+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Thanks Mrs P.......if not (r.e sleep), there's always more Valium to help things along!!! Look forward to your thoughts later on. Hope you're feeling better love, and it's even worse 'cause you can't just lay down and rest as you've got to look after your DS. Healing vibes your way

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there Blonde, that is awesome news about your embies and fantastic that one of those little guys has stepped it up a gear and is now a grade 4 rock star wooooo hoooooo!!!!!! I'm so glad you have a good relationship with your old embryologist and have been able to draw on his experience and knowledge. He has given you some excellent food for thought - and thanks so much for giving us such a great insight into his opinions from the frontline.

From what he has said there seems little to be gained by waiting until day 6… your little guys are powering along so nicely now (even one of them gathering speed …) that I’m not sure it is worth the risk by holding off transfer til day 6 given the cytokines issue . I reckon based on how your guys have been tracking there is very little chance of at least the two front runners not being at either 10-12 cell or morula stage by tomorrow . As embryo guy has also said taking embryos to day 5 is a selection technique to weed out the weaker embryos and given that you will be transferring all 3 this is not an issue for you as you know.

As for me… I personally would be inclined to pop them back in your oven tomorrow + I reckon once they’re safely inside you and out of dish you will feel a MASSIVE sense of relief - I know I did… waiting another 2 days might be just more angst that you don’t need right now . Based on my experience, WDA will do whatever you want to do. He was absolutely fine when I asked if I could have a 3DT instead of 5DT just before they knocked me out for EPU and equally fine about doing a 5DT when I changed my mind back, so I would not necessarily anticipate any resistance.

I read so many stories of ladies that have really crappy looking day 2 and 3ers put back that may never have made it to blast in a petri dish but have somehow powered on to become beautiful perfect bubs and from what I gather while the success stats for 5 days blasts are slightly better it‘s not by any stretch a massive difference. As we all know this whole IVF business is far from an exact science!!!!!!!!! I agree with embryo guy ‘if it has what it takes’ it will stick no matter what. And there is for me always that nagging tickle of paranoia in the back of my mind that conditions in the lab can go awry – there is just that little bit of room for human error no matter how good a labs procedures and protocols are – so the less time in the incubator the better.

So glad those Valium did the trick and took you off to sleepy town last night – it makes such a difference… a shame you didn’t get to catch up with your bff today… but sometimes these things happen for a reason and maybe you wouldn’t have had a chance to speak to the embryologist had she not cancelled…

Well my dear you know I am sending the good stuff your way here’s today’s lot and I wish you all the very very best whatever decision you and DH make with extra helpings of for tomorrow if you do decide go through with transfer…. As always you are in my thoughts and prayers….

Hi Mrs P so far so good with all the ‘support’, no real dramas, even the crinone - which I’ve not used before but heard many horror stories about - has been fine. Strangely being high on progesterone seems to agree with me… apart from the massive bloat, constipation and a few hot flashes I’ve got going on but was expecting that. Tho I’ve noticed in the last day or so I'm tearing up a bit more than usual over silly stuff - I think there was some monkey with a newborn and some other daft thing on telly last night that made me a bit weepy…. But yeah ask me next week…. I will most likely be singing a different tune by then the more the hormones build and the closer I get to BT…

I must confess to you ladies that I have been POASing everyday since Tuesday - I was hoping to test out the boosters to see if they were clear from my system by the 3rd or 4th day prior to the next booster as I’ve read on a few sites that 1500 pregnyl can leave your body at approx 1000 per day but I know that everyone metabolises the stuff differently so no hard and fast rules…. So far light positives everyday but I am under absolutely no illusions that this is almost certainly the pregnyl talking …. I have a hopeless case of POAS Torture Syndrome …..

Hope your cold is easing up and that all is well with you and yours….
    Last edited by Domiffy; 07-06-2013 at 18:22.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Domiffy For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hello Domiffy Girl.......

Yes, he's a real gem and I'm so grateful for his agreeing to speak with me knowing that he could get a rap accross the knuckles if the powers that be found out he was speaking to another doctors patient.....I have the utmost of respect for him and trust and value his advice implicitly and the more time I've had today to process and weigh up his recommendations, the more I'm leaning towards having the embryo's transferred tomorrow (should all go well and they make it overnight). Now that he's explained it all to me, I no longer feel that it would be an outright failure for sure were I to have them transferred tomorrow and that it's perfectly ok to have embryo's transferred on Day 4 without compromising their chances. A weight off my mind and shoulders there.

Yes, I agree with you that having them safely baking in my oven sooner rather than later will end the anxiety and angst that I've been feeling and I agree that I can see no benefit in waiting the two extra days. As embryo guy said, it serves no purpose in our case. Yep, I'm probably assuming the worst thinking WDA won't be on board with the idea when I speak with him tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if he suggests it himself!!! Would make the decision all that much easier for me if he does, though I'm almost 100% certain that that's the way we should go. Logically and intellectually it all makes sense. So why delay???

Yep, embryo guy is right when he says if the embryo's have got what it takes to go the distance, it will not matter when the embryo's transferred. Again, logic dictates this is so (plus he would know 'cause that's what he does day in day out). Yep, I've read those stories too. One lady I read about had repeated Day 5 transfers all BFN....again and again she did it and then when she insisted on a Day 3 she got a BFP. Too right this IVF business isn't an exact science. Yep, there is always a margin for error when dealing with labs and humans!! Neither of which is a 100% perfect all the time!!! LOFL!!!!

The Val's really did the trick last night so well that after checking with Kate this morning it was ok to take them for my stress and insomnia (plus I cross referenced with some of my medical books to make sure it wasn't contraindicated to take with the other medicines we're on) have decided to take a couple more tonight not only to keep things calm internally in preperation for tomorrow's probable transfer (if all goes well) but to make sure I get another good sleep in or else I know I'll be tossing and turning all night stressing about it all. Plus embryo guy also agree's that its best to be as calm as possible internally and externally leading up to and at transfer. That's enough of an incentive to me!!!!!

Thanks for the hints and tips about relaxation techniques. Will have to download the i-tunes one. I love yoga too and should look into going again once some funds become available. It was a shame not to be able to catch up with my BFF but needs must. I'm just thankful it's nothing too serious, just an issue that needed to be attended to straight away which left the door open to have the time to have that indepth conversation with embryo guy.DP's been of no real help with this decision giving an answer that was a contradiction in terms....Despite agreeing with me that there is no benefit in waiting the 2 extra days, he still thinks we should "wait and see what the doctor wants to do".....yep, thanks for that honey I think I may have to make an executive decision here.....

Am so glad the "support" isn't doing your head in. I am dreading starting the Crinone. It makes me constipated, bloated, tired, teary etc too and I really hate the CC discharge that it gives me (and just about everyone else too)........ r.e the monkey thing on television!!! I get like that too at times over ad's or songs etc. I've done it doing the grocery shopping and some run of the mill song comes over the PA system and that's it, I'm welling up pushing my trolley trying not to draw attention to myself in front of the other shoppers!!! Or when I'm in the car driving and a song comes on and it's not necessarily the words to the song, maybe it's just the melody, but before too long the waterworks start and I'm there snivelling and driving at the same time!!!! LOFL!!!!!

I was wondering about the POAS thing as I too will be taking the Pregnyl boosters myself starting on Sat I'm pretty sure (if all goes well of course...feel like I have to keep saying that so as not to jinx myself) That's good you've done an experiment love because I've always POAS in my previous cycles, but it seems there may be no point doing it this time as it seems like there's no way to get a reliable result if I do. Oh God, yet more torture having to go in blind to the BT and even though in the past I've gotten AF before blood test (except when I had the Chemical on Cycle 1) because of all the extra support I'm (really that's we love) are taking, it may just no doubt hold off AF too. I wouldn't be surprised if it did. FFS!!! Yet more angst to come!!! Keep testing Domiffy and let us know if the boosters do in fact test out. Will be interesting to know.

Well love, you're virtually one week down and one to go......you've handled this first week like a real pro girl!!! Starting to get down to the pointy end of things. Am hoping this next week will go fast for you just so you can get to BT and see what the go is....mind you, it'd be nice to get a heads up for a BFP beforehand with some kind sign or symptom.....but that would be too easy now wouldn't it?????

Mrs P.....Haven't forgotten you either and look forward to hearing your final opinion regarding my dilemma. I hope you're feeling better love and all's well in your part of the world.Thank-you both so much for your insight and all of your help. I truly value your opinions an insights so much. Without the both of you, I really would've of been a basket case by now and I'm glad I decided to participate this time on BH and share this cycle with you both and all the other ladies out there following this thread. For me to open myself up to others (whether it be in my daily life or in this kind of a setting) makes me feel vulnerable and completely open and raw emotionally speaking which, for me, is a little bit too close for comfort in many ways. It's been easier in the past to hide behind my figurtively speaking "emotional fortress" and let only "approved" people in and only then to a certain extent But for some reason, this time I decided to just put it all out there and take a chance and it paid off because I've gained two great allies and BH friends in you Domiffy girl and Mrs P....... Was so worth letting my guard down..

Ok, am off for the night, as you have both no doubt have worked out by now, I'm more than likely going to transfer tomorrow (bar some unforseen catastrophy or breaking news that makes my mindset do a complete 360) Am looking forward to having an open dialogue with WDA and coming to a mutual decision that we're both happy and in agreement with. I can honestly say, I am feeling calmer about everything now (although my antenna is still up concerning our little one's pulling through the night) but that could be the Valium kicking it!!!

Ok ladies, enough of the waffling. Time to go and chllax with DP for a bit before I hit the sack....(am trying for an early night)......more from me to you Domiffy girl and even more healing vibes for you Mrs P.......(bugger off lurgy!!!)
    Will let you know the outcome tomorrow. Thank-you both from the bottom of my heart yet again.....Time for a group
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 07-06-2013 at 21:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Blondie, - Domiffy has already said all there is tho be said regarding the information your lab man has so kindly given you. And thank you for sharing that with us, it's such a wonderful insight.

I've been trying to think of a good reason why you should leave it to day 6, but I can't. the only reason you might want to leave it to beyond day 4, would be to find out what quality they would be as a blast. But do you really need to know? You are going to transfer them all anyway! They are doing well so far, and even if they are compacting tomorrow, you know they are exactly where they should be at that stage, so you may as well put them back to exactly where they should be. In you!

I hope you and your DH have come to something very close to a decision tonight, so that you can both get a good nights sleep. I'm sending down tons of your way. And I'll be thinking of you tomorrow .

Domi, - Glad the progesterone hasn't been too bad so far. Oh but the tears over the silly things on tv. Yep, we all can relate to that one.

So just out of interest, has your light positives gotten a bit darker and lighter as you do your booster? You are a stronger person than I am, I have never tested when doing boosters. I couldn't bare that kind of torment.

Thank you both for the well wishes re my cold. I think they are working. I'm feeling a bit better. Just in time because I'm flying solo for the next week or so . DH will be away during ov, and as infinitesimal a chance that we have, I always hate to waste a natural cycle. What if this was my golden egg? Not meant to be I guess!

Good night girls,

MrsP...
    Last edited by MrsPontipine; 07-06-2013 at 21:40.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Domiffy and Mrs P.........

It's with a huge sense of relief that I'm here to tell you both that our little one's made it through the night and are now slowly baking away in my oven!!!! When I called the lab this morning for an update, I was told we've got 1 emby at early compacting stage, the other one at the 12 cell stage and about to begin compaction and the slow coach from yesterday is still only sitting at 5 cells. I'm thinking it's pretty safe to assume our 5 cell is a dud having not developed even one cell in the last 24 hrs. I also asked the Embryologist this morning if she thought there was any point in growing them out until Day 6 and she said no and was of the same opinion as Lab Man and for all the same reason's. Even though I'd pretty much decided to go for transfer today, I thought another opinion couldn't hurt.

When I called WDA straight after the lab, we discussed the merits of transfer today or Monday and in the end decided on today. One of his points on waiting for a Monday transfer was although we didn't need to grow to Blasto for selection techniques, it was more about the piece of mind he likes to give his patients in knowing that because the embryo has made it that far, they're then in with a chance and that the 2ww won't be a complete waste of time stressing over embryo's that would've had no chance to begin with. Fair point, but as I replied back to him, had we had a good cohort of embryo's to begin with like we did in Cycle1 and 2 that of course I would of waited until Monday to see which one's were the best, but as I can't have a Day 5 transfer I didn't see the point and anyway, on Cycle 1 and 2 I did end up transferring Blasto's and they didn't stick either (allthough I did have the early Chemical on Cycle 1) so may as well put 'em in today and let them take their chances. If they've got what it takes, they're going to stick. He couldn't really argue with that logic and so the decision was finalised.

Am feeling so relieved and calm now that my 3 little stars are with me although I know the 5 cell is an almost 100% write off, but that's ok because the other 2 are good (which I also heard the scientist tell WDA when he was giving him the report prior to transfer). It's in the lap of the Fertility God's now Embryologist told me if they're going to implant it will be in the next 3-4 days. In light of what happened cervix wise when I had the Hysto, Lipoidol Flush and Endo Scratch a few weeks ago, WDA organised some pethedine for me to take before transfer along with the standard Valiums so am a wee bit "hazy-fantazy" right now!!! I can honestly say that this was the best transfer I've ever had and I literally did not feel a thing!!! God Bless WDA and Pethedine!!!! And, yes, DP and I were also made to recite the magic words and sing the transfer song while proceeding's were taking place!!!! LOL

So, move over Domiffy girl and make some room for me on the 2ww lounge!!! Now we can sit and brood together like two hens in the henhouse!!!! WDA told me to have my BT 7 days after my last Pregnyl booster shot (start tomorrow) because having it done any earlier will give a false positive, so that makes my BT day the 23/6.

Ok, am going to go have a lie down as I'm feeling a bit nauseous from the pethedine. Am hoping you're feeling better today Mrs P and Domiffy love!!! One week down, one to go!!!! Be back later when the drugs have worn off. Until then it's time for another load of for us all!!!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 09-06-2013 at 13:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a very quick, Yay, Yay, Yay, and BinB. Congrats on PUPOness!
    Enjoy your arvo rest ...

MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Woooo hooooo!!!!!! Congratulations Blonde, I am so very happy that you have been able to join me aboard the TWW broody hen couch – there was never any doubt in my mind you’d be right here clucking away with me, but I totally get the not wanting to jinx things by assuming it’s a given…

Your two front runners sound absolutely fabulous and exactly where they should be – and extra reassuring to hear that the embryologist gave them the big thumbs up.

I’m glad you decided to go through with transfer today and not wait… your relief is palpable now that your troopers and back where they should be – and had anything happened to them over the weekend and they not made it to day 6 I reckon you would have had major ‘what if’ regrets…

Yeah WDAs transfers are a breeze + the vals this time round took the edge off very nicely… and lucky you with the extra Pethadine . Transfers have never been too much of a drama for me but there is still usually about 3 or 4 nursing staff (god knows why) + Dr + embryologist so it feels like a room full of people hovering round combined with excruciating full bladder for the ultrasound and no Vals does tend to make things a bit more angst ridden.

Yep, it’s a curious thing that this time round both of us as self confessed ‘close to our chesters’ chose to let it all hang out and I agree it has paid off in spades – opening up has been so cathartic and stress relieving for me. Lord knows in previous cycles there have times when I’ve almost imploded from keeping it all in and ‘together’… Hmmm there just might be something to this letting the guard down business! Blonde I think I was really encouraged by your openness and honesty and that’s drew me into this thread to start with as well as Mrs P’s lovely supportive posts, so I have both you ladies to thank. It truly has made such a difference this time round and has really helped to be thinking about someone other than just myself during this whole business.

Anyhooo… girl I’m so pleased you’re finally PUPO, have a lovely rest and sending tons of good stuff your way ….

AFM… I think the ‘support’ is starting to catch up with me – was out and about this morning and I’m feeling really knackered this arvo so have put myself to bed. No obvious unmissable preggo signs or symptom to speak of but I try not to get too caught up in symptom spotting anyway due to all the drugs.

Mrs P I admire your strength in waiting til BT – if only I had the fortitude … logically and rationally I know POASing during TWW while on boosters is a daft thing to do but just can’t help myself - not really sure what I am trying to prove – I think it’s just curiosity and wanting to see whether there is much difference between pee sticks but they have remained consistently faint and really not much daily variation – oh well whatever it takes to get one through.

Originally BT was set for Sat 15 June but it has been brought forward a day to Friday so I can receive results the same day and not have to wait over w/e which I’m relieved about… sooner the truth is revealed the better and can stop taking all the drugs that bit earlier should it be a BFN – only 6 sleeps to go. I would say there is zero chance of AF showing up before BT for me as I seem to absorb the progesterone really well and it has always been pretty high (like in the 300 or 400s) when I had my mid-luteal blood tests post transfer at my prev clinic… and given that ‘support’ this time round has increased significantly it may take years for next AF to arrive – oohhh I hope so but for other reasons….

Mrs P I’m glad things are on the up and up for you re the sniffles but a bummer that hubby won’t be around during ov, such a shame you can’t catch that little eggy and save it for later…

Anyway my dears it’s time for a cuppa then a nap…. Till next time
    Last edited by Domiffy; 08-06-2013 at 15:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, Internet is down at home so I'm on my mobile. I hope you both had a nice rest this arvo.
    BInB, I was thinking your BT is on a Sunday. Does that mean you have to wait a other day . That would be 20 dpo, eek.
    Dom, we had to speak too soon didn't we. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Cheers ladies, MrsP...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Mrs P.............

My last Pregnyl booster shot is on the 16/6 and WDA told me I have to have the blood test 7 days after that (which will be the 23/6) or else I'll get a false positive, so, yes that will make it 15dpt4dt (or 19dpo) but what can you do??? It even says on the product information sheet "Following administration, Pregnyl may intefere for up to 10 days with the immunilogical determination of serum/urinary hCG, leading to a false pregnancy test" so in other words, its pretty useless testing beforehand with POAS/bloods so unless AF comes to spoil the party (and I'd be surprised if she did due to the huge amounts of "support" that's being taken everyday), I'll be flying blind when I go for BT.......Not Happy Jan about that!!!!

I've just taken my first Pregnyl booster today (2 more to do) and I'm glad to say the pessaries have been scaled back from 1x 4 times daily to now just 1 at night. Have started the vile Crinone at 2x a day and still have to take all the other pills/patches and clexane injection as prescribed. This is the regime now until BT day.

Is a right pain in the bum with the internet being down, am hoping you're back up and running today. How's the cold going now love??? Am hoping you're over the worst of it. Yes, I had a lovely relaxing day yesterday to the point that I crashed out for 2 hrs in the afternoon which is almost unheard of for me (unless I'm sick), so thank-you Valium and Pethadine for the lovely snooze!!!!

Ended up chillaxing for the rest of the night with DP and generally just taking it easy. Woke up this morning at the "crack of a sparrow's" to go check out one of the local markets with DP where we spent a casual couple of hours strolling around and seeing what was on offer Had a great time as I really love checking out all different kinds of markets and it's been ages since we last went. Was so calm and peaceful and just what we needed after the stress of this cycle even though the next 2ww is still a bit of a tense time.

Surprisingly, I'm feeling really relaxed about it all today for some reason I really can't fathom, but am going with the feeling while it lasts

Domiffy my girl......How are you feeling today love?? I know the Progesterone knock's me around too and if the putrid Crinone isn't bad enough, then the 8 tablets of Progesterone we're taking everyday is more than enough to push us over the edge. I've noticed my breasts are slightly bigger but I'm pretty sure that's from the Progynova tabs, am just waiting any day now for the tiredness, moodiness, teariness, constipation etc to start kicking in courtesy of the Crinone.

Is good they've bought forward your BT date love.....would've been agony to have to wait over the weekend for them....is getting close now girl Am so hoping with everything inside of me that it's going to be a BFP for you and your DP Hoping AF doesn't arrive for you for the next 10months!!!!!

Am glad we went ahead with the transfer yesterday too. I instantly felt better the minute they were popped into my oven although I know our 5 cell is almost certainly out for the count, but that's ok, had to give it a chance too. What will be, will be love so am getting comfy on the couch with you girl and just waiting it out!!! Am annoyed I won't be able to POAS this time, though I probably will (providing the dreaded AF doesn't show up) the day before and the morning of BT. If WDA reckons 7 days after the last booster shot, 7 days it is (unless you test out in the meantime???...how's that going anyway??)

Ok my lovely ladies, am off to sort out some lunch for DP and I and then I intend on taking the rest of the arvo easy reading the paper and doing a bit of baking (a chocolate slice for us here at home and some cupcakes for DP's lunches next week....) Mind you, I really don't need to put on anymore weight. This cycle and the Prednisone have already added 3.5kg's although I'm still fitting into all my clothes, bra's etc, so is no doubt a lot of fluid retention going on, but sill not impressed!!!!

Anyhoo, my lovelies, hope you're having a fab Sunday and enjoy the rest of your long weekend.........Here's another helping of for us all!!!!

P.S........I've been icing my stomach for 5mins or so before giving myself the Clexane injections, now the little one's are in my oven, do you girls thinks it's still ok to do that??? I know, am probably being paranoid!!!! LOL......
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 09-06-2013 at 14:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Hope you both had a lovely long w/e. DP and I decided to get ‘off the grid’ and went camping Sun/Monday and got back yesterday arvo all floppy and relaxed . It was great to get away from the internet/phone etc and poas… still doing a dipstick a day and still getting faint positives - last booster was on Friday so most likely it is not out of my system yet… Not long to go now tho only 3 more sleeps till the big reveal. I must admit I have felt much less torment this TWW and time does not seemed to have dragged as much.

Side effects from the drugs still about the same haven’t dissolved into a weepy, emotional wreck …yet… thank god… Physical side effects - ginormous boobs, constipation and ridiculously bloated belly – I can deal with, it’s the emotional stuff that throws me for a loop so am glad I am ok on that front so far. The bloated belly thing is crazy tho… I look about a 14 weeks by the evening but seems to deflate a bit by morning and it also looks as tho I’ve put on about 5kg but scales say I'm the same which I’m happy about.

Blonde - sounds like you had yourself some nice quality time with DH on the w/e and very glad to hear you are feeling more at peace with everything. I totally get the calm the day after transfer – it was so nice after the stress of the cycle – I think it had something to do with the post valium headspace I was in . Re the Clexane – I wondered about that myself re the icing thing… I know those little guys are pretty well insulated in there so I wouldn’t be too worried, having said that I do try to keep the icing quite localised to a small spot and only really for a couple of minutes – don’t even feel those Clexane shots going in now. Thinking of you and hope you are managing to stay sane… sending loads and loads of out there into the universe for us both.

MrsP – hope your time on the sidelines isn’t dragging on too much and that all is well with you, DH and your little one

Take care ladies… till next time.
    Last edited by Domiffy; 11-06-2013 at 10:07.