Closed Thread
Page 19 of 93 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Look, its really hard. And I myself am certainly not one that is good at being told what to do hahaha! The time will probably come when you will have to say something subtle like, I really appreciate your concern, but I really do need to move around a bit/clean this desk/do this filing, (or whatever the case is for your job) because not moving for too long makes me feel uncomfortable and I need to get the blood flowing, but would you mind moving these boxes/files/carrying this for me, or something along those lines. I am not sure what you do for work, I am a legal secretary so we are in the middle of an office reshuffle in our group and 3 of my lawyers are moving offices, no way in hell I will be packing boxes and crates let me tell you lol. And I haven't told them I am pregnant yet, other than the woman I job share with, and she tells me what i can and can't do from a distance. leave that for me, I will do it next week, don't you worry about that, i will sort it out next week. Don't you dare do any archiving, I will get to it when I can. She is lovely!

You don't want to offend anyone because you have to work with them, so its hard to find that middle ground where you can tell them to buzz off, but get them to do it carrying stuff for you at the same time lol

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations and welcome MariaA and Sariele. How exciting.

MariaA - btw not everyone gets morning sickness..I never threw up but had nausea kind of yuck feeling and lost my appetite at 6weeks,, i know some people don't feel anything at all.. I used to get so tired though.. now I feel more energetic..

Twocam - all the best for your scan not long to go is it..

Everyone tells you do this or do that ,, i think the best thing is to listen from one ear and let it out from the other.. and just do what you think is right and best for you and the baby.. no one else knows your body apart from you..

Have a good day girls..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome everyone! I'm very relieved to report that my hcg was 1290 today, a 38 hour doubling time from Monday. FS told me to come in for an early scan in a week to see whether there's one or two sacs in there. I'll only be 5+5, so he emphasised to me about three times that it will be too early to see a heartbeat, which of course I knew. But I'm heading to Perth the next day, right up until 7+2, so I think he thought it might be nice for me to see what's in there to maybe give me some reassurance before I go on holiday. Fingers crossed the bub/s is/are growing beautifully in there. I won't have any more betas now, so I will just be wishing and hoping that everything keeps doing what it should be....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tinker- sorry to hear about your scare. I completely agree with gilliebean. If people are going to insist you sit down then set them tasks. They'll either stop telling you what to do or you'll get a lot of things done for you (within reason of course). You will need to learn to smile sweetly at the "well intentioned" advice from every family member, friend and stranger who feels they should tell you how to raise your child. You can start to feel like a really bad mother.

Just out of curiosity what sort of twins are you having Tinker? We're having twins as well but ours are identical (monoamniotic, monochorinoic twins). I'm having trouble finding others with MoMo twins.

Gilliebean- I can totally sympathize with the being tired all the time. With DS I would have a nap every afternoon when I got home from work. This time I can't do that. My nana naps on the weekend make me feel so much better!

Tommi- believe it or not Target and Kmart aren't too bad for maternity clothes. I invested in a more expensive pair of black pants for work and then bought heaps of cheaper tops. I also bought 2 pairs of maternity tights which are brilliant for those colder days when you wear a skirt. I also bought a couple items off ebay and got a few really good bargains. Maternity clothes tend to be very gently worn.

A big to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gilliebean - mine is 11:15am, how about you? They've said my results won't be back for at least a week so I won't see my GP for the results until the 16th. Funnily enough I am having the "potato thing" .... have literally been eating everything potato based since week 5....probably why I've put on 4kg already. But I find eating is the only thing that keeps the acid reflux down!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies ...just a quick one from me, and no personals, sorry, I'm on the iPad and I can't see who said what...my fault for not getting on here sooner!

welcome to the newbies, and congratulations!

Im not quite 10 weeks, and for me the nausea started at about 5 weeks, but has really ramped up over the past few weeks. I throw up everyday. I dry retch all day long...

I too am eating my body weight in chips, but for me it's plain...think I might try some salt and vinegar though, you might be onto something!

As for maternity clothes, my stomach has really popped out over the past few days...far earlier than with DD. I only have one pair of pants that is not uncomfortable around the waist to wear, so I dug out all my old maternity clothes (they were in a box in the garage) and have started wearing them. I feel a bit stupid about wearing them so early, but it's that or buying bigger clothes... My main concern is that we haven't told many people yet, and I really want to wait at least until after my OB appointment on Monday... (Not long to wait, but it's my DDs 4th birthday on Saturday and we'll be seeing a lot of family members who might be offended that they weren't told before it became "public knowledge")... Probably I'm worrying unnecessarily!

is anyone else on a really short fuse emotionally?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies.

I do appologise for my absence but it ha been hectic town at work. damn EOFY!!

Firsty welcome to all the new Ivf mommies-to -be joining this thread, you will love the knowlege these women possess and we wont judge you for being neurotic and obsessive !! ha ha ha

so, speaking og obsesive, i am currently 11w 5 d.....not long nowm and i hired a fetal heart rate doppler, it arrived yestreday, it took me like 20 mins to find it first of all then i found it, the most beautiful sound ever!! then i did it again this morning.. Honestly i dont think that would ever get old.

im a little late with this topic, but my hubby and i have called our bubs "po" reason is, on my 9w3 day scan they out it in 4d and it looked like apotato!! ha ha so yeah, jsut stuck.

as for symptoms, nausea, no sickness, ended 9 weeks on the dot,had a couple of sik feeling monents here and there but pretty much gone, boobs arent sore ad havent been since 9 wks, before that thought i actually had to dry my chest witha hair dryer cause the thought if a town on them made me cringe .haha

I am a pretty healthy eater NORMALLYbut when i first got preggers that took a down ward turn, now nausea has gone its noce to be back to clean eating

hope all you ladies are well, i have my NT scan monday and i will be 12 week and 1 day then!!! will get back you all then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lovelys
    Some big decisions to make after Tuesday Ob appt and nt results.

As im 37 this already puts me in high risk category for downs.
    My result came back as 1:168

Due to ages we'd like to know 99%.
    reasons being we won't have sibling for bub & after living with a special needs adult's family when I was 17 I truly understand the life time commitment for care. Who will look after them when we age. Dh is 42. At this time in our lives its different to 10yrs ago and I don't feel we could take on a special needs child
    I just can't stop thinking about the misscarriage risk. After 18 years together and 8yrs ttc....this being our first ever miracle pregnancy, how can I take the misscarriage risk.

For those ahead of me or have children my pappa a also came in at .49, apparently it is supposed to be 1%. My understanding of this is that my placenta isnt getting enough pregnancy plasma through to bubba.

All this ontop of already being highrisk because of my septate uterus... with fear already of having premmie baby.

I had the amino councellor ring yesterday. She was lovely... but decision is still ours.
    So confused. Dh doesn't think take risk of misscarriage. Im scared to death of misscarriage but also worried what if we are the 1in 168.

I had a headache all day yesterday. .. I think from thinking about it. We have told everyone we are pregnant but keeping this to ourselves. Only sharing with you

I said to dh Tuesday. .. my boby just wasn't made for babies. I know I should not stress and stay positive

Sorry for such a downer note. Tears are coming... signing off

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 04-07-2013 at 13:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshinebell.

I actualycried reading this, i wish i could just hug you and tell you to stop crying!!

i dom thave any words of wisdom or anything that will make your decision early but you have to take faith in what ever your hubby and you chose to do it the right decison.

by saying that though... 1 in 168 is still a good odd of things turning out ok.

i reallly hope everything works out for you , what ever that may be, sending you cyber hugs and hope x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kelly oreilly For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshine bell What a stressful journey this is... I have no answers for you either, but I agree with Kelly, 1 in 168 is still good odds of everything being fine...

(Is there another option than an amino? I have a vague memory of someone discussing on bubhub a less invasive (but maybe expensive) test... I'm not sure.)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (04-07-2013)