Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OMG...salt and vinegar chips...making pregnant women feel better since 2013

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gilliebean - you poor thing vomiting 4 times a night and with a sick dh... hopefully in a few weeks you will start to feel much better..

I am starting to feel better now,.but the nausea hasn't gone away completely..

sunshinebell - omg same here, I started showing when i was 12 weeks.. and it;'s so obvious now..i actually look like I am 15 or 16 weeks maybe..with me it's just the tummy growing.. I can notice it every day.. last week in the mornings my tummy used to look small but this weak it doesn;t it looks quite big.. pple have been asking are you sure you are not having twins lol!! as if I don't know..
    maternity clothes are quite expensive.. I only bought 2 skirts and 2 pants maybe they'll last me till I am 7months.. atm I don't have clothes to wear out..

My boobs are also the same size, seems like they haven't grown at all... lady at work tells me don't worry by the time you have your baby they'll get massive..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, just dipping my toe in here. I got my "official" BFP yesterday, although I've been madly POAS for over a week and even had a sneaky BT via my GP on Thursday, so I knew it would be a BFP. But I was SOOOO nervous about doubling time from my Thurday BT.. not to worry though; I went from 77 to 539, which was 33 hours doubling! Whew. I have my second clinic beta tomorrow, and I am starting to get nervous all over again. This was our 5th full stim cycle in a year, and 6th transfer overall, so it is a big relief to finally get a BFP, but I'm terrified that it's not going to stick, or will be ectopic or something. Even just posting in this thread and giving myself a ticker I feel like I'm jinxing everything! We had 2x expanded blasties transferred, but I'm thinking it's only one in there since my numbers aren't huge. Anyway, I'll just be stalking this thread mostly for now, until I have confirmation that there might actually be a live baby inside my uterus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

New here!!! Hope your all well and happy! I'm 6 weeks today after second IVF cycle which brings me to be due around 25th feb. my levels at 4 weeks were 250 5 weeks were 4100 and I have another 2 bloods tests before my 8 week scan. Waiting for that dreaded phone call every Thursday kills me! Apart from being tired with sore boobs and cramping every now and then I'm feeling ok. When did everyone start there morning sickness? I know this sounds stupid but I'm kinda hoping it comes so I know my peanut is ok. I'm so happy and so excited but so nervous and scared and just can't wait till I can relax and enjoy this its just so hard!

Lots of love xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome MariaA and Sariele and congrats on your BFP!

MS for me started slowly around 6ish weeks and then got really bad from 8 weeks to 11 weeks. It's finally eased off now.

The wait for a scan is an absolute killer!

Gilliebean- I've heard that about salt and vinegar chips. I'm a bit salt adverse right now. I only want things that are sweet. I've never eaten so many chocolate biscuits!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MariaA and Sariele congrats on your respective BFPs.

Gillibean... Salt'n'vinegar chippes YUM and I can't even blame MS, I just love them all the time

Sunshine and Kalshy....I'm 11+5 and already out of my tighter work pants & jeans, although the baggy ones are still okay. I bought one of those expanders that buttons onto your jeans but it doesn't really work for me at this stage - maybe I'm not big enough to really need it yet? I think most of my gain is weight and not baby at this stage, I have lost my hourglass waist and currently resemble a barrel! I bought some maternity jeans on sale at Pumpkin Patch for 50% off earlier this week. I then went to Big W and bought a couple of really cheap plain skirts for work that were just one size bigger than my normal size and they will do me for a while I think.

My 12 week scan is on Monday 8/7 and I'll be 12+3.

Hi everyone else hope you're all having a good week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your BFP's MariaA and Sariele!!!!

Sariele I was the same as you, in fact I still am. I cannot believe that we got a positive and now I feel like something is going to come along and steal it away.

MariaA the nausea started early for me I actually felt off at 4 weeks which was the friday before I found out I was pregnant. because I am a complete pessimst I had assumed the transfer didnt work and I had been "poisoned" by a sandwich I had eaten earlier that day haha. Glad that was not the case and it was pregnancy instead. that said it came and went i didnt have it every day. Everyone is different, you might be super lucky and not experience MS, I personally didnt have and still dont really have the sore boobs thing i freaked that I was weird and it meant something was not ok with the pregnancy but no all has been well so far so good.

I am 10+5 weeks today and my clothing is getting tighter, I am sure it is less to do with Petri and more to do with the large amount of junk food I have been eating though haha. I have not purchased new clothes yet just not wearing my fitted dresses to work anymore choosing the more flowy styles haha. I checked out ASOS online and their maternity range is fairly reasonably priced, anyone else seen decent maternity clothing. Once i know Petri is happy and well I think I will make some purchases and prepare for the inevitable move to maternity clothing haha.

8 days till my scan!!!!!! nervous and excited!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, Hope all are well and pregnancies going strong.

I had a scare earlier this week and started spotting. The OBGYN checked me out and said all was good (thankfully!) and the babies are both healthy and strong and that I just need to rest more if possible.

Since the scare I've had so many comments from well intentioned people in my office telling me that I shouldn't do so much and that I'll lose them if I don't do as they say and do nothing more than just sit and my desk.

I'm not being silly and I don't feel like I'm doing too much or more than I can handle. I'd never intentionally hurt the babies. But the comments I'm getting are making me feel like, if something goes wrong, it's all my fault and that I'll have brought it on myself. They are actually made me feel like I'm harming them because I reached above my head and very light sign down just before the spotting started.

So, just a quick question for everyone, is anyone having troubles with people constantly telling them what they should/shouldn't be doing? What can you say/do about this unwanted advise?

I know everyone means well (and I completely understand where some of the comments come from - e.g. one of my friends has lost one baby at 20 weeks and keeps reminding about that and telling me that I should listen to her because of what she's been through). But every pregnant is different and just because she had a miscarriage with spotting doesn't mean I will.

Am I being silly and over sensitive about this? Can someone please give me a slap if I need it and help me put this back in perspective?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Sariele and Maria! Congrats to you both on your BFP's. The wait to the first scan is sooooooo horrible! But I hate to say, well with me anyway, it doesn't get any better lol. Its still stressful between appointments and scans and waiting to see that our little bubbas are still ok in there hahaha! But it does get easier! MS for me has only just started, and I am 11+2 today - I haven't really had bad morning sickness, and no vomiting other than from a stomach bug that we have all had, just a general feeling of grottiness, being off food, feeling unwell etc, but the exhaustion, omg the exhaustion!!! I don't remember being this tired when I was pregnant with my son, but that's prob because I could sleep when I wanted and didn't have a toddler running around lol

CD my "needs" are weird this time around lol When I was pregnant with my son I couldn't get enough potato. There wasn't enough in the world to satisfy my need for all things potato lol And homemade spring rolls, not bought ones, they had to be my homemade ones, and as hubby was deployed at the time, it was only me and i was making, like, 20 big spring rolls, eating 4, then thinking oh crap lol This time around I swing from sweet to savoury in the click of your fingers, potatoes are actually a turn off at the moment, but tomorrow I will be desperate for them again! Its so strange, but I love it all the same! but my god S&V chips yesterday..I ate 3 packets and could have gone back for more lol

Twocam we share a scan day! I can't wait to get there, what time is yours?

Oh tinker sorry to hear about your scare, so glad your little babies are ok! it is a tough situation, because people are just trying to look out for you, which is really nice (and better than having people who don't care and expect you to be moving boxes around), but at the same time you know that you would never do anything that would put your bubbas at risk, and people need to realise that. Every pregnancy is different, and just because things go wrong to different people, doesn't mean the same will happen with you, and god forbid if something does go wrong, its NOT because of something you have done!! I think maybe just smile sweetly for the time being, and say well if I have to sit here and do nothing, go and get me a cuppa and a chocie biccy while you're at it I dont' think you are being over sensitive at all! We know our bodies and what we can and can't do, so I do understand your frustration. It is the start of many many years of people telling you what you should and shouldn't be doing! Just wait until the babies come, the opinions on what you should/could/would be doing will be coming thick and fast, and you will need a dartboard with the faces of your nearest and dearest stuck on it hahahahahahaha! Ok so maybe not the dartboard....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

tinkerbella79  (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your message Gilliebean, you made me smile and I feel better about it now already! Thank you!