise how much you rely on it until you don't have much access!

No belly touches here as yet, other than DH and very rarely my mum, but that was just a bit of a pat. I think its because my hands spend most of their time on my belly as it is, so there is no room for anyone else to get touchy feely lol

KD i would def get checked - as the others have said it will prob only be an issue at delivery time, but best to get it all sorted out now while you have time. Nothing is TMI here, any dignity we had was left in the IVF clinic hahaha!

AFM all going well, back to OB next monday and I can't wait! I love our appts, we always have a good laugh and I love seeing Boris! Hoping this time he is playing nicer and we will get a decent 3D shot! He is SO active, he doesn't stop moving all day! I don't mind it at all, would rather that than him be too quiet and worry constantly, but I really wonder what kind of party he is having in there because i am pretty certain noone else was invited

We had a weekend away on the weekend, DH and i headed off for Friday and Saturday night, which in itself was a comedy of errors!! Was lovely to be away, but the place we stayed had a wedding booked and lets just say that the guests didn't really have any thought for anyone else staying there! They parked in our car spot constantly (had to keep going back to reception so they could find out who owned them and get them moved!), they congregated out the front of our room on the grass for their boozy get togethers and used our outdoor furniture, so we couldn't sit out there, or open our curtains, or do anything really because apparently it was party central, then the night of the wedding...well lets just say after drinking all day making noise at 11pm, 12pm, 2am, 3am etc wasn't really something they worried about! Then on Saturday night we went out for a nice dinner, DH started feeling nauseas within about 5 mins or ordering so we had to get our dinner take away, and he fell asleep within 5 minutes of getting home hahahahaha! It was still nice to be away though, and if it had been "perfect" then something would have been wrong because that's not us as all

So i came into work today to find emails about finalising my parental leave!!!! WHHHAAATTTT???? Its only October, surely that's ages away, right?? Um no! I finish up on 18 December all going well which is only um 10 weeks away...?? Seriously? I am sitting here thinking my god I am 25 weeks and this pregnancy is going sooooo sllloooooowwwwwwww..BUT I'M FREAKING 25 WEEKS!!!! and he will be born around 38-39 weeks which shortens it even more....*f.r.e.a.k.i.n.g o.u.t* just a tad lol But in a good way, can't wait to meet our little guy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    We had a HUGE weekend, saturday working on the house and visitors for dinner that night, sunday a huge day of walking (6 hours) at Taronga Zoo with my neice and Monday morning tea with DH's family. Tired is an understatement. I do believe that Mr Petri was none to happy about how busy I was as I had something super weird happen at Taronga. Just before I called it a day i was getting a lot of pain (ligament i am guessing) lower RH side of stomach then all of a sudden it went numb! completely numb just in one section??? weird huh. I spoke to the midwife and they are not concerned as it went away but still it was scarey and weird. safe to say i turned to DH asked him to grab my neice from the play area and announced it was time to go home haha.
    Oh Tommi no mention of kankles so you did really well! Really well!
    Now you know why I was so freaked by the numbness at top of tummy, under breasts. Its really eased along with the rib pain in my back with my physio.
    Freaky but.... I understand!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinebell View Post
    Oh Tommi no mention of kankles so you did really well! Really well!
    Now you know why I was so freaked by the numbness at top of tummy, under breasts. Its really eased along with the rib pain in my back with my physio.
    Freaky but.... I understand!
    HAHAHA thank you Sunshinebell! No Kankles...yet however it think my body is done after a weekend like that and i am definately done with walking all day, hills, crowds and heat until after Jan 24th!

Its funny Sunshinebell, I thought I recalled you having the numbness too and searched through past posts sunday night and couldn't find the entry...guessing my brain was also tired. It was scary, at first I laughed as I was thinking YAY the pain was gone then i sort of freaked as we were a good 15 min walk from the entrance to the Zoo and at least 1.5 hours from home and I had my neice with me who is 7 and was absolutely amazing walking all day with us without complaint. i felt so bad I couldn't carry her on the last trek back to the gates and car though as she was exhausted poor little bugger. I was so freaked about the numbness I dont remember much else after we started walking back. lol

Quote Originally Posted by gilliebean1 View Post
    I am expecting my referral for the Glucose test next monday when we see our OB again....dreading it! The short test wasn't bad when I had my son, when I had to go back for the 2 hour test, geez that's when i suffered! I nearly passed out at one stage and had to have a lie down hahahaha. Am hoping I don't need that one this time but I guess we will see soon enough!
    Hi Gilliebean, i am having the 2 hour test on the 22nd of October . I have never had one before, what does it involve? Does it make you ill? I was just going to go alone as I was told I have to sit in the waiting room for 2 hours (figured I would take my Ipad) should i rather take someone with me? I am not sure why I am having the big test at all. I haven't had the small one, I was at the low end of my BMI pre-pregnancy and I have no history of diabetes in the family??
    Last edited by Tommi; 08-10-2013 at 13:09.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tommi i have heard on the grapevine from friends who have been preggers that some Dr's just jump straight past the 1hr test to the 2hr test. Not sure why..maybe just avoiding having to send people back for a second test if the results are borderline, so they just bypass that first one? I'm really not sure to be honest. If I get the same I will ask OB why that is, because i would prefer to avoid the 2hr one if i could lol. I went on my own, the nausea did subside after a while, i think it was just the combo of no food and a super sweet drink plus the jabs! I just made sure I took myself off somewhere to eat something substantial before I drove home. You should be fine, everyone copes differently, and it might not affect you at all. If you are worried can someone drop you off and pick you up? Def take your ipad though, i wasn't allowed to leave the pathology place, other than sitting out in front of their main doors for some fresh air so it can be boring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you gilliebean! I do think that this is what has happened with me. TBH had i known i was not going to be given clearance to see the midwives which was part of my reason (major part) and who told me that I would have only needed the short test I would have stayed private. Hoping now that I can alternate between midwives and Dr's I will get better quality of care but atm i am not very happy with seeing Dr's at the hospital, i get a different one each time and they don't allow me time to ask questions and treat me like a number, whereas the midwives were fantastic at my one and only allowed visit with them.

I think I will be ok going alone now I have more of an idea what to expect, just in case I will let my best friend know so she can come rescue me should I be unwell. not looking forward to the test though and will definately be taking my ipad haha