Closed Thread
Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Tomorrow DH and I are going to Singapore for a holiday - this was booked before we knew about the pregnancy. We knew we were trying ivf again but didn't think it would actually work, so wasn't planning around it. Doc says everything is fine and we can go. Next scan is not until we are back.

Last checkup was on Tuesday and my blood pressure and the baby's heartbeat were fine. We have our own doppler to listen to the heartbeat at home for reassurance. No definite baby movements yet, so it is hard to believe all that is going on in there. The other day felt something between bubbling and fluttering, that definitely was not wind, but haven't felt it so strongly since.

best wishes to everyone,
    chook

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Monday! What an amazing day it is today, the weather is stunning up here!

Thank you two cam and sunshinebell, we cannot wait for the scan - still a bit nervous but ultimately just glad to not have to wait another week haha i dont think that I could have made it. Good luck with your scan friday also twocam!! SOOO exciting!! I will be 18 weeks 6 days for my scan - is that too early? everyone else seems to be later. I think it is because the hospital is going with their date of 4 days ahead so i would be 19 weeks 3 days. I have no idea. Not that I will complain if I get two scans out of this haha

Welcome back Pilbara, I hope that you had an amazing holiday and that you are well and truly rested and relaxed.

Have a great time chook on your trip, perfect time of year for it as you will be leaving winter and returning in Spring.

How was everyones weekend? We had the FIL staying - which was .... ok...I am just over being grabebd at by people. Seriously the FIL walks in to the house comes over to me grabs my jacket pulls it open to look at my stomach!! WHAT? i was not impressed. Then the next day the MIL visits and starts grabbing at my stomach. i get that I am pregnant but honestly i am not a fan of being grabbed at. My family and friends at least have the courtesy to ask if they can touch my stomach. Safe to say that DH is going to have a word with MIL about how I am not comfortable with my stomach being touched without permission. I guess I am showing enough now in order for people to think they can do it so that is a good thing i guess ...

The Unity Walk on sunday was great, such a beautiful day, the weather was perfect, company was perfect and we even had a lovely picnic after. A great day for a great cause.

ONLY 3 days till SCAN! WOO

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (27-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow, exciting with all those scans this week.
    Ihad my 12 week scan on Friday and it was a bit nerve-wrecking as the nuchal translucency was not as good as it could have been, so my background risk (being an old hag) of 1:114 only went up to 1:350. So we decided to do the new fancy US-test. Will only get those results in two weeks. But in the meantime my “regular” serum results (PAPP-A and hcg) came back really good, so that the final adjusted risk is 1:2285. So a bit better and we probably would not have spent the money on the other test, if I had known earlier. Now I am hoping that the fancy test backs this up… So stressful… My partner calls it an expensive gender test now as he is convinced that everything is just fine.
    But otherwise the baby looked fine and measured 3 days ahead.
    Wishing everybody else a good week and happy scans.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LissyP For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (26-08-2013),Twocam  (28-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome back Pilbara. How did you travel? All ok?

Enjoy your holiday Chook

Tommi mine was 18+3.

Lissy check with your dr early. Mine came back 9 days after bloods.
    It was worth the dosh. Seemed nothing after all the ivf bills. Ir yes, you could see it as early sex confirmation!
    Good to see you're staying positive about it.

AFM
    I can't wait for more warm days.
    Bring on dresses.
    I'm over wearing pants.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 26-08-2013 at 15:39.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (27-08-2013),Tommi  (26-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, Sunshine. They said they'd call me as soon as they get it. Did you do Harmony or MaterniT21?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LissyP View Post
    Thanks, Sunshine. They said they'd call me as soon as they get it. Did you do Harmony or MaterniT21?
    MaterniT21. What about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Harmony. So it is a different company. They said once it hits the US, it usually takes 10 to 14 days.... It was sent off on Friday, so I expect that I will get it late next week or early the week after that. Better forget about it for a while...
    The annoying thing is that I would have probably been fine with the 1:2200 result and would not have worried but now since it has been sent off, it's hard not to think about it....

Thanks
    Reviews
    With those numbers it puts you miles above the high risk category.
    I would safety say you should put it out of your mind, just as you've said.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

LissyP  (27-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning everyone!

Lissy I completely understand you wanting to do the test based on the first set of numbers, thankfully the second set came back so great it must put your mind at rest. TBH i was tempted to send away for the results purely for gender haha SOOO exciting, just think in 2 weeks you will know what you are having YAY!

only 2 days till my scan! I had a moment this morning - pure anxiety about it but thankfully as I am at work and have had an insanely busy morning it has distracted me and I have calmed down...until tomorrow morning I am sure. Just 2 more sleeps - feels like christmas haha

Hope everyone is having a great morning and that the weather is amazing in your part of the world

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies!!!!

Yippee its scan week, its scan week, its scan week

I can't wait until Friday, I just wish that this week would hurry the F up!!!!!

Tommi glad you are feeling better, I quite like getting advise when its "go and eat a mars bar" if you aren't feeling great ;-) Scary though when you feel faint, so glad you are feeling better.

I will be 19+4 on scan day going by IVF dates, going by scan dates I will be 20 weeks, I would have booked in earlier but mum and dad are on holidays and we need them to look after DS1 hence booking it for Friday. our scan place asks for your due date then works back and gives you a window to book in, so as long as you are in the 18-20 week window you will be fine. I am pretty sure that I had my scan betweedn 18-19 weeks with DS1 and it was fine.

Wow that's a bit weird with FIL and MIL lol. Definitely overstepping the personal space boundaries there!!

LissyP congrats on a great scan result. It is hard when you have to wait for 2 sets of results. Our combined result was something around 1:2500 and we had had chromosome testing on our embryos so we knew anyway that he would be fine, it was just peace of mind. And that number was classed as low risk, but as you say its an early gender test, and certainty that bub is ok. When you pay a s&*tload of money for IVF, things like this don't really matter so much when it comes to $$, you will do whatever you have to!

Sunshine I am the same, bring on Spring!!! We have had some beautiful days of late, and I just get excited about hanging washing on the line and it actually drying hahahaha! Bit sad!

AFM we had a fairly good weekend, too DS to the Sydney Aquarium for the first time and he loved it! Was so cute seeing him get all excited about tiny little fish, then being so disinterested in big sharks swimming over him lol. Funny kid! I had a bit of a stack on Saturday night, was getting out of the car and managed to lose my footing and fell down into the garden and flat onto the ground! Luckily I fell on my side, my knees took the brunt so OB said that Boris should be totally fine and not to worry, but just another reason I want Friday to HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!!

So I went through all of DS's old baby clothes yesterday to see what we can salvage for Boris as they are different seasons! Most stuff we have is winter but will still need a few long sleeved things for sleeping I guess. I just can't believe that my big strapping 3 year old used to fit into these tiny clothes!!! It seems so long ago, and so surreal that I will be holding another little newborn again in a few months time! I really didn't know if we would be blessed with another little IVF treasure! Its just so bloody awesome

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (27-08-2013)