Closed Thread
Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Twocam
    one lady I work with hasn't felt a thing and due same time as you. Her placenta is attached right at the front. The lady 2 weeks ahead doesn't seem to feel as much but her baby is measuring 3 weeks behind.
    Mine is low lying placenta previa so maybe that is also why I feel so much. ??? Nothing in the road

Everyone is different. Do you know where you're placenta is attached or how bubby is laying? Did ob mention if that would make difference?

Beening put on light duties from the get go and stepped down to two days means plenty of couch time for me to be relaxed and notice the small and big things too!

Now....tmi...
    Still waiting for a taker on sharing the hemorrhoid symptom..lol !!!
    I can't for the life of me understand why no one is envious of that symptom
    maybe its all that couch time ang guess where I am right now?

Have a great day all. Off to week 23 appt at midwife tomorrow. wishing it was an ob one and I could have a little grainy scan.
    Xx

Forgot to say ... actually had a good night sleep again and got to share bed with dh

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 12-09-2013 at 11:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinebell View Post
    Mine is low lying placenta previa so maybe that is also why I feel so much. ??? Nothing in the road.
    Mine is also very low, so perhaps that why I'm feeling so much too...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey All,

long time between posts. I have been busy busy between work and house renovations so apologies for my absence. Sounds like everything is going well, Pilbara i am with you after the FAS scan i have been much less anxious - took a few days but i am surprisingly calm, well I was till right this moment when i am panicking as I had rice paper rolls (tofu) for lunch and it contained mung beans/sprouts and didnt realise that it was a HUGE no no for pregnancy. I have been so good with everything else and completely forgot....I amfreaking out . The place i got it made it fresh for me before i picked it up and it was refridgerated and I trust they are safe with food handling etc however with sprouts and mung beans you can be super safe and clean and still bacteria can be passed over..so this should be a fun 12-72 hours waiting to see that I am ok and Petri is ok. Am i being overly dramatic? DH is telling me the likelyhood is soo low that my stressing out is probably worse for petri but it is just very difficult not to panic.

ANYHOO enough of that - I am FINALLY feeling little mr petri move about. I wasnt sure at first but now I am YAY! So very exciting. It is not all the time and i have gone a day without feeling it then back it comes. I have an anterior placenta which is not low so I think this is exactly why I have not been feeling anything till now and even now it isnt anywhere near as much as you ladies.

We have purchased the car seat & cot mattress WOOHOO oh and some cute as a button outfits. Waiting a few weeks till the nursery is painted and ready to make up before we do the rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Hey All,

long time between posts. I have been busy busy between work and house renovations so apologies for my absence. Sounds like everything is going well, Pilbara i am with you after the FAS scan i have been much less anxious - took a few days but i am surprisingly calm, well I was till right this moment when i am panicking as I had rice paper rolls (tofu) for lunch and it contained mung beans/sprouts and didnt realise that it was a HUGE no no for pregnancy. I have been so good with everything else and completely forgot....I amfreaking out . .
    OMG Tommi really.
    I had no idea mung beans and sprouts are no no to eat ... I eat them all the time.

I've freaked myself a few times with stuff ive eaten but just remember with our aussie food standards listeria is so uncommon.

And so happy you're now feeling movement... you wait each week will get crazier and stronger now. I love it... even when shes being a crazy monkey in there

Last edited by Sunshinebell; 12-09-2013 at 16:04.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard not to panic when you realise that you've eaten something off the "no-no" list, but tommi, your DH is right (this time ), the risk is very very very small. I'm sure you and Petri will be fine

yay for feeling movements! ...and starting to relax and enjoy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshine - yes I had read that anterior placenta (that's me!) means less movement but also that low-lying placenta (that's also me!) meant more movement...so I was hoping it would balance out

Tommi - sorry you got freaked with the food. I guess I'm a rebel and just really eat similarly to before. My in-laws all live in Asia & preggo women there regularly eat raw meat mixed with fresh cows blood I figure anything I could get at a food court in Australia wouldn't rival that! My middie suggested (a) know the risks (b) decide what risks you can handle and (c) find a balance that works for you as an individual.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

cheekynumum  (13-09-2013),Tommi  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    Sunshine - yes I had read that anterior placenta (that's me!) means less movement but also that low-lying placenta (that's also me!) meant more movement...so I was hoping it would balance out .
    Yeah im with you. Wheres the compromise in that? You'd think it should balance out!!

Last edited by Sunshinebell; 13-09-2013 at 07:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    Tommi - sorry you got freaked with the food. I guess I'm a rebel and just really eat similarly to before. My in-laws all live in Asia & preggo women there regularly eat raw meat mixed with fresh cows blood I figure anything I could get at a food court in Australia wouldn't rival that! My middie suggested (a) know the risks (b) decide what risks you can handle and (c) find a balance that works for you as an individual.
    I like your logic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning, feeling much less anxious today about the food thing YAY back to enjoying pregnancy again haha. Twocam i agree with Sunshinebell love your logic though I must say I probably wouldn't be able to follow through with it - too much of a stresshead I think haha.

Last night was awful, i hardly had any sleep due to being uncomfortable, middle of the night toilet trips and leg cramps. I told DH this morning that I love what pregnancy brings but hate being pregnant haha. Thankfully little petri's movements are not strong enough to wake me otherwise I may not have gotten the brief sleep i did get haha. I am sure taht will change very soon though haha

How is everyones weekend looking? We ares till doing house things, i am painting the ceiling in the nursery and DH is tiling STILL. Cannot wait for a break haha - which, as I am expecting a baby in 19 weeks will be never haha

happy Friday everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wk 23 midwife appt went well. Fundal measuring 26cm and bubby good heartbeat at 151.
    Have glucose test appt in 3 weeks wk26, next midwife appt wk27, and follow up baby and placenta scan appts wks28 & 32.... so it feels good. I like it when is not to long between appts.
    Was told today ob has note in my file that it has been decided if I go full term I will be induced, I won't be allowed to go over. I'm happy with that. I know there are pros and cons to it all. Fx placenta us moving between now and 28/32wk scans.

Well have a great weekend lovelys. I will check for your updates when Im laying with my post work kankles up tomorrow night!
    Anyone with appts or tests next week, exciting news or even worries???
    Apart from the few of us all very quiet in here lately, ......
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 13-09-2013 at 11:39.