Closed Thread
Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Hi hun, congrats! I went through 5 full rounds and one FET, so I get where the nerves are coming from. I'm ten weeks tomorrow and I've had four scans so far. They've all been great, absolutely textbook, but I am still so paranoid about whether the baby's okay. I think for those who have had a rougher journey, this is normal. We just can't bear the thought of having to start all over again after things were finally looking up. The biggest comfort I found were statistics; with each scan I've been able to tell myself, "okay, your risk of miscarriage is now ***%", and of course that number has been dropping each scan (as of Monday, my risk is now around 0.5%). But this sort of thing isn't always comfort to everyone. And re: lack of symptoms, I have had virtually NO symptoms apart from bloating and constipation. No nausea, no increased peeing, no increased sense of smell, no funny metallic tastes, no intense cravings, and only a little bit of tiredness. The lack of symptoms freaked me out no end (as the ladies here will attest to, lol), but it truly has meant nothing at all; so far baby looks perfect. So just try and relax, but I know how hard that is!

Thank you so much. I do have an increased sense of smell which is never a good thing in my line of work. I guess I had myself all worked up to be hugging the toilet bowl 24/7 but I guess it is early days yet and it stil might happen. I dont have any more scans booked at this stage. I finally got in to see an OB, not our first choice but still a good choice. She doesnt see pts till they are 10 weeks so i am guessing we will organise a 12 week scan then if everything is going well. I am still and probably will be till I get over 30 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jedihouse welcome!

You're going in the right place for long journeys to bfps here.

After 10 years marriage & ttc, 8 years on the mery-go-round of fertility treatments .... we never thought we'd get here and now I'm 18 weeks pregnant.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 08-08-2013 at 20:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found out my HCG level is 3160 at approx 5 weeks today, it was 187 when they tested last week so they said it's fantastic when they would have been happy with anything over 1000 today! What a relief

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (08-08-2013)

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Arlais and Jedihouse Congrats on joining the BFP thread...and I am afraid the rollercoaster journey we've all been on doesn't quite end yet! I have been starting to feel more confident as time goes on, however - I still worry now and again but not nearly as much as I was a few weeks ago. Every milestone is a milestone, after all!

We had a scan today, everything looked perfect We were so happy I totally forgot to tell OB that the bleeding he'd told me to expect had been happening, oops! It seems to be disappearing now anyway, I can always call back if it starts up again. I was hoping to see the baby move but it was a grainy scanner and a quick visit. Saw a heart beat and a beating cord though, wonderful.

I feel a bit behind the times now as I am nowhere near buying baby stuff! Still feels like we have plenty of time...and I am hoping for a bit more energy in second trimester to be able to shop. I'm also hoping to stick to the basics and after the baby arrives work out if we need more than what we have.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all Happy Friday!

Littlesunflowers, congratulations on the great scan result! YAY it is so comforting to see that little heart beating away.

Today i am 16 weeks YAY! which means only 2 weeks and 6 days till the scan woohoo! For the first time this morning I took a tummy pic, i know it is late to start as I wanted to do it every week but have felt so awful till today and really just felt fat so left it until now. Now I have a bump - well what I think is one, firm not super hard but definately firm and i am unable to suck it in. VERY excited!

Hope that everyone is having a great day

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (09-08-2013),Sunshinebell  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awfully quiet in here the last few days, so I thought I'd kick things off again with some wonderful TMI chit-chat about Crinone discharge! After my last scan a week ago, FS told me to come off all of my prog. support (2x Crinone, 1x pessary, 3x Provera) cold turkey. I was too scared to stop completely, so I kept taking just one Crinone a day up until Friday evening. Anyway, since Friday afternoon, once or twice a day I've been getting my usual Crinone residue, only it's become a brown/tan colour and has flecks of old blood (mostly brown, but maybe a hint of pink??) through it. Along with this, I have had a small amount of sticky mucous too, also stained brown. The first time or two it happened, I disregarded it as old blood from irritation from my internal scan last Monday that was only just coming out. But it's been going for four days now (as I said, only once or twice a day though). So far, it's only been when wiping, and at this stage I'm not actually spotting; all the old blood is mixed with Crinone and mucous. Is it possible that this is REALLY old Crinone that's been sitting up there for ages and is finally coming out? I've been doing nightly "clean-outs" in the shower since I got my BFP, but I didn't make an effort to get... erm, "right in there", so to speak, so I guess there's a chance that some of this stuff has been accumulating for a while. What do you think? Sorry again for the rampant description and TMI.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Is it possible that this is REALLY old Crinone that's been sitting up there for ages and is finally coming out? I've been doing nightly "clean-outs" in the shower since I got my BFP, but I didn't make an effort to get... erm, "right in there", so to speak, so I guess there's a chance that some of this stuff has been accumulating for a while. What do you think? Sorry again for the rampant description and TMI.
    I have no idea, but I would think that as long as its brown, there's no reason to worry. If you are concerned, I'd call the doc who told you to stop the drugs and see what s/he says...

AFM - I'm in sunny Singapore! having a fantastic time, and trying not to stress too much about the lack of control I have over the preparation of my food... Have been walking a lot and am completely exhausted, may need to have a quiet day tomorrow...

Hope everyone is doing well xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele sorry I have no experience wilth your question and was only on prednisone, no supports

Had aching ribs on friday and weekend. Been sore and squashed for weeks but this bought tears to my eyes twice. Would come for few hrs then go. Then come back and go.The worst lasted about 10hrs non stop and I would swear that one was fractured it was so painful (of course wasn't) Couldn't move from position to another. Couldn't take full breath. Burping nearly killed me. But all gone by sunday arvo. Lol...can laugh now!

AFM
    Seen bubba girl again today 18 1/2week scan.
    Dh and student midwife there too.

All was great. I do have a low lying placenta, but not phased as plenty of time for that to move and its common at some point through pregnancy.

Bonus is I get extra 34 week scan. (Keeping that glass half full.... worry will get me nowhere)

Pilbara pleased you having great time.

Last edited by Sunshinebell; 12-08-2013 at 22:00.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning all!

I am starting by saying CONGRATULATIONS sunshinebell on you 18 1/2 week scan!!! I am sure it was amazing to see your little bubba and how she has grown. YAY! I am also very glad to hear that your ribs are feeling better, that must have been awful.

Hi Sariele as a fellow past user of crinone I can definately relate, it is awful awful stuff which i hope never to go one again haha. I was told by the nurses not to worry if the discharge is coloured brown or anything, that it was completely normal and yes the crinone sort of stores up i think and comes out in my case up to a week or so after stopping. NOT PLEASANT, thankfully it is a distant memory now haha. I do say however that if you are concerned you should talk to your doctor, always best to err on the side of caution.

Pilbara sounds like you are having a fabulous time! I am completely jealous as i sit hear in the office with my coat and scarf still on. It has been freezing in the upper blue mountains lately haha Enjoy the sunshine and the relaxation.

Today I am happy and excited, still dont feel pregnant haha I feel good, I am excited about our scan in 16 days and thankfully I am not feeling anxious. Hoping it lasts, have a great day!

HAHA I just read on tthe ticker that Petri's hearing is developing and it reacts to noise - i went to a wedding on the weekend that played the LOUDEST most AWFUL music - gee i hope Petri doesn't think that is what he/she is coming out to or he/she may just stay put!
    Last edited by Tommi; 13-08-2013 at 09:10.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (13-08-2013),Sariele  (13-08-2013),Sunshinebell  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im gonna say .... poor petri!

Tommi I will wish away the next 2 weeks with you, so your scan somes faster!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (13-08-2013)