Closed Thread
Page 57 of 93 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What's mum's and mum's to be got planned for hubby for fathers day?

Hubby flys in Friday and out Monday so thought since he's home might be nice to surprise him .... just not sure how. ?..??

Gotta track down one of those soon to be dad cards too!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also wanted to ask and winge today about ....these things....

Anyone else having heel aches? Different weight distribution i think. I'm wondering if I'm starting to get a spur under my heel.

Puffer fish. Rings have been off for weeks. Cheeks are full.
    My thin shapely legs are slowly getting a trunk look. Where have my knees gone? From behind my knees are bulging, puffy and just as fat as the calf and thigh...which now looks all connected.
    My worst fear. I think I'm gonna suffer bad fluid retention from here on in.

Can't i just be all baby belly. Does it need to go everywhere else too.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning! less than 24 hours to go till my scan!! we are sooo excited, admittedly I am also alittle nervous but will be over the moon to see Petri and know once and for all that he/she is healthy. So fingers crossed!

Hi Gilliebean - Not long to go for you either!!! YAY! I hear you with the hurry up comment, it is killing me waiting for this scan haha. I dont think I have it in me to wait even another minute longer than i have to haha.

Gillibean you DS sound adorable, love that he was more interested in the little fish haha. Do you have a fishtank at home?

I hope that you are feeling ok after your fall, i swear that is one thing that terrifies me, glad to hear that you are ok and that you landed safely.

Sunshinebell, I have not planned anything for DH...is that bad? we dont have any children yet and I thought I would wait to have his first ever fathers day with Petri in his arms...should I rather be doing it now? We dont celebrate fathers day at all really, well i lost my father when i was 19 so i go to where his ashes are and sit by the pond and DH's father is interstate so we just give him a call.

Sounds like you are going through the wars at the moment Sunshinbell, honestly I have not experienced any of this yet. I do have some pain in the front of my leg that is new but that could be from walking....I have to say the worst thing I have is that my hips hurt during the night when I am trying to sleep. i have no idea why i end up tossing and turning and wake on my back which is not good, as I read you shouldnt sleep on your back during pregnancy. It is impossible to stop myself whilst asleep though...if anyone has any ideas how to stop this let me know - we tried putting a pillow behind me last night but I just moved it in my sleep haha.

i am off to keep busy so that my day goes by super fast in order to get to this scan tomorrow, have a great day everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey tommi.
    I didn't know whether to wait or not... I can hear dh saying.. im not a father yet!!! Lol.

I was having trouble early second trimester and midwife said try side but don't stress if you end up on your back. Its really from 30 something weeks you shouldn't. I had the bad hip aches then too. Every hour major pain. It settled ive had weeks of blisful sleep and only started again alittle recently.

You will be on cloud nine tomorrow... bet you're up before the sun! Like a kid at xmas! I was !

I shall just keep chugging water! Apparently not enough can cause water retention too.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 28-08-2013 at 15:05.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (28-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshine we didn't do anything in particular for my first "mothers day" ie when I was pregnant, but we acknowledged that it was my first because technically I had a baby growing so I was a mummy, I just had to wait until he was fully cooked! DS was a couple of months old for DH's first fathers day. You could always buy him a card and write a nice little message in it from baby that he is very excited that he has chosen your hubby to be his daddy and can't wait to meet him, or something like that (or maybe i'm just a little odd lol). Boris gets a mention on all birthday cards at the moment, and will also get a mention on DH's fathers day card (as does the dog!). There are no hard and fast rules though, if you want to do something to acknowledge it you can, but otherwise next year will be a ripper of a fathers day for him anyway!

I haven't suffered any swelling like that either in this pregnancy or my last (not that I remember anyway but I think its just one of those joyful things about growing a baby lol. And at least you know there is an end to it! Just drink lots of water and put your feet up when you can x I do get aches in my legs though, and my hips sometimes, just stiffness and my legs get a bit crampy, but certainly not to your extent

Yay 1 more sleep Tommi lol What time is your scan? I had a reminder phone call from our scan place this morning and I said to her yep, all confirmed, i just want Friday to get here (she didn't find the humour though!). DS is a bit adorable lol. We don't have a fishtank at home, but they do at his daycare, so he sees the fishies every day and points them out to me, but we kept saying oh look at the bit shark swimming over you, ohhhh look at that big stingray with the long tail, he was more interested in dancing on the walkway lol

I usually end up on my back as well, I try and sleep on my side but my body has other ideas when I am in the land of zzzzzzz! You can get full body pillows that will support you in bed, but not sure if they would stop you from flipping over if you wanted to! And you just moved the pillow in your sleep anyway hahahaha!

AFM oh my freaking god, I think I have had a belly explosion overnight!! When I left work yesterday I felt really really full and out of breath, and I thought Boris was trying to make a mad dash for the finish line via my belly button! And when I got home I said to DH my god my belly feels like its about to pop! I was just really mega uncomfortable. Then I wake up this morning and BAM! My belly feels like it has doubled in size lol. I was only talking to a couple of work colleagues yesterday that i wasn't really "feeling" pregnant and couldn't really see it (they were telling me i had grown in a week). Well I clearly spoke too soon lol! Hooley dooley!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (28-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sunshinebell, My scan is at 8:10am! YAY! i am so happy that we are first because i dont think i could have waited for an afternoon appointment again haha. SOOOO impatient just hope that Petri isnt that impatient haha. GETTING EXCITED!!!!! only 20 mins left of work until tuesday so also excited about this haha.

Cannot wait to hear about your scan friday!!!! YAY!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoy your scan today Tommi!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gilliebean1 View Post

AFM oh my freaking god, I think I have had a belly explosion overnight!! When I left work yesterday I felt really really full and out of breath, and I thought Boris was trying to make a mad dash for the finish line via my belly button! And when I got home I said to DH my god my belly feels like its about to pop! I was just really mega uncomfortable. Then I wake up this morning and BAM! My belly feels like it has doubled in size lol. I was only talking to a couple of work colleagues yesterday that i wasn't really "feeling" pregnant and couldn't really see it (they were telling me i had grown in a week). Well I clearly spoke too soon lol! Hooley dooley!
    Awesome!!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies! !! Still out and about but thought I would give an update on the scan. It was fantastic! Petri is a healthy baby BOY!!! Yay!!! They didnt pick up any issues well didn't mention any and said all was ok and he is still tracking 4 days ahead. Sooo excited. We have a son yay! Bring on January.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (29-08-2013),Sunshinebell  (31-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Tommi, congrats on your little man!! How exciting. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I got out of the shower earlier today, and turned to the mirror, and went, "what the??"... I'm already getting that line of pigmentation down the middle of my abdomen! I thought that was something that happened mid-late 2nd tri at the earliest! So weird. Also, I have my NT scan tomorrow, and I am SO scared. So many what-ifs doing my head in!