Closed Thread
Page 42 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Thanks everyone. But I still can't seem to relax and enjoy being pregnant. I was so relieved and happy after my great scan yesterday, but today I'm back to thinking the worst again, even though I know my risk of miscarriage is only about 2% now. Getting tired of this! I just want to be able to allow myself to think that I might have a nearly 5 month old baby this time next year, but my stupid negative brain is extremely sceptical.
    Sariele, I completely understand this response as I was exactly the same. not 24 hours after scan and i was anxious again about how Petri was. It also stopped me from enjoying being pregnant, I would not allow myself to get too excited just in case. I can tell you though that it lessens with each milestone. I still get anxious from time to time, this morning for example I was thinking "oh petri is the size of a lemon"...then finished it off with "Maybe if he is still ok in there"...but it is not every day and I feel like now that we have announced i am more excited and i am less pessimistic. I feel like (for me) the 18 week scan will be the end of the anxiety as there is no more scans after and at 20 weeks IF something happens we go to delivery suite which is a more positive outlook.

We are all different and we all cope in different ways, we have all been through so much to get to where we are now which is why we are anxious about outcomes. What i found helped me was I try to think of something positive and baby related when I feel anxious - so this morning I had my moment so to redirect I went on pinterest to pick some nursery designs...i dont know if this helps but hey we are all here if you need to chat

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (30-07-2013),Sariele  (30-07-2013),Sunshinebell  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maria its because she and others know about or have seen what you have gone through, but never actually had to personally experience it.

Big hugs.

Sariele and Maria don't think you're alone in your thoughts. Many of us on here were the same in our earlier posts at your stage. And I just spent the last 4 days worring about today.
    My little flutters and pops basically stopped before the weekend. Leaving me second guessing everything. To make mind games worse Sunday my rock hard tummy started getting a flabby feel.
    But I must trust now that by staying as relaxed and positive as I can will help both me and bubba.

Afm.. I have my student midwife meeting me at the Obs today. Our first joint consultation. We first met when I was 8wks preg. But as dh was hone she let us experience the first 2major ultrasounds ourselves.
    Don't know if I'd shared on here I had signed up for one?
    Dh supported my decision. I decided as soon as I fell.
    I believed strongly that it was medical science and the likes that got us here.
    And like everyone we want the best care going forward. The only way the young ones becone qualified and experts in their fields is through training and experience!
    So my 3rd yr midwife will shadow me to all appts. Can re examine along side Ob or other midwife once their examination is complete. Is there to get my strange questions and texts when needing reassurance or q's. And will be there to support dh and I during birth.
    (This is important too as dh is fifo and like today, she is there when dh can't be) (and as we have no family near us, likewise for the birth if dh is in transit come labor)

Have a look on bubhub guys. There are plenty of ads for uni 3rd year midwifes. As this is there prac and final year. Could give sone of you the extra support you're needing too.

She is nothing like your bf... no offence but maybe she's not b the right support person.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 30-07-2013 at 22:23.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

MariaA  (30-07-2013),Pilbara  (30-07-2013),Sariele  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was tearing up when I read your post, Maria (granted it doesn't take much these days for me...). This is just so unbelievably insensitive. I am very sorry you had to hear this. Your concerns are absolutely valid after everything you have gone through and you are entitled to your feelings. No one should tell you how you have to feel. It sounds like your partner and your friend are just helpless, so they tell you to "change your feelings" (so they feel more comfortable around you...). This is not how it works. They are there to support you and being there to just listen is one of the biggest supports there is.
    Hugs to you!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LissyP For This Useful Post:

MariaA  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for being so understanding. If anyone was going to "get it", it'd be you guys!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (30-07-2013),Sunshinebell  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went for a breast ultrasound this afternoon as a follow-up to one I had in Feb, because I have cyst-y boobs and my GP just wanted to double check everything. Anyway, the sonographer spent a LOT of time taking stills and measurements of two lumps in my right breast that definitely weren't cysts... I wasn't too worried until this evening, when I had a look at my films from February, and the lumps weren't there at all back then! The tech didn't say anything reassuring to me (or anything much at all in fact), and she just left me lying there for AGES before coming back to say I could get dressed and collect my films in reception.
    So now I'm freaking out a bit (I'm a hypochondriac, which doesn't help). They kind of looked like fibroadenoma, cause I already have one in my left boob that's been there for ten years, so I sort of know what they look like. But I'm worried about how fast they've appeared and grown: one was just over 1cm, the other about 0.5cm. Crossing my fingers that they're just something pregnancy-related, but there was nothing noteworthy in my left boob... HATE this stupid wait for a GP appt to discuss results, I wish a doctor could come and tell you right then and there "this is okay" or "this is a concern". *sigh*

I will be calling my GP's clinic first thing tomorrow to see whether they got my report faxed overnight or not, and to try and get in to see my GP ASAP. This is SO the last thing I need right now.. I was already stressed out enough about my pregnancy generally, and now this!

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele good to hear you are going straight to the GP - I think the best way to cope with any fears is to get professional advice as soon as possible. I hope it is just a pregnancy-related thing.

Maria it is definitely not nice to have the two people you're relying on most not supporting you when you need it. Have you thought about talking to a counsellor? I have one and it is so helpful - you can share your fears and they can listen without judgement, and also give you ways of coping better. All of us here know that it feels just too good to be true to be pregnant after IVF, and we've all been on these forums with many other ladies who've had things go wrong. It's understandable to be worried and hold back on being happy. If it's getting overwhelming, though, I would see someone who can help. You deserve a chance to enjoy the pregnancy.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

MariaA  (30-07-2013),Sariele  (31-07-2013),Sunshinebell  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All good news here tonight.
    Because I seen bubba again today.
    Bubba measured only a couple days behind (&to be honest Obs machine is pretty small & grainy &he said would be a few cms out).
    But seeing any picture, movement and heart beat is wonderfully reassuring.
    My fundal measures just over 20cm and well above my bellybutton. (So thats now my excuse for big early tummy!)
    Bubba is laying across my belly right where im feeling the tingles and ticking, which crazily came back this morning and has been there all arvo. Her placement being inline with my feelings is really exciting.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    I went for a breast ultrasound this afternoon as a follow-up to one I had in Feb, because I have cyst-y boobs and my GP just wanted to double check everything. Anyway, the sonographer spent a LOT of time taking stills and measurements of two lumps in my right breast that definitely weren't cysts... I wasn't too worried until this evening, when I had a look at my films from February, and the lumps weren't there at all back then! The tech didn't say anything reassuring to me (or anything much at all in fact), and she just left me lying there for AGES before coming back to say I could get dressed and collect my films in reception.
    So now I'm freaking out a bit (I'm a hypochondriac, which doesn't help). They kind of looked like fibroadenoma, cause I already have one in my left boob that's been there for ten years, so I sort of know what they look like. But I'm worried about how fast they've appeared and grown: one was just over 1cm, the other about 0.5cm. Crossing my fingers that they're just something pregnancy-related, but there was nothing noteworthy in my left boob... HATE this stupid wait for a GP appt to discuss results, I wish a doctor could come and tell you right then and there "this is okay" or "this is a concern". *sigh*

I will be calling my GP's clinic first thing tomorrow to see whether they got my report faxed overnight or not, and to try and get in to see my GP ASAP. This is SO the last thing I need right now.. I was already stressed out enough about my pregnancy generally, and now this!
    Hope you get some reassurance in the morning...weird things happen to your body when you are pregnant, perhaps the hormones have just made fibroadenomas grow more quickly...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinebell View Post
    All good news here tonight.
    Because I seen bubba again today.
    Bubba measured only a couple days behind (&to be honest Obs machine is pretty small & grainy &he said would be a few cms out).
    But seeing any picture, movement and heart beat is wonderfully reassuring.
    My fundal measures just over 20cm and well above my bellybutton. (So thats now my excuse for big early tummy!)
    Bubba is laying across my belly right where im feeling the tingles and ticking, which crazily came back this morning and has been there all arvo. Her placement being inline with my feelings is really exciting.

yay! Oh happy day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. 8 week visit to obs yesterday and all is well. Basically been kicked out now and won't see anyone for 4 weeks so I think they have given up on me and thrown me in the 'everyday pregnant lady' basket and I am very happy with that thought.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Des1102 For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (31-07-2013)