Closed Thread
Page 12 of 93 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    CDinOZ - wow! :-) ...I didn't know that there were different types of identicals either! Let us know how you o tomorrow!

tommi - are you on a prenatal vitamin? I swapped my elevit for plain folic acid, and now I am way less nauseas...

Sunshinebell - how's your nausea? Hope it's letting up a little...

AFM - we moved house on the weekend...so exhausted...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Nausea is ok today. Thanks

My vent today is that my ivf clinic have again today screwed me around as im in their care until wk 12scan. Week 8 scan I nearly dumped them as they screwed me then too.
    So much for after pregnancy care .... looks like they're only accommodating when you pay the big bucks. Just had an emotional breakdown re arranging everything.

At least its with a weeks notice. Last time was with hours.

And this is why im ok with having baby public. No matter what you're paying at some point you'll always feel like a number!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tommi I'm trying a vegetarian recipe tonight- one that I've made many times before pregnancy but not sure how I'll cope now. Here's the link: http://www.masterchef.com.au/recipes...lant-sauce.htm

Good luck with your 12 wk scan Sunshine!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CDNinOZ For This Useful Post:

Tommi  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CDNinOZ Congratulations!! How exciting twins!! How are you feeling about it??

Sunshinebell that sux your clinic is stuffing you around, i had my week 8 bloods today and all's goid so i'm being discharged from my clinic! Forgot to ask them about weaning the drugs though, i cant wait to not have to do pessaries anymore!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 4furbabies For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pilbara, I am on Elevit as it has the added iron, I changed to it about 2.5 weeks ago from a plain folic acid. I think once they are gone I might go back and just add a regular iron supplement. Will be interesting to see what my blood test results come back with...Thanks CDninOZ for the recipe idea, I am absolutely giving it a go.Sunshinebell that is awful what your clinic is doing to you, seriously the process itself and the first trimester are stressful enough without them adding to that. After my 8 week dating scan I was discharged from the care of our clinic, my husband and I have chosen to go public also because we have heard that the hospital we are going to (whilst busy) is quite good, parking is a nightmare though - not looking forward to that.
    Last edited by Tommi; 18-06-2013 at 08:56.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!

Sunshine that's crap that your clinic are stuffing you around - they should be looking after you up to 12 weeks, that's really poor form! I haven't had much to do with our clinic since I went back for a follow up BT at 5 weeks, but only because I haven't really needed to, they called me after my 7wk dating scan to see how I was going, but I will email them today with an update. C'mon 12 weeks then!!

CD that's amazing news! Twin bubbies! Probably a bit of a shock to hear??? Twice as much love to give and receive. Sounds like both hearts are beating away nicely so lets hope they are both excited to meet their mummy and daddy xoxo

Kelly this is our second IVF pregnancy and I have to say that the stress does not get any less second time around lol. I find the pregnancy more stressful than the cycling because you now have this little person that you have fought so hard for, and the chance of losing them is just too much to bear. I stress to get to that initial scan, then to 12 weeks so you can shout your joy from the rooftops, then 19wk scan to make sure there are no issues, then far enough along that if bubby was born they had a good chance, then into the third trimester etc etc...its 40 weeks of stress lol. But I definitely think that when you have to go through so much to even get pregnant, we are entitled to be a little bit more precious about it and its totally worth it! And at least we can all stress about things together and totally understand the reasons why!!

AFM, had first OB appt last Friday, and he told us he was going to be on leave from 2 days before my due date..eeeeekkkk! So our options are to (a) find another OB which at this stage for January will be hard, as lots of OB's are on holidays; (b) stick with him and risk him not being there for the birth and have another OB deliver; or (c) stick with him and plan for a c-section around my due date...as my son was born by c-section @ 34 wks, I am not against this, I would ideally love a VBAC but its not that much of a must have for me as having my amazing OB! sooo I think we are going to stick with him, and just see what happens closer to the time. I would feel much better knowing that he is looking after us for 30 odd weeks, than have someone I don't know and having that feeling of having second best. And I could still go into labour naturally early, or have complications like last time that means an early c-section anyway....so yeah, just another thing to think about lol. But little Boris is going great guns, heard his little heart beating away and he is still measuring 3 days ahead, so am pretty happy! NT scan booked for 12 July

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gilliebean I heard alot of stories of Obs on leave over late Dec and Jan. Something else that was in the pro con box trying to decide on public/private. Sounds like you are very lucky and have alot of respect for your Ob a great relationship and trust so im sure closer to the birth it will work out.

I can already relate to just getting to the 8 & 12 wk milestones and imagine I'll be setting plenty milestones more along the 9mth journey.

Guys im 11wks now and the last week I have had some really emotional big crys... really over nothing .. I read this is normal ... better out then in I guess! DH is away and don't want to worry him so normally have a cry alone but last night I cried the whole video call. Just kept saying to him I'm okay its just hormones!
    I do think the nausea is taking its toll.

Anyone reading that wants to pm for true honest feedback on Pivet Perth .... happy to let you know all about the place. Full respect for recept and nurses but management and doctor treatment a different story.

Last edited by Sunshinebell; 18-06-2013 at 10:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wholly magic ... 7pm and a whole day of no nausea.... bliss!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

kelly oreilly  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only got time for a quick update today. So sorry no personals.

Had the scan and found out we are having monoamnionic monochorionic twins. Basically identical twins in the same sac. It makes this a high risk pregnancy since it's quite likely the cords will get tangled. It is almost 100% that I will have a c-section and most likely will not make it past 34 weeks. Still need to see what the OB says in a couple weeks but he works closely with the OB/GYN that did the ultrasound so I'm not expecting the news to be very different. I'm thrilled, shocked and scared all at the same time!

Will write again soon.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CDNinOZ For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CDNinOZ i am so happy for you!! that certainly is amazing news .

ladies, i had my 9 week scan today, tracking at 9w3d so right on track.

it actually looked like a baby!!! HB 169 bpm and measuring 2.5cm, safe to say i am cloud 9 right now, only just over 2wks until 12 weeks and can be supppppppeeerrrrrr happy in public

have a good friday tomorrow ladies