Closed Thread
Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay for another great scan musicalgal! ...nice to have the reassurance isn't it?

chook - how's your cold? Hopefully you are on the mend...

AFM - finally feeling pretty good I have my OB appt on Thursday (2nd appt, but 1st with my OB as he was on holiday last time). Then, assuming all is ok, we are off to Singapore for two weeks on Saturday . I can only feel bubs move when DH puts his hand on my belly, so each evening I make him sit with his hand there just so that I know s/he is still kicking around...he's away tonight, so looks like I'll miss out... Strangely, DH and I have both started referring to bubs as a 'she' even though we don't know the gender yet...does anyone else do that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    Strangely, DH and I have both started referring to bubs as a 'she' even though we don't know the gender yet...does anyone else do that?
    Yup, ours is getting "he", because I totally think it's a boy. My mum does too, and my cousin, so it's not just me! I will be blown away if we find out it's a girl, cause it will seriously be a huge surprise to me. We both have a slight preference for a girl though, so it would be a very nice surprise for sure. But no, I'm am convinced he's a he!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, Sounds like everyone is going great this week with great scan results YAY!

Nothing much happening in my world, busily renovating the house and preparing for my cousins wedding this weekend. We have sourced all the furniture and things for the baby's room YAY and will be placing orders in the next few weeks. Has anyone else started choosing a pram, rocker etc yet or am I the only crazy one haha. We have chosen the Bugaboo Cameleonfor a pram but the thing I love the MOST that we are getting is the Coco Bloom Rocker I want to lie in it haha!!

Only 3 weeks and 2 days till the next scan which is the biggie, finding out Petri's the gender (hopefully) and confirming that all is well (which I have to say is all i want to hear, it has been 3.5 weeks since our last scan and by the next I will be a basket case haha).

I have always referred to Petri as a he and DH refers to Petri as a she so we are going to be completely surprised either way I think, CANNOT WAIT YAY!

MS pretty much non existent anymore, new thing is headaches (BOO) and I am STILL tired!! i have to admit i am less tired than I was but still not back to my energetic hyper ways.

Happy tuesday all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't bought anything yet....but I sooooo want to! I already have a cot, a bouncer, and change table etc from DD, but I'll need to buy some new sheets, a pram, a mobile, I want a swing, and I want a couple of slings/wraps...plus some super cute clothes, some toys...the list goes on The pram will be my biggest purchase, I've been looking at baby joggers, but I shall now check out bugaboo Tommi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tommi we bought our furniture set on last day of eofy sales.
    Once we got the ds bloods back with negative and gender we went crazy!!

Furniture is all put together.now. I've watched all the cataloges and been price matching and getting things on special.

Got rocker/swing, play gym, baby accessories for nursery removable stickers, storage boxes, some wraps, mobile, summer sleepers, sheets sets, my nappy bag, monitor & movement pads, car seat. A few clothes in OOO. Nothing smaller as already given some premmie and OOOO from friend along with baby bath to borrow.

And will buy NO more clothes as they grow so fast its just a waste. Not to mention summer in wa! But my pram was budget! Lots was! Or on serious sale!

I don't feel silly as dh works a 2:1 away, so we only have limited time together to do things.

No way come Nov/Dec will I want to hit the shops in the xmas leadup. I come home with sore belly and legs from my long outings now!

Our glass is half full! Nothing is going to happen, so why not buy now! Spreads the dollars out too! And I love walking into little girls room!

Dh's home tomorrow. 4 ebay parcels of purvhases he's made arrived this week, so have left them to unwrap togetherveven though he said open them they are for you and baby! He's got the bug too! So sweet

People prob think I'm crazy....
    I have saved hundreds! I know it.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 06-08-2013 at 21:27.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (06-08-2013),Tommi  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! My god its been ages AGAIN since I have been on to say hello! I am so slack at this business lol

I have been reading through and its lovely to hear everyone's happy news stories and great scan results! Its all incredibly stressful! If you have bad symptoms, you stress. If you feel nothing, you stress, if you sneeze awkwardly, yep stress again! Thank god everyone here just 'gets' it

Sunshinebell you sound just like me when I was preg with DS1 lol. I had my transfer in November and I had all the big purchase items made by end January in the sales (just on 12 weeks)! DH was deployed at the time and wasn't due home until mid March, and I wasn't keen on waiting till June when bub was due in August (and actually came early July!). So I emailed him links to everything I found and had shortlisted and he helped decide and I just whacked it all on layby! it was nice to know that things were moving along and it keeps you thinking positive. This time around, I feel really bad because we really haven't bought anything for this bubba, all we have been focussing on is getting DS1's new big boy bedroom all furnished so we can get him moved and settled lol. Its always about the bloody first born isn't it (coming from a second child lol) hahahahaha

I am going to have to make sure I still do some shopping for Boris so that he feels loved and wanted and doesn't have a life full of hand me downs lol

Nothing much happening in my world, just plodding along until my OB appt next week, this period is going soooo slooowwwwww! First tri was all about IVF, BT's, first scan, first OB and NT scan, then after 12 weeks its limbo land for a while! 19wk scan is booked for the 30th August so just willing this month away! don't even feel remotely pregnant! some days I just feel fat(ter), other days I think yes thats definitely a belly, but otherwise, zip, nada, nothing! I wish somedays there was a little window in our bellies so we could just double check what was going on in there lol

So is everyone planning on finding out the sex of their little treasures?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (06-08-2013),Sunshinebell  (06-08-2013),Tommi  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Gilliebean.
    I've been missing the posts from the ladies due in Jan.
    Great to hear from you.

And I'm finding all the getting ready very therapeutic!!
    I'm now very focused on the future and the positives. It's like light years away from where I was at this time last year.

I want a window to my belly too...lol !!! Little girls been quiet for days now.

Last edited by Sunshinebell; 06-08-2013 at 13:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear from you gilliebean! We are going to find out the sex (for a while we weren't, but now we are again ) My 19 week scan is booked for September 5th...seems like ages away...

Sunshinebell - which pram did you get? ...they are insanely expensive aren't they (seem to have gone up a lot since DD), and I'm not sure i want to pay the price of the baby jogger (although its probably one of the cheaper options)... A friend of mine had a $1800 pram, and I have to say, I struggled to understand that...

bugaboo looks great Tommi, has great reviews online, but maybe a bit pricey for me (or perhaps im just being a scrooge), what colour are you going to get?
    Last edited by Pilbara; 06-08-2013 at 15:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pilbara
    I got a second hand steelcraft that will be perfect for first couple months, ALL accessories and covers included.... $40!!. Looks like it was a good one in its day.

And a hipod 3 wheeler on special from $290 (or something) down to $170.
    The rain cover, accessories etc can then go on it as they fit. Its 7kilos and 1 button & pull - on demo could pop it up/down one hand.
    Then one can be for car, one in garage for walking to park, shops.

Id like a sling too. Just deciding still....

Ith pram I just can't justify the expensive ones. Especially seeing how quick my sister/ & inlaws disposed of them.
    But thats just me. We all are different. And we overspent on nursery furnishings as got convertable bed and really good quality draws etc.

Would be easy if back east to have some family hand me downs!
    Two sister inlaws just selling there stuff now... and they are materialistic ( sorry hope I haven't offended anyone xx)

We should go to lunch soon! Maybe next week when hubby goes back. You going to baby expo this weekend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gilliebean, great to see you back on here. We are still definately finding out the gender - so long as little Petri cooperates that is haha.

Hey Pilbara,we have chosen dark grey base with off white topping for the cameleon. I have my doubts how long the light topping will stay clean though haha. We too believe the Bugaboo is expensive however we intend to keep this pram should we have another baby (which is definately a hope of ours) as you can replace all the fabrics on the pram for each child so we figure in the long run it will probably end up costing the same as we dont have to buy a stroller or a new pram for each child i have a friend who has used her bugaboo for 3 children just changing the topping colours each time.

I have also found the perfect nappy bag!!!! the Storksak Elizabeth in tan but it is so expensive - DH wants me to get it but I just feel like it is too much. we will see maybe santa will bring it to me haha

Sunshinebell i was thinking about getting a sling also just wasnt sure if I should or not, have you used before?
    I am seeing myself get out of control with what i want to get, as it is my first child I have no idea what the important things are and what are just money wasters. any advice is more than welcome
    Last edited by Tommi; 06-08-2013 at 16:23.