Closed Thread
Page 47 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    grrrr - got a cold again.

I am 16 weeks today, don't feel anything. My girth is noticeably large.

For me bloating started in the tww and my jeans were done up at the largest belt hole. After 6 weeks I could not do up my pants. I used a belly belt for a while but felt self-conscious that my pants weren't properly done up at the front. Ended up buying maternity clothes around 8 weeks just to be comfortable. It could have been a lot of bloat, but it turns out my uterus is larger than normal as well. FS felt my tummy around 14 weeks and said my uterus was already the height of my belly button, and that the large size is probably because of fibroids. Baby is normal size.

I had a bit of nausea, but only threw up twice. It went away around week 10.

best wishes to all,
    chook

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Got my fourth scan in an hour and a half. 9w3d today. Really hoping baby is okay, and that we see something that looks vaguely human rather than a shapeless blob, and that it's moving around at least a little...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there is chat for ladies due April/May/June 2014 yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Is there is chat for ladies due April/May/June 2014 yet?
    Doesnt look like it ...just go ahead and start a thread... Oh, and congratulations!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (05-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Got my fourth scan in an hour and a half. 9w3d today. Really hoping baby is okay, and that we see something that looks vaguely human rather than a shapeless blob, and that it's moving around at least a little...

How did you go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Saw Ob today and he did a scan. Can I just say it was the most amazing experience ever! We could see its limbs waving around like crazy. Such an active little thing. And we got to hear the heart beat for the first time. So much love for this little one already <3 makes the MS worth it.
    Hope everyone is well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    How did you go?
    Scan was terrific! Bubs was wriggling and waving around its little arms and legs, CRL was 2.65cm, and FS even showed us the pulsating umbilical cord leading to the placenta. He also zoomed into one of the hands, and you could just make out tiny finger stumps! It was awesome.

He also told me I could come off my prog. support cold-turkey (at only 9w3d??), but I think I'll still wean off it as I'm on so much. I'm going to drop the pessary, only take one Crinone instead of two for the next few days, but keep up the Provera tablets for now. Don't feel right stopping all together, despite him saying its fine!

Congrats Kd on a great scan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Kd and sariele ! So pleased to read that you both had great scans

Kd- just to give you some hope re the morning sickness, mine seems to have almost completely gone. I'm 14 weeks, and I now only have a problem if there is a bad smell around...it's lovely... You get some relief soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Sariele and kd! I had a scan today too and everything is still growing and beating well. Can't believe it. I've made it to 9wks 2 days! It was my 1st apt with Ob. He was very thorough and went thru everything for the next few months. We got to hear the hb for the 1st time. Couldn't believe it. His machine was quite grainy so we didn't see much other than a blob and pulsing heart, but that's fine by me! He also said I should start weaning off some of the meds. Wda has me on peroxicam and prednisone. I'll keep going with the supplements and prog but ween off the drugs. Won't b sad to see that monster prednisone go I can tell you!

Wave to all you preggers peeps out there xx

MusicalGal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay MG, glad your scan and appt went well! My ob didn't talk to us about that much in our first appt last week, he just took my basic history, gave me a good scan, talked about options for 12 week testing, gave me referrals for NT scan and Morphology scan, and answered a couple of random questions I had about travel/supplements/etc. He said something along the lines of "eventually we'll have to talk about the birth", but I told him I'm nowhere near ready to even think about that just yet, lol.