+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Em, Glad to hear peanut is well, will u find out what u r having?

That show is def rigged! I wondered how they would have cooked for that many at the end, how cute were there kids, will u be watching master chef, I love all of the cooking shows

Had some slight headaches from the synarel bib but didn't find it too bad. This one will def be harder though on my body with the added Saizen, I'll also be on 300 of Menopur from what I know. I wonder how many days I'll be on the synarel before jabs start? I guess I'll find out Monday anyway

I'm still uncertain about whether to wait to do a 5dt, I'll talk to nurse when I get meds, I know how the FS feels about it so it's hard

Think I'll have a nice relaxing massage or get my nails done this w/e to cheer me up and make me feel a little better ready for round 3, I do feel a little hopeful with all of the changes, just so scared to feel that horrible disappointment again, better to try than not though! I'm certainly a lot stronger from this rollercoaster of a crap ride

Glad u r feeling better, take it easy and try have an early nite. That's great about the walking. I try and go a few times a week on my lunch break, should go more though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Booboo: I'm definitely an advocate of the massage!! I had them done regularly all through my last Cycle right up until ET, so if you can afford to go and get them done regularly, my advice is to do it Not only did they help with relaxation for me, but they were also good for the bloating/fluid retention the drugs always gave me plus they help with blood flow around the body too. Must go and get another one myself soon!!!

Yes, have a chat with the nurse about transfer days, but then again, you could play it by ear and wait until you know how many embies you've got on the go before deciding?? I can understand your fears girl and they are more than justified, but I agree, it is better to try than not. As "they" say (whoever "they" are??) "Love means taking a risk"...and what is it that we're all aiming for and the reason we go through all of this BS in the first place?? A baby...our baby...LOVE....

Oh yes, this sh*it of ride either makes or breaks you that's for sure!!! I found it's made me stronger and my relationship with DP has strengthened even more despite the many emotional up's and down's we've both had individually and together as a couple.

I'll cast my eye over Masterchef and see if it's going to float my boat or not I've found the last couple of series just haven't held my attention for very long and I stopped watching it after a little while.

Hello to all the other lovely Ladies following along....

AFM: Had a "footwear mishap" while I was out walking this morning. Was 3/4's of the way home and the tread on my left shoe started peeling off!! FFS!! Had to "flip flop" the rest of the way but I made it home in one piece!!

Was my pair of "old faithful's" too (with the onus on "old") so I guess it's no surprise they sh*t themselves is it?? Had to make a mercy dash on my way home from work today and buy another pair so I'll be all set to go in the morning.

Other than that, all good, been looking at flights for next weekend to go up to Mum's again. Just have to sort a few logistics out work-wise, as I'd like to go up on Mother's Day on the Sun and come back Tues late arvo/early evening. Got check-up appointment with my GP tomorrow as well.

Ok must go for now....take care and until next time...........
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 01-05-2014 at 14:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A massage is just what I need this w/e that and the couch - I wish lol

Has been a bit hectic this week at work with lots of problems and eom reporting - TGIF

Your flip flop mishap sounded like mine the other week bib how's the walking going apart from that enjoying it?

Hope your apt with gp went well x

That's great u r able to see your mum again soon too

Not long till Monday now ready to get this ball rolling again and try and beat this ivf game!

Have a good w/e ladies, x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Booboo: Good luck at your appointment today Girl!!! Time to get this show on the road Luv!! Hope you had a great weekend and you enjoyed your massage/mani/pedi?? Hell, I would've had it all done if I could!!!

Hopefully things will have settled down this week at work for you. Have a bit of a hectic one in front of me as I need to make sure everything is completed as I'm taking Mon/Tues off next week, so will work the extra days this week to make up for it. There are some benefits to only working Casual I must admit

All good mostly with the walking except my right shoe has given me a blister on my heel Have tried the old "wet newspaper in the shoe to stretch it out" trick over the weekend, which seems to have worked a smidgen, but it hasn't helped the heel situation as there was still movement/sliding happening when I went for my walk this morning which aggravated my burst blister again!! FFS!!! That's what I get for "panic buying" and getting a pair of El Cheapo's I guess, but I didn't have time (or the $ atm) to buy me a good pair.

Anyhoo, will take them down to "old mate" at Mr Minute this arvo on my way home from work and see if he has a machine that can stretch them for me and I'll also buy some heel guards to go in them too and hopefully that will do the trick as I am enjoying my daily stroll around the neighbourhood

Am glad I was able to get a cheap return flight up to Mum's and that I'll be able to spend Mother's Day and all day of her birthday with her too. In all likelihood, it will be her last sadly GP appoint went well and she seems to think my funny turn was either a sudden drop in blood pressure or possibly a touch of the Lurgy that DP was recovering from. She's ordered up some blood tests just to check that everything's ok, but doesn't foresee any probs. Have an appoint at the hospital later on this week for a scan just to check the length of my cervix and a growth scan to check on Belly Bean too and probably my placenta as they may as well as while they're down there!!

Right Luv, so are you firing on all four's and ready to go??? You know I'm here on the sideline's cheering you on and crossing and sending your way!! Am excited for you and do feel that doing the long, down reg cycle will have a better outcome for you egg no. and quality-wise as well Get sniffing girlfriend!!!

Hello as always to all the other lovely ladies out there. Hope all is well in you part of the world

Ok, better get back to the grindstone. Take care and until next time.................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi luv opted for a big bubble bath and a shopping spree yesterday instead

feeling like i want to throw up I'm just waiting to have bloods done , the poor lady here is by herself so there was a room full of people, just picked up all of my meds and now I'm feeling very overwhelmed, I'm sure it's simple once u get started just feels all too much today I'll be on 450 Menopur, Saizen and synarel

Glad u managed to get a cheap flight up to see your mum and hope u have some great quality time spent together, is your sister going up as well? glad your apt went well x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Luv, I know it feels overwhelming, and that having to mix the vials for the Menopur/Saizen can feel intimidating, but everything will be ok. The instructions that come with them are pretty straightforward, failing that, I'm pretty sure there's some video's on Youtube showing you how to do it. Just make sure you have everything out and spread around you on a stable surface, give yourself plenty of space to lay everything out, take a deep breath and do everything one step at a time ok??

Yes, that's a hefty dose of Menopur you're on. Don't be surprised if that dose does give you some side effects, I know it did for me in Cycle 4 when I was on that amount, but your FS is trying to get your ovaries producing bigtime with that dosage (mind you, mine has told me he's prescribed up to 650IU) With the Menopur, I also prefilled the empty syringes with the dosage required and just kept them in the fridge ready to be used as needed. My FS got me to split the dose and do 225IU in the morning and 225IU at night (he reckons it promotes more even/uniform follicle growth doing it that way) but most FS just go with the once a day dose.

Ah yes, a phlebotomist's nightmare.....a room full of people and you're the only one working!!! No, my sister can't get away this time which is why I'm flying up as opposed to driving. Although it isn't all that far to drive, didn't want to do it on my own (not while I'm preggo anyhoo) so am flying which is only an hr...will have just taken off and it'll be time to land again!!!

I know about the "it's all too much feeling"....the first time I met my new FS prior to Cycle 4 starting and he told me what the protocol was going to be with all the meds and supplements and the endo scratch and lipoidal flush etc my head was absolutely spinning by the end of the appoint and when I went with the Nurse straight after so that she could talk me through the upcoming cycle in more detail and give me all the paperwork including a printed plan of the drug protocol, I bloody well burst into tears I was so overwhelmed and stressed just from the thought of it!!!

My point is, you have a bit of time before you have to start jabbing, so don't think about it anymore today ok?? In the next couple of weeks you'll be able to familiarise yourself with how to mix up the meds before you actually have to and if you're still not feeling confident by the time you're due to start jabbing, get the nurse to mix up the meds for you and show you how ok?? (the day I picked up my order of Saizen was the first day I was scheduled to start taking it, so one of the nurses mixed the first vial for me and I had the injection then and there in front of her)

Ok Luv, will be keeping my eye on you!!! Keep me updated on how you're getting on. Everything will be okxoxoxoxo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 05-05-2014 at 13:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks hun I'll def check out the utube vids, this morning prob didn't help the fact I prob had about 2 hrs sleep prob due to nerves, was also raining a fair bit last nite.

Your right deal with one thing at a time, at least the synarel is a piece of cake to administer All going well with my bloods I'll start that tonight. I'm thinking maybe stick to 6am and 6pm times for that. I can quite understand how u lost it, I was close, very emotional today

They said just once a day for me for the Menopur

The lady in Clinipath handled it very well, she said she would be doing a 11 hour shift someone was sick apparently

I was planning on going in to work however it's got a bit late now so I let boss know I'll be back tomorrow, feel a little bad but it's a bit of a waste of time

Also seem to have a few signs of a cold, hopefully it'll stay well away, might head to shop for some soup and rest this arvo

1hr flight sounds good we have flown to Kalgoorlie (mining town) a few times and that's about the same so quick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Booboo: Checking in on you Luv to see how you're going thus far on the Synarel?? When do you expect AF to arrive?? Yep, I used to sniff 12hrs apart too.

How are your feeling other than that?? Am hoping that cold didn't materialise for you, but if it has, its better getting the Lurgy now and be done with it before EPU and ET.

What have you got planned for your weekend??

Big hello as always to all the other lovely ladies as well......

AFM: Been a pretty full on week for me. My "Heap of Sh*t" car decided to pack it in on the way home from work/shops the other day. FFS!! More $ down the drain!! Am furiously saving to get a better second hand car before the BellyBean arrives, but it's always something lately that needs to be paid and I'm not managing to squirrel away as much as I was hoping to at the minute.

Anyhoo, am grateful the car got me home and itself to the mechanic who on a very basic level knows our situation (he's been my mechanic for almost 6 yrs), so he did a "Mates Rates" job for me and I only had to pay $140 to get it going again I only need it to keep running for another 3 months tops, so hopefully it'll do just that from now on!!

Had my scan to check cervix/placenta/growth scan of BellyBean and all is well at the moment thankfully!! Cervix seems fine and is closed, placenta is still low lying but not overly close to my cervix, so shouldn't pose any kind of problem at this point in time and BellyBean is thriving and is in the 67th percentile for size, so not too big or too small at the minute, but it's still early days. She currently weighs 600gm's or 1Ib 5oz's Will recheck everything again in 4 weeks time.

I posted a photo of my almost 6 month Preggy Belly over in the "Over 40 and Pregnant-IVF/DE" thread that Emski started in the "Pregnancy and babies through IVF" sub forum if you want to have a look (and a good laugh!!)

Other than that, all good. Walking shoes are slowly but surely being "broken in" and my heel is rejoicing let me tell you!! Should get a visit from both of my sisters at some stage today/this evening (a rare occurrence both on the same day) and will spend tomorrow washing/packing and sorting things out here before I fly out to Mum's on Sunday morning.

Ok must go and throw on a load of washing before I head off for my walk. Have a great day and until next time...................
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 09-05-2014 at 06:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going ok luv, day 5 of Synarel now, no real noticeable side affects.

Im cd 29 today, I usually have 31 day cycles so she shouldn't be far. Although nurse mentioned I might have a delay due to the synarel

Feeling like she isn't far though, a bit moody and my stomach is having the tell tale signs. Will start jabs by cd3 if all looks good on BT result

Cars r a real pain at times aren't they! Glad u got the mates rate price - it all adds up

Glad to hear belly bean is well, I had a look at your pic u look gorgeous hun, cute bump

Enjoy the weekend hun, ours is pretty busy as hubs auntie from America has come to visit. Have breakfast sun/dinner with my family at a yummy Malaysian restaurant sun night

Weather in perth has been very rainy - nice weather for a nice quiet nite in

Hi to other ladies - hope u r all going ok

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Booboo: Good to hear everything's going well and you're not having any major side effects Oooh, so AF is due anywhere from Monday onwards hey?? Yep, the Synarel can delay AF only usually by a few days at the most, but it's not unheard of for AF to be late by up to a week.

Sounds like you're on track for AF being on time if your symptoms are anything to go by, plus you know your body Luv and what it does in the lead up to it Am so excited now that your merely days away from jabbing again!!!

That's nice that the Auntie has come over for a visit. The thought of the Malaysian feast tomorrow night is making me hungry!! Yummmm!!!! I love Thai/Malaysian food...in fact I love most food...Indian, Turkish, African, Chinese etc, Not a big fan of Japanese though...can't be doing the sushi though I wish I could because it's so good for you (not that I could have it now anyway) and I'm also not a huge fan of seafood either. Just the stock standard fish, prawns (hot, cooked ones, not cold one's that you peel and eat because for some reason they make me sick??), calamari and that's about it really.

I agree about the rainy whether Good excuse for dvd's and hot chocolate/milo for us when it's like that Ok my dear, have a great weekend and enjoy your family get togethers. Am flying out to Mum's in the morning and back on Tues evening, so don't think I'll be able to post until I'm hm again, though I will be keeping an eye on proceedings from my ph, so behave yourself!!! Thanks for the lovely compliment re: my pic...not feeling so gorgeous, more like a "large Marge" at the moment!!!

Big hello to all the other lovely ladies..........

Ok must go throw yet another load of washing on before I head off for my walk.
    Until next time...............