Closed Thread
Page 10 of 93 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone for your concern. I am still bleeding on and off, although it is only light now whereas early in the week it came in gushes (sorry if TMI). I had my 6 week bloods today, and everything is still "perfect", so it is just a matter of waiting until the scan next Friday and hoping that all looks good...I'm extremely anxious, but taking comfort in the fact that my boobs are fuller and itchy, and I'm on and off nauseas (and I'm craving pickles and tomato sauce like you wouldn't believe ).

we have told only the people who knew we were doing another IVF cycle, and have asked us how it went... We are saying "well, at this point it looks quite good, but we won't know for sure until we have a scan"...anyone who asks more questions gets told that "embryo number 10 is hanging in there at the moment"... We will avoid telling anyone beyond immediate family and the closest of our friends until after we are 12 weeks

i haven't gotten my "glow" yet either Kelly! ...in fact, I look like cr*p...big black under eye circles, and (for gods sake), I seem to be getting pimples...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tommi thats wonderful news about your scan!! Pilbara i hope yours is the same, what an agonising wait it must be, but atleast your symptoms are comforting!
    Only my mum knows and a couple of friends who have been through ivf and have been supporting me. We're not telling anyone else until 12wks because i couldnt handle what would happen if we lost our little bean!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tommi...good news on the scan.

Pilbara....hope everything sticks and stays good

AFM I had a few days MS around 6 weeks and none since BUT I have terrible, terrible reflux that makes me feel like I constantly have something stuck in my throat. Am desperately uncomfortable unless eating, because bizarrely that makes me feel better (momentarily). Mylanta is my new best friend We had our scan last week and all was good. As of today I'm 8w2d.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad your scan went well twocam! That reflux does not sound nice...hope it goes away soon... Xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twocam .. dido to the reflux ... im 10weeks this Wednesday coming and had no reprieve since week 4.

Worst thing is my chemist told me unusual to have it so bad so early and if have it this bad early on might be with me all pregnancy.
    Yes food too makes the sick feeling go away. Packing on the kilos!
    So still burping like a princess whether in private or public!!!

CDNinOZ you still burping too?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 09-06-2013 at 20:28.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshinebell For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubba I'll do anything to have you. When you arrive I'll forget all this ..but, Ivf was a walk in the park compared to this non stop MS. This is cruel!
    2 of the past 4days ive had it non stop around the clock again.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Sunshinebell; 11-06-2013 at 10:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshinebell - have you tried wearing travel-sick wrist bands? ...not sure exactly what they are called, but you get them from the pharmacy, and they are an elasticised fabric band (like a sweat band) with a plastic button on them which you position over an acupressure point on the inside of each wrist. They were my life savers when I was pregnant with my DD and had terrible morning sickness...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunshine I was just about to write the exact same email. I REALLY want this bubba but I feel so sick all the time. I have the travel sickness bands and they help a bit. Ginger ale is my new BFF but I'm afraid that the stupid amount that I'm drinking is causing acne. I said I wouldn't use them but I broke down and tried the tablets the FS gave me for MS. They help but I'm trying not to rely on them. I don't remember it being this bad with DS.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CDNinOZ For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, sorry I have been absent, we have had a busy long weekend away and I am bloody eggs-horse-ted!!

Not that it takes away any of the angst of bleeding, but when I had my scan last week the sonographer pointed out that I had some blood in there (a little sac or pocket or something) and she said that if I started bleeding that's probably it and wasn't anything to worry about, but not to ignore it of course. She said something about it being caused by excess blood in the uterus, and with the baby in there now there isn't enough room for both so it kinda gets pushed out...that's laymans terms anyway hahaha! fingers crossed for you both that its just little bubbies exerting their uterine authority and making themselves a nice little home in there

We have told a few people, mostly distant people who we either never see, rarely see, or know that we don't have to deal with if it hits the fan (and would be incredibly supportive anyway). Of our family, we have only told mum and dad as they have been part of the process the whole way with looking after our son, and my sister knows the bare minimum, but don't think she is that interested anyway (not in a bad way, she is just not a lovey dovey kinda sister!). We are definitely holding off until 12 weeks to tell the bulk of people because after that if anything does happen its completely bad luck and something we couldn't have done anything about anyway. Its hard though, i am busting to tell people but just need to keep quiet!

First OB appt is this Friday and I can't wait! Just need to see that little HB again and check that everything is ok! The stress of IVF is hard, but the stress of pregnancy IS even harder!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gilliebean

How exciting your next appt is tomorrow, i have a scan next thrusday to test for abonormalities etc, but im just excited to see a HB again.

I feel so weird all the time,i just wish i could have my own at home Ultrasoud machine and then i wouldnt think every 5 seconds" ohh i hope i am still pregnant" lol

hope all you other ladies are doing well. for most of us there is only around 3 short weeks will the start of our 2nd trimester!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kelly oreilly For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (13-06-2013)