Closed Thread
Page 60 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MariaA View Post
    ...old wives tale say the Linea nigra (dark line) means a boy ...
    Except in my case. I think they also say bumps that 'carry low' are girls? Well I'm also the exception to that one
    Last edited by Twocam; 31-08-2013 at 15:26. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! For all the great scans! ...go team blue huh?

...is sunshinebell the only one of us with a girl on board so far??? My scan is next Thursday, so we'll find out then whether we are team pink or team blue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you received such a thrashing sunshinebell ...stay over here in the safe zone! Xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (31-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    Except in my case. I think they also say bumps that 'carry low' are girls? Well I'm also the exception to that one
    Well then I'm an exception to your wives tale too. I've been told since early how high I am.
    I'm going googling to see what girl wives tales I do match.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies haven't posted for a long time but thought I would update you all. Finally met our OB last week. Very happy with her. She did a quick scan on blob who is starting to look more like a baby and less like a blob. I am 11 weeks today on Father's Day so getting closer to our nuchal scan which is on the 9th. Still nauseous especially in the afternoon and shocking heartburn and reflux at night. Still very nervous that this isn't real but trying to relax more. No Father's Day plans for us as I am at work and DH is home studying. Hope you have all had a good day and get some rest.

Oh I almost forgot we finally have a definite due date which is march 23rd. I am still guessing blob will come on the 20th as that is dads anniversary

Love to you all

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jedihouse For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (02-09-2013)

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am having my first evening in months with no nausea or heartburn - yay!! I switched my multivit from Elevit to Blackmore's as some suggested...and it does seem to help with the nausea as it stopped almost instantly. Funny, I've literally been taking Elevit for years with no problems, but even if it's psychosomatic I'll take that over nausea. The heartburn seems to be made worse by drinking fruit juice, so I'm going to keep off that and see what happens.

Congrats to all the good scan results of the last few days. We won't know gender til our morph scan. We have a feeling...but keeping that to ourselves

Thanks
    Reviews
    Littlesunflowers - yay on the multivit switch being a good thing

Pilbara - not long now until your scan either There seem to be a bunch of us with EDD's fairly close together. Do you have a boy/girl preference?

Jedi - I have had terrible reflux since about the day I got my BFP, so I sympathise I have prescription meds from the doctor that work reasonably well & are safe in pregnancy, you might want to consider that. In particular the meds helped me sleep better (because I wasn't waking up choking on stomach acid).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    Littlesunflowers - yay on the multivit switch being a good thing

Jedi - I have had terrible reflux since about the day I got my BFP, so I sympathise I have prescription meds from the doctor that work reasonably well & are safe in pregnancy, you might want to consider that. In particular the meds helped me sleep better (because I wasn't waking up choking on stomach acid).
    I switched from elevit and magic it finally went:thumbup:

Same reflux since beginning. Slowed up. But I still have to watch it. Such a princess NOT! Just charming isn't it. Lol

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jedihouse - glad to hear you are doing well!

littlesunflowers - yay for some nausea relief! I feel like a different person now that my morning sickness has gone

twocam - yes, there are quite a few of with close due dates! I keep oscillating back and forth between hoping its a girl and thinking how nice it might be to have a boy ...at the end of the day, I don't mind, I'm just desperate to know so that I can get excited about which ever one it turns out to be! Hopefully I don't get told the wrong one like that lady in the UK tat sunshinebell posted about!

...does anyone know how to start a role call with due dates and genders (for those who are going to find out)?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I've been laying low for a while. Still can't quite believe that I am 13.5 weeks pregnant! I've been waiting for the bad news at every scan, or waiting for cramps and bleeding, but I am relieved to say, beanie bubba looks like it's here to stay! So now that we've passed that 12wk zone, we've actually started to believe that there is no reason why this bubba can't go full term. Why can't this happen for us? It actually just might! Little miracle indeed.

At every scan bubba has been leaping around in there. Puts on a real show. It's so cute and it makes it real. After every scan dh and I high 5. We can't believe how clever and lucky we have got. I've been so lucky to have escaped morning sickness and really only began to feel tiredness in the last 2 wks. I've been weaned off all ivf medications now, so am waiting for the moonface to go down from the prednisone, and maybe a bit of belly swelling to go down, cos I seriously look 5 mnths gone. But I don't care. I'm pregnant!

The next ob apt isn't for another 4 weeks. I have no idea how I'm going to handle that. As an ivfer I'm used to constant monitoring, measuring, counting and conferring. Now it's like I've just been told to go away and grow a baby! Well I guess there's nothing more for anyone to do. Just carry on! So I will. Edd is 7 March. Can't wait. After all this time. .. is really happening. Xx

MusicalGal

MusicalGal

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (02-09-2013),Sunshinebell  (02-09-2013)