Closed Thread
Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayWA View Post
    Oh wonderful now I'm worried I haven't booked the classes either. Ha ha how funny didn't even think about Chrissy & new year who woulda thunk it ahhhhhhhh. So the answer is no I haven't booked them lol.
    I rang and left a message and the lady called me back, I'm booked for the birth refresher class on 16th November (but there was a space next month as well). So I think no need to panic ...have you received a letter from them outlining the different classes? If you haven't, just wait until you get that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ye I got the letter, went through it this arvo will call them tomorrow. I guess I just need to stop being so slack & start looking into these things. Thanks for the reminder tho I probably never would have remembered until after Chrissy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LindsayWA For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (23-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    No...my babysitters are on a cruise (that's my current excuse!) Am wondering whether monkeybars might have a class next term...will definitely let you know if I find something and see if you want to come with...

Did your mum arrive ok?
    Sounds good.

Yes Nanny is here! She was excited to see the nursery & feel her first kick.
    My folks just arrived back from a cruise too..... oh retirement!
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 23-09-2013 at 21:11.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (23-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnikins View Post
    Is anyone doing pilates or yoga ATM? I was doing pt but its getting a bit full on and have had to modify so much it's not really feeling worth it - I love pt as my trainer is lovely and it's forcing me to get active twice a week - I try to add a walk in each day down to the park or beach with ds2. Any thoughts on yoga vs pilates???
    I've just stopped my PT/gym program, since the weather is improving I'm walking 5-7km per day. I did a Preggi Bellies class on the weekend which I loved but their class times don't fit with my shifts so I probably won't be able to go again. There are yoga classes near me but once again they don't fit with my work schedule (grrr). Might try some of the Youtube ones at home.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Bunnikins  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies, I'm sorry I haven't joined in more. I've been smacked fair and square by the fatigue fairy! I haven't caught up with the latest so I hope you are all well. This is probably going to sound odd.....but I received my confirmation of my hospital booking with my birthing classes dates and it suddenly hit home 'OMG IM PREGNANT AND IM ALMOST HALFWAY THROUGH!!!!' Has anyone else had this feeling? Or am I alone in my bizarre thoughts?

Another question.....I've felt Benedict move a number of times but nothing for the last week...I'm only 19 weeks...is that normal or should I be worried?

well time for me to hit the hay, I hope you have wonderful weeks and ill try to stop in more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    cheeky - Someone told me recently that their ob said you only need to worry about whether baby is moving every day or not after about 24 weeks. Before that it's apparently normal to feel stuff and then not for a while. I'm only 16w5d and even so I stress every time I don't feel movement for more than 12 hours, lol. Try not to worry for now, but if it starts concerning you get it checked out.. if nothing else it'll make you feel better.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekynumum View Post
    Hello ladies, I'm sorry I haven't joined in more. I've been smacked fair and square by the fatigue fairy!
    She was at my house yesterday. Completely zapped me until after lunch. You'd think she'd wave that magic wand and do some spring cleaning while here.
    AFM....
    Going to pregnancy physio this morning regarding my back rib pain. Dr and midwife suggested it. Its a free consultation for suggested exercise and pain relief at the hospital I'm going too.

But then last night she was kicking so high I was dumbfounded. I did measure 26cm at 23weeks for fundal height and have always measured ahead for that and sat really high. But it did have me wondering again is it squished organs and ribs or her jamming herself into them?
    Im small framed so its only going to get worse.
    Anyway the pain is far to frequent throughout the day over last few weeks .... so we shall see what I can do to relieve it. Then it shall be one less thing to whinge about
    Have a great day lovelys may it be one with plenty of hiccups and kicks to keep us all stress free!
    Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshine - Out of interest, how did your back rib pain start? For the past week I've been getting mild aches and pains around the area of my lower ribs, particularly closer in to my spine. I also sometimes get discomfort lower down than that, which had me worried about my kidneys at first, but I think they're okay. My aches seem to get worse when I sit (in any chair/posture) for a long time, and often in bed too (also in different positions). If I get up and walk/move around, the ache seems to be relieved. I'm just wondering if it's the start of something similar to what you're suffering from. I have a short body, so I can imagine that my uterus wound be putting more pressure on my innards than someone with a normal/longer body..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Had my first obstetrician appointment at the Mater in Brisbane today. She was very quick, just checked my blood pressure, baby's heartbeat and my heartbeat. Then I had to wee in a cup so she could check my urine for protein. Everything is looking good. I'm booked in for another scan at 28 weeks.

Have given up on the home doppler since I can't seem to find the galloping horse easily anymore. I can hear movements and the cord beat and I think the baby is moving around all the time. Also now that the uterus is larger there is a big area to search, and more ways for baby to hide.

I can feel kicks, but it is maddening when I don't feel anything for a few hours and I start to worry again. The doc found the heartbeat straight away today (probably the hospital dopplers are much better than my cheap home one) but after a few seconds the baby moved again.

I'm also booked in for the antenatal classes at the Mater on the weekend of 23-24 Nov. When I called up they said that the weekend course was all they had left.

more later,
    Chook

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Sunshine - Out of interest, how did your back rib pain start? For the past week I've been getting mild aches and pains around the area of my lower ribs, particularly closer in to my spine. I also sometimes get discomfort lower down than that, which had me worried about my kidneys at first, but I think they're okay. My aches seem to get worse when I sit (in any chair/posture) for a long time, and often in bed too (also in different positions). If I get up and walk/move around, the ache seems to be relieved. I'm just wondering if it's the start of something similar to what you're suffering from. I have a short body, so I can imagine that my uterus wound be putting more pressure on my innards than someone with a normal/longer body..
    Hi Sariele
    Appt today was great. So worth it.
    Sounds similar. But m I ne is more lower to high ribs. Side than middle. Every day several times a day now. Sometimes few minutes sometimes fewhours straight!
    Mine started acutely early August and ive been persevering. Bit angry that my private gp/ob originally just said everything moving up ...ya ya ... normal.. numbness from pinched nerve. It was ob and midwife at public hospital that pushed me to get onto it.

Everything is tight pulling and straining muscles and crushing my ribs to compensate for belly and I was very restricted muscular movement, flexibility and mobility in my examination. I have exercises to do and she has scheduled me 3 free appts to start with. More if I require. .
    Shes didn't like that it was causing numbness.
    She said have to get onto it as will only get worse with bubbies weight. Wish I'd have gone weeks ago.

I thnk you read and hear how ribs gets pain and everything pushes up and yu cant twist and bend like pre pregnancy. I just accepted it was that and I was being a whinger or a woose. Seems its a bit more than that for me.

Are you public or private?... cannot believe the wonderful services public have offered me so far. Today i waited no more than 10 minutes. let me know how you go.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 25-09-2013 at 20:23.