Closed Thread
Page 41 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one big healthy strong baby who was jumping around and waving at its mummy and daddy! Good heartbeat and measuring a day ahead of what I was last told I cried and cried and he couldn't take a photo ha ha. I love my OB he is amazing sweet kind and such a good listener I really am in good hands and there really is a baby in there so gorgeous!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MariaA For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (29-07-2013),Twocam  (29-07-2013)

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for good scan results all! Pilbara you've gotten me excited, feeling your bub move at 13 weeks - maybe I don't have long to wait!

I'm 10.5 weeks and we've only had the one scan, and we're thinking of not doing the NT scan which would make our next scan at 19 weeks, 9 weeks from now. I'm ok with that - as long as we can hear the heartbeat every few weeks I think that will be reassurance enough.

FS told me at our scan that he could see some old blood and that it would discharge at some point, so I wasn't too worried when that started...only a little worried. It came with twinging (not cramping, milder than that) so we reckon baby is growing and having a bit of a cleanup to make more room!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (29-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad to hear of the positive scans out there today! Sorry to hear about ur scare chook. This journey really does leave us all on the edge of our seats. Hardly seems fair all this waiting, wondering and worrying. ...

I'm after a bit more info on the USA blood tests for downs. I understand there are only 3 places in Australia that take the blood and send it to America for testing? I will have a high risk for downs cos I'm 40yo. I live in Cairns but am heading to Melbourne next week (for the Pink concert! ) so could do it while I'm down there. ... any info would b appreciated

MusicalGal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MusicalGal we did the tests your chasing info on.

If you look back at my posts I have put the mobile number for the australia representative for MaterniT21. I though someone might need it... but also hoped they wouldn't.
    There are plenty of places aus wide that do the bloods. I had choice of 4 places here in Perth.
    Took 6 working days, 9 day s for return of results. Quicker than the ivf xpected 10 working days.

Service from Eileen (the national rep ) and whole experience ... definately worth the $1250.

Pm me if you need. But look back in my posts.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 29-07-2013 at 22:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And from memory iGene is the other one. Theres gets sentvto Singapore. .. I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found Eileens number for you.....I post about in on pg 24 ... sorry hun on phone and can't copy and paste

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele and mariaA - Great news on your scans!

chook - glad everything is ok and the bleeding stopped. Rest up!

little sunflowers - we didn't have the NT scan with DD, but I had it this time just for the added reassurance.

Musicalgal - you may not end up being high risk, so no need to panic. I'm 38, and without scan and bloods my risk was something like 1:142, but after blood and scans it changed to 1:748... But, if it will put your mind at ease, its worth the $$ When is your scan?

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. But I still can't seem to relax and enjoy being pregnant. I was so relieved and happy after my great scan yesterday, but today I'm back to thinking the worst again, even though I know my risk of miscarriage is only about 2% now. Getting tired of this! I just want to be able to allow myself to think that I might have a nearly 5 month old baby this time next year, but my stupid negative brain is extremely sceptical.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele it's hard I totally with u!!! I feel so much better after my scan yesterday I was totally convinced there was no baby but when I saw my little one waving at me OMG I can't even describe how I felt.

I feel alot of pressure from DH and my friends because I'm a born worrier I suffer bad anxiety which in turns makes me a sort of negative person ill always find the bad in something but DH and my so called best friend yell at me on a daily basis because of this, so now instead of being able to talk to 2 very important people in my life about how I'm feeling and my worrys I have to bottle it up and put on a brave face and it makes me sad. My BF who is a midwife who I want to deliver my baby upset me so much I overheard her talking telling my other friend she didn't want to be in the room let alone deliver my baby because I was to hard work and she would punch me out I mean nice huh I got home and cried how can my friend say this about me after she knows what I'm like and what I went thru to become pregnant. I need new friends maybe....

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele and mariaA- I think we are all very similar on here. Even though I had lots of MS, I was still convinced before each of my scans that the baby had gone. My DH is the eternal optimist, so he looks at me like I'm completely crazy whenever I say I'm anxious or that I'm afraid something has happened. It doesn't help that we've all been through such a difficult journey to get pregnant, I know in the back of my mind I think that if I lose this baby there won't be another one for me, and I'm sure that compounds the anxiety...

mariaA- I'm sorry the people in your life aren't understanding. I honestly think there are very few people who haven't done IVF who can understand the place that we are all in. My advise to you would be to vent all your stresses and anxieties on here and try to avoid sharing them with your BF since she so clearly does not understand. I guess as a midwife her daily experience is that healthy babies are born all day long and she would rarely catch a glimpse of the issues that might have taken place along the way, or what is sometimes involved in making those babies. Shame on her for being so insensitive, and big hugs to you

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

MariaA  (30-07-2013),Sariele  (30-07-2013),Sunshinebell  (30-07-2013)