Closed Thread
Page 20 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    oh sunshinebell - I am so sorry to hear of your outcome, must be so stressful and distressing for you and DH.

Btw - have you heard of this new blood test which they do in america. You get your bloods taken out either at hanly douglas moir (they charge $1,320 and no medicare rebate) and sydney ultrasound for women charges $700. The blood gets sent to America where they test the DNA of the baby which is present in the mothers blood to check for any abnormalities. They can also check gender with this test, apparently it is 99.6% accurate and it was in current affair in March this year I think. I did this test and will get my results tmrw, I didn't have to do this test as my NT results came out really well but DH and I opted to do it anyway, this rest is more accurate than the NT results. Apparently this test will replace CVS and aminio etc at some stage.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kalshy For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (04-07-2013),Sunshinebell  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshinebell, it sounds like you are a candidate for the new MaterniT21 test. Have you discussed that with your doctor? It is just a blood test that screens for Downs and also Trisomie 13 and 18. It seems to be as accurate as amnio but without the risk of MC. I think the downside is that it is expensive and not covered by Medicare but it sounds as if it worth looking into.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LissyP For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (04-07-2013),Sunshinebell  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, Kalshy, you were quicker!

Thanks
    Reviews
    May I join your thread? This is actually not an IVF pregnancy but we have done 6 ICSI cycles total. We have MFI and I have severely diminished ovarian reserve...(dreamteam..). Two cycles were cancelled because of no response and I had 4 stim cycles that resulted in transfers (2 embryos each time). I did fall pregnant on the third cycle and had a strong first beta but then at the first scan the embryo measured a week behind. And although we got a heartbeat at 7 weeks, I lost it at 8 weeks. I never had any spotting etc beforehand. After that we had another cancelled and another unsuccessful stim/transfer cycle (Feb 2013) and I was just gearing up to switch clinics when my partner did not want to continue. So we quit and I was devastated.

Believe it or not I fell pregnant naturally. Got my BFP on June 28th and went straight for a blood test. It was about 16dpo and my hcg was 630. 4 days later it has risen to 4289, which is a great relief for me. So I am trying to be cautiously optimistic but mainly I am scared, anxious and nervous.... My first dating scan is next Wednesday at 6w0d.
    It would be great if I could join you as I feel that this journey has been so incredible tough up to this point and it would be great to share it with women that have shared a good part of it.
    Last edited by LissyP; 04-07-2013 at 16:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lissyp

congrats and welcome

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kelly oreilly For This Useful Post:

LissyP  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So FS just called said my blood test looks good my levels went from 4100 to 22000 in a week I don't know if that's good or not. And moved my scan forward to next week not the week after so I'm wondering wether that's a bad thing or not... Why can't I just be happy and positive why do I have to analyze every tiny little detail...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome lissyP - congratulations! ...stick little miracle bubba, stick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MariaA View Post
    So FS just called said my blood test looks good my levels went from 4100 to 22000 in a week I don't know if that's good or not. And moved my scan forward to next week not the week after so I'm wondering wether that's a bad thing or not... Why can't I just be happy and positive why do I have to analyze every tiny little detail...
    I know nothing about the numbers, but if your FS says its good, then I'd be thinking it must be good. As for your scan, you'll be 7 weeks then right? That seems to be when everyone has their scan, so no need for panic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MariaA View Post
    4100 to 22000 in a week is HUGE! I'd say it's very good!

Oh, and despite getting two good betas, I'm finding myself to be completely unable to be happy and positive, so I get that. But with your hcg I don't think you have too much to worry about at the moment.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

MariaA  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshine...hun good luck with decision-making. I totally get where you are coming from. At my age (41yo) I've already been warned that I'll be starting with something like a 1:90 or 1:100 rating. Our scan is next Monday and we won't have the results until the following week. My doctor will not recommend the blood test because she says there's been insufficient statistical reporting on it in Australia and patients often feel like they still need amnio or CVS because the blood test is not 100% reliable.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (04-07-2013)