Closed Thread
Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for adding me to the roll call Tommi, but I was just popping in because I was curious about the strong gender swing in this thread. Didn't mean to crash the convo sorry ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love all this talk about stats with boys! I find it really fascinating because, for me, when I think about it, the genetic make up of the egg and sperm are already there, it just depends on the particular sperm as to whether it passes on the X or Y chromosome. So if there is truth to the theory that there are more boys than girls born through IVF or ICSI or whatever, I wonder what it is exactly during the fertilisation process that would make the Y chromosome the dominant one? I find it really really fascinating! Could it be something in the culture media that affects the embryo? Is it just coincidence? WHO KNOWS!!! But i love thinking about it! There have been 4 babies born in our group at work since the beginning of the year, all boys! I am having a boy as well. Most of my friends have been having boys (not IVF, all natural) so there just seems to be so much blue around!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^ I read on another forum someone saying that of the 14 babies their midwife friend had recently helped deliver, only ONE was a girl! I wonder if there's going to be boy-domination in our kids' grades at school! Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovelys
    So are we saying at the moment its not a ivf thing its a general birth pattern???

Finally a decent day in wa ...no rain after weeks of it, sitting out back exposing the white legs to some sunshine!! a glass of vino and some soft cheeses would make it perfect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering what dates do you go on for bubs due date so far I've had 3 different ones but my midwife was confused yesterday. Going by Ivf dates it's the 25th of March, dating scan 26th, 12 week scan 22nd
    thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tantom I go by thw IVF date as it is the most accurate. The hospital is also going with that date even though my little boy has been tracking 4 days ahead at both the 12 week and 18 week scans.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours is also a 5-day transfer boy

Tantom - my Dr and hospital are going with the IVF dates - their policy is that they never alter the dates if IVF is involved.

If anyone wants to read about the stats I posted a few days back (that 5-day transfers result in 114.3 boys to every 100 girls), the linke is Page 48, www.aihw.gov.au/publication-d...id=10737423259)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow - it really is a boy heavy group. My first was a fresh transfer - day five and a boy. Bub on board was from the same batch - five day fet and is a boy.

Had a lovely catch up with my ob last week - gosh she's so sweet! Makes me feel so comfortable and is so reassuring.

Hot here today ... Really feeling the heat and it isn't even summer yet!!!!

What cravings have you been having? I usually hate ginger ale but I could guzzle a bottle of the stuff ATM. Plus chocolate but I think that's more of a standard thing ... Oooppps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish i was where you are Bunnikuns, it is cold up here today. Sunny but chilly.

No real cravings but I have gone through stages of eating practically one food usually lasts about 3 weeks:
    So i went through a hot chips and gravy stage (not a great stage)
    Salad Roll stage (my favourite)
    Nuts (roasted, salted, natural, peanut butter whatever i could get)
    Tomato and cheese sandwich stage which is kind of where i am now

Chocolate i think is a given, i wasnt normally a big chocolate eater but have been eating lots since being pregnant - wont be fun working it all off come february though.

We started painting the nursery last night YAY! we went with the aqua colour it is crazy bright but i love it and it will look amazing with the white and orange to contrast. Should hopefully have it finished by the weekend.

How is everyone going with preparations?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours was a 3 day transfer after PICSI. PICSI first selects the sperm that bind to the hyaluronan gel, and then a sperm is picked out of those to do ICSI. (http://www.cityfertility.com.au/picsi-ivf.html).

We are planning on keeping ours a surprise. So unless we accidently see something in a scan, it will be a surprise until the birth. The day before my transfer, a friend's DH had a dream that I had a little girl.

Bugger all preparations taking place here. I am still afraid of jinxing everything. We have a bassinet given to me for free and baby can always sleep in the bassinet next to our bed for the first few months. After that there is a kind of a front sleepout that joins onto our room, so once that is cleaned out it could be the initial nursery.