Closed Thread
Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tommi - I'm pretty sure one of the reviews I read of the cameleon said they took their light coloured cover off and washed it and it came up as good as new . I think you can justify the price if you hope to have more kids, or even if you don't but you walk a lot... When I had DD I walked every day for about 2 hours for her first year, then we moved to a small town and I used the pram instead of the car, so if I was going to repeat that, I'd definitely be able to justify a more expensive pram. But, as it is, I have a 4 year old who's not big on walking much (but is too big for me to bother getting a double stroller), and we now live in the hills which makes walking most places far too difficult, so I'm unsure how much I'll use a pram. ...even so, looks like I'll not get away with much less than $800... I plan on getting a couple of slings (so far the hugabub wrap and the hugabub sling are my front runners)... I figure they'll be handy for the school drop-off/pick-up, and for doing the grocery shop etc...

sunshinebell - you've done REALLY well We are off on holidays until the 24th... I'll PM you after that and we can arrange to catch up.

man...all this shopping chat, all I want to do is jump in the car and go down to baby bunting now!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (06-08-2013),Tommi  (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know me too I'm moving into a new house and the baby's room is empty I'm waiting for the 12 week mark to come around so I can go buy everything and set it up 1 week to go!!!! So exciting! I'm getting the bugaboo buffalo the brand new one that's out I was tossing up between the donkey because its double if we have kids close together but it's big and won't go alot of places. So we have decided on the buffalo and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I'm jumping in - I'm only about 5 weeks today so fingers crossed it's a sticky bean and I'll be able to stay

I should be due at the beginning of April, but since IVF bubs do tend to come a bit early I have a feeling this little one will be arriving late March!

Had my beta and got a BFP on the 1st of August (HCG 187), so still trying to wrap my head around actually being pregnant. This was our very first IVF/ICSI cycle (male factor) so I feel completely blessed that we've had such a good result first time around

During the initial testing in my assessment cycle I found out that I have antinuclear antibodies so I had to start on prednisone before EPU to supress my immune system from attacking the embryo. After transfer I also had to start taking baby aspirin (to help implantation) and now I'm also having daily clexane injections to prevent the developing placenta from clotting. Luckily my progesterone levels have been fine throughout the cycle so I don't need any additional at this point in time.

I'm really glad that I'm under the care of a FS that tested everything beforehand as I've been reading stories of ladies who have had multiple miscarriages due to being +ANA and only finding out then that they needed some support to stop their immune system from seeing the embryo as something to get rid of

I have a BT on Thursday to check all my levels (weekly now) and I'm going crazy waiting for my first scan on the 27th!

So that's me, now I'm going to read back through the thread and get to know everyone

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's why I love BH! Knowing that everyone else is in the same boat and doing the same things I am. I thought I was been way too premature looking at baby furniture etc. I'm not planning to buy it yet as I'm only 10 weeks but its just exciting to start planning.

Welcome Arlais congrats on your BFP! Hope all goes well with your BT on Thursday xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kd0085 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Arlais! Congratulations

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the ivf bfp club alaris! It's an amazing feeling isn't it.... to have come this far. I still have to pinch myself after every successful scan. After 2 m/c I just can't believe that everything is actually going smoothly this time, and I'm 40! So darn excited and proud . I'd better go and touch some wood now. ....

So exciting to read all the shopping tips. I won't jinx myself til 12wks, but it's good to get all these tips n names of items so I can start looking in 2wks. I'm gonna have a little list to the side for the baby shower. People always want to know what they can get you as a gift, so everyone chipping in for an expensive item works well for everyone, like a rocker or sling.

Have fun everyone!

MusicalGal

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalGal View Post
    So exciting to read all the shopping tips. I won't jinx myself til 12wks, but it's good to get all these tips n names of items so I can start looking in 2wks. I'm gonna have a little list to the side for the baby shower. People always want to know what they can get you as a gift, so everyone chipping in for an expensive item works well for everyone, like a rocker or sling.
    I won't be able to have a baby shower, as I don't have any friends or family here in Brisbane. I'm not a very baby-shower sort of person anyway, but it would have been nice to have the option of holding a casual afternoon tea or something. Oh well. As for shopping, I SO want to start buying some smaller items, but like you MG, I don't want to jinx anything before the NT scan! I am going to head out to Target today (I need new PJs), so I'm going to have a little browse of baby stuff in an attempt to tide me over for now. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Arlais and congratulations!

I am having "one of those days" today, anxious as I dont know how Petri is. I know i am being crazy and irrational as I have not had any "bad" symptoms but i just dont really feel pregnant anymore, i dont look pregnant - yes I have put on weight and have a tummy but it has not gotten bigger....it is 3 weeks till my next scan which feels like forever away ahh.. So to distract myself I am on here haha...how is everyone else going?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I am having "one of those days" today, anxious as I dont know how Petri is. I know i am being crazy and irrational as I have not had any "bad" symptoms but i just dont really feel pregnant anymore, i dont look pregnant - yes I have put on weight and have a tummy but it has not gotten bigger....it is 3 weeks till my next scan which feels like forever away ahh.. So to distract myself I am on here haha...how is everyone else going?
    Pretty much the same as you! Once again the elation over a fantastic scan only lasted around 24 hours, and now I'm back to being paranoid again. My pregnancy has been textbook so far, there is absolutely NO reason to think that the baby isn't hunky-dory, but I can't shake this constant fear that it's all going to go wrong. Stupid infertility robbing me of pregnancy-happiness!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank goodness it is not just me, DH has talked me down..a bit haha his words were something like we should enjoy the journey now as it is and not as it could be, so I am going to try that one...as soon as I finish this cup of tea which i am hoping also makes me stop stressing. I have to say though that i have been sooo good up till today BOO! as always though you Gals on BH make me feel better

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (07-08-2013)