Closed Thread
Page 14 of 93 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning ladies! It has come to my attention that I only get on here maybe once a week while I am at work lol. So sorry about that, I tend to forget I have the app on my ipad and I forget to check in at home!

Our little one is called Boris. All our embryo's have had names: From our first cycle back in 09 we had Ernie Embryo, Bert Blasto (which is our son), Six day Sid and Larry Last chance, from our last 2 cycles (after our rounds of testing) the 2 embies that made is were Five day Fergal and Boris Blasto. Little Boris was our last go and is sticking nicely! I had to give them names, in my eyes they were all my babies whether they made it or not, and I could not just refer to them as an it or a that. So giving them names meant I had something to connect with lol Weird I know, very weird lol But when you have to go through what we all do to get pregnant, and when you get to see things that "normal" people don't get to see, I think its nice to give them names! You see your baby before you are even pregnant, and we knew the sex of Fergal and Boris before they even went back in, so it was important to us

That's wonderful news little sunflowers! So so pleased you have had success after all this time. Stay sticky little one

Great news about your scan Kelly! I can't wait to get to 12 weeks, am 10wk 1d and the next 2 weeks are going to go soooooooo slow!! Can't wait till I can just shout it from the rooftops!

AFM....am until our scan day...we were booked in for the 12th of July but I ended up bringing it forward to the 8th because I just can't wait another 4 days after I hit 12 weeks hahahaha! Plus its the day before my son's birthday so I would like to know for sure that things will are ok before we celebrate! Have only just started feeling like rubbish in the last week, still not feeling too bad, and no real nausea and zero vomitting, I just feel so exceptionally exhausted this time around! i don't remember being this tired with my son, but maybe that's because I was sleeping in and napping when I felt like it on weekends lol. But I am happy to deal with that if that's the worst it gets. And pastry, god give this woman pastry!!!!! All i want to eat is cakes and those little spinach and ricotta pastizzi things you whack in the oven lol. JUST GIVE ME PASTRY!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and the only reason Fergal got a mention in the embryo names was because the Husband actually had that name on his list for our son....god only knows what he was on at the time...(Fergal McDougall? I think not!!) so I figured this was the only way he would get a Fergal in the family Crazy man!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

I hope you guys don't mind me joing this thread.

I am 13 1/2 weeks pregnant now after 8 cycles of IVF. This was a FET on bondi cycle. My baaby is due anywhere between x-mas to after new years. I have decided to joing this thread as everyone on the oct,nov, dec thread seem so far along.

Congratulations to everyone and hope we have a smooth journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Kalshy and congrats on your little bubby! May I ask what a bondi cycle is? I am a bit clueless, I usually take what they tell me too and don't think to ask what the protocol is called hahahaha! Wonderful news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Gilliebean,
    bondi protocol is when you have elevated levels of natural killer cells, so they put you on steroids and clexane to suppress your immune system so it doesn't attack the baby. We had a miscarriage last year at 9 weeks and the bub was normal and later on when we did all the additional tests we found out i had an overactive immune system..

Not long till your 12week scan?? I haven't vomited once but I am still gettng this yuck nausea feeling every afternoon and sometimes evening..so I try and eat oranges and madarin's. Some people say they start feeling better after 9weeks when the placenta starts to takeover, I have been waiting for that but no change..I guesss I will feel myself after 16 weeks according to my MIL.. speak about being tired,, i am yawning all the time and by 7.30 I am asleep on the couch..'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome kalshy

gilliebean - love your names . We named our first three embryos "Trixie" "Dixie" and "Pixie" (all ICSI made), after that though I stopped naming them as I felt the loss too much when they didn't stick... Funny what we all have to do so differently in order to cope isn't it?

AFM - I have been as sick as a dog! My morning sickness has been far worse than with my DD...some days all I've been able to do is curl up in a ball, unfurling only to get food for DD and Putin a new DVD for her (poor little tyke)... Today however, I am feeling hugely better, I've actually managed to vacuum the house, and I haven't even thrown up once! Life is good ...hope that doesn't mean that something is wrong

i went to my GP last week to get a referral for an obstetrician and I basically got bullied into having a flu shot. So mad at myself for not saying "no" and petrified I've put little Dexter at risk... Everything is still ok...

Thanks
    Reviews
    hahaha love your names too Pilbara lol. Thats super cute, but I can understand why you stopped....its hard to give them a personality, only to have them taken away again. We all cope in different ways, there are certainly no rules with this IVF crap!! Whatever gets you through is what works! Yay for you feeling heaps better, and don't worry, DS has been watching far more tele than usual in our house as well lol. Plus the insane rain at the moment isn't helping, we can't really get outside! He is going stir crazy! I am sure everything is absolutely fine and bubbles is just all nice and comfy now ready for the next 6 or 7 months!

Kalshy so sorry to hear about your loss That must have been so difficult. Thanks for explaining, a good friend of mine has high NK cells as well and has had a lot of difficulty falling pregnant, she has a beautiful nearly 3yr old through IVF, and was trying naturally last year sadly with 2 miscarriages and an ectopic, so they are back on IVF + drugs again as they know it works. I am so pleased that you have had success!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lovelys.
    Speaking of sleeps i just had a sitting up nap.. appear to have list a couple hours! Woke up busting to pee. In my dream I was rushing to the toilet but had an 'accident'and didnt quite make it. Had 3 dreams like this lately ... but all times I've made it to the toilet on wake up!
    Pilbara sorry the dreaded nausea had got you. Mine has completely eased only a woohie feeling some afternoon and evenings.

After another further 2 changes the ivf clinic made last week to my 12wk scan and fs appt, I collected all my files Monday and had an appt with a Gp/Ob. He is lovely. Scanned me on a older sort of us machine in his clinic and DH and I have our radiology scan Thursday. The scan Monday was a bonus. Baby was kicking legs like crazy in the air. Couldn't stop smiling.
    And relieved to say goodbye to them. I felt like I'd sacked them
    Welcome Kelshy.
    Gilliebean they are crazy cute names.

Temptation killing me to by some baby stuff this week. Have controlled myself though!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 25-06-2013 at 19:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry you've had such problems with your clinic sunshinebell. But it's good you've found someone you are comfortable with, and how lovely to get an extra scan! Must be so reassuring to see babybell wriggling about

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (26-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    that's great sunshinebell! If they were stuffing you around then best to have your files and say goodbye! Don't need the added stress of them at the moment! A good OB is such a relief! I LOVE my OB appts because of that extra scan, I love seeing boris just to make sure everything is still ok in between the bigger scans!

OMG I am so sick of peeing lol Its all I seem to be doing at the moment, my poor bladder is getting a beating hahahaha! Even just being out in the rain makes me want to pee! Ohh I am dying to buy baby stuff too, but as this is number 2 and another boy, there really isn't much we need to get. This bub will be opposite season to my son so at least I will have an excuse to buy a few things lol. I LOVE baby shopping, its the best.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (26-06-2013)